Viewing last 25 versions of post by Zerowinger in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
"[@Fluttershy Studios":](/generals/tartarus/post/3263024#post_3263024
)  
Unfortunately, General Lee is also considered a white supremacist or at least a symbol of white supremacy by some groups on the left side of the spectrum. Hence, the continued efforts to remove Lee and other Confederate figures, which in turn will rile people up for other reasons (ie, people who might admire Lee as man or who cherish their local history). Of course, when they complain they inevitably get cast as being in the same lot with as the white supremacists, even if that isn't their motivation for wanting to keep the statue around.

"

[
@Shirani":](/generals/tartarus/post/3263021#post_3263021
)  
You need to calm down - in fact, a lot of people do. Yes, it's true - the Left's pursuit of identity politics that organizes people into tribes opposed to one designated outgroup that is the source of all ills in the pursuit of short term gain does and has produced to long term consequences of some members of said designated outgroup going "hey, wait a minute - we technically could be a tribe _*too_*..."

That still doesn't make the organizers of this rally _*right_*. I've seen some of the pictures - I wouldn't want to be associated with these idiots, even if I also wanted to protest the removal of Lee's statue.

One final thing: do we even know _*who_* driver is yet, or what his affiliation is, or what if any statement he's provided? Doesn't it seem premature to automatically assume the driver was part of one group or another?
No reason given
Edited by Zerowinger
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
"@Fluttershy Studios":/generals/tartarus/post/3263024#post_3263024
Unfortunately, General Lee is also considered a white supremacist or at least a symbol of white supremacy by some groups on the left side of the spectrum. Hence, the continued efforts to remove Lee and other Confederate figures, which in turn will rile people up for other reasons (ie, people who might admire Lee as man or who cherish their local history). Of course, when they complain they inevitably get cast as being in the same lot with as the white supremacists, even if that isn't their motivation for wanting to keep the statue around.

"@Shirani":/generals/tartarus/post/3263021#post_3263021
You need to calm down - in fact, a lot of people do. Yes, it's true - the Left's pursuit of identity politics that organizes people into tribes opposed to one designated outgroup that is the source of all ills in the pursuit of short term gain does and has produced to long term consequences of some members of said designated outgroup going "hey, wait a minute - we technically could be a tribe _too_..."

That still doesn't make the organizers of this rally _right_. I've seen some of the pictures - I wouldn't want to be associated with these idiots, even if I also wanted to protest the removal of Lee's statue.

One final thing: do we even know _who_ driver is yet, or what his affiliation is, or what if any statement he's provided? Doesn't it seem premature to automatically assume the driver was part of
No reason given
Edited by Zerowinger