Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beth in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Well the FDA is doing something big, and finally a topic I can reliably report on here.

![](https://i.ibb.co/SyYJx6F/Screenshot-1.png)
[Link to Business insider. You can also google 'FDA healthy cereal'](https://www.businessinsider.com/white-bread-cereal-healthy-under-draft-fda-rule-change-2023-2)

The adding of refined sugar to our foods is strongly correlated with obesity and childhood diabetes. Not just diabetes, but added sugars alter your tastebuds, and can create children who don't want to eat vegetables or drink water.

Potential problems include:
-Basic staple food becoming more expensive.
-The introduction of artificial sugars to cereal.
-Junk or not, this stuff still keeps lots of poor kids alive.
-Potential food sources become unavalilable, because companies finding it less profitable to have cereal that's not labeled healthy.

Some solutions:
-Rebranding some cereal as 'high calorie', or 'energy' cereal. They just can't call it healthy. They couldn't sell this on the same scale iI'm sure, something else also has to be done.

-I know they won't use the word 'candy cereal' like they should.

-Doubling down on the low sugar cereal. Embrace a culture where people add their own stuff to cereal.

-Lucky charms could just sell bags of marshmallows, nobody looks for the word healthy on marshmallows anyway.
---

I don't care about high sugar cereals existing, I have a high calorie diet (trying to gain weight). They just shouldn't use the word healthy. The same way we shouldn't call energy drinks or cigarettes healthy.

FDA just woke tf up, and started saying everything i been trying to say for years.
Reason: forgot the link/formatting
Edited by Beth
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Well the FDA is doing something big, and finally a topic I can reliably report on here.

[Link to Business insider. You can also google 'FDA healthy cereal'](https://www.businessinsider.com/white-bread-cereal-healthy-under-draft-fda-rule-change-2023-2)

The adding of refined sugar to our foods is strongly correlated with obesity and childhood diabetes. Not just diabetes, but added sugars alter your tastebuds, and can create children who don't want to eat vegetables or drink water.

Basic staple food becoming more expensive.
The introduction of artificial sugars to cereal.
Junk or not, this stuff still keeps lots of poor kids alive.
Potential food sources become unavaliable, because companies finding it less profitable to have cereal that's not labled healthy.

Some solutions:
Rebranding some cereal as 'high calorie', or 'energy' cereal. They just can't call it healthy. They couldn't sell this on the same scale i'm sure, something else also has to be done.

I know they won't use the word 'candy cereal' like they should.

Doubling down on the low sugar cereal. Embrace a culture where people add their own stuff to cereal.

Lucky charms could just sell bags of marshmallows, nobody looks for the word healthy on marshmallows anyway.
---

I don't care about high sugar cereals existing, I have a high calorie diet (trying to gain weight). They just shouldn't use the word healthy. The same way we shouldn't call energy drinks or cigarettes healthy.

FDA just woke tf up, and started saying everything i been trying to say for years.
Reason: forgot the link.
Edited by Beth
Beth

In digital purgatory

Potential food sources become unavaliable, because companies finding it less profitable to have cereal that's not labled healthy.

Some solutions:
Rebranding some cereal as 'high calorie', or 'energy' cereal. They just can't call it healthy. They couldn't sell this on the same scale i'm sure, something else also has to be done.

Doubling down on the low sugar cereal. Embrace a culture where people add their own stuff to cereal.

Lucky charms could just sell bags of marshmallows, nobody looks for the word healthy on marshmallows anyway.

Edited by Beth
Beth

In digital purgatory

Some solutions:

Doubling down on the low sugar cereal. Embrace a culture where people add their own to cereal.

Edited by Beth