Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Btw in 2015 a muslim man was denied german citizenship for doing the following:  
refusing to shake woman’s hand  
when asked about bodily punishment for infidelity and amputation for theft he simply said “god is merciful” but explained that he currently doesnt live in a country that would do those things anyway. Meaning; he doesn’t outright condemn it. Why not? Because condemning a quranic prescription is akin to disbelief.  
when asked about the sharia and how in sura 4 verse 34, men are seen as caretakers of women and how it’s incompatible with german constitution, he says “before god, men and women are equal”  
when confronted with the question of Muhammad marrying a 9yo girl, he said “it was never an issue back then”

Other than that, the 40yo senior doctor aced the naturalization test and had sworn loyalty to germany.

He wasnt given citizenship due to his islamic beliefs being incompatible with core german values.

My thoughts? I applaud both the man and the german officials. You gotta have principles, after all. Rejecting his citizenship was the right decision, imo.

I personally wont be mad if I get rejected citizenship for being a muslim. At the moment I’d prolly feel like a total sellout if I just parrot “the best answer” and give what the officials wanna hear. Woulda defeated the purpose of having the freedom to express one’s opinion, wouldn’t it?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trump Is Taking Down Names as Republicans Begin Jumping Ship on His ‘Totally Off the Rails’ Campaign

The rats are leaving the sinking ship that is the Trump presidency, and President Donald “We swear he’s not an authoritarian” Trump is making an enemies list of the defectors. Because that’s what normal people do.

A few months ago the Trump re-election campaign compared itself to the Death Star. With Biden kicking his ass in the polls Mark Hamill is having a hoot with this one.

Personally I’m waiting for Biden-as-Iron-Man as a response to the infamous (and thanks to Covid, disturbingly accurate) Trump-as-Thanos ad, but hey this is just as good.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

The irony in comparing ones campaign to a something that was famously impressive looking on the outside, won one battle, and then was ultimately undone thanks to a critical design flaw during the 11th hour on the eve of their potential “victory”.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
Btw in 2015 a muslim man was denied german citizenship for doing the following:
refusing to shake woman’s hand
when asked about bodily punishment for infidelity and amputation for theft he simply said “god is merciful” but explained that he currently doesnt live in a country that would do those things anyway. Meaning; he doesn’t outright condemn it. Why not? Because condemning a quranic prescription is akin to disbelief.
when asked about the sharia and how in sura 4 verse 34, men are seen as caretakers of women and how it’s incompatible with german constitution, he says “before god, men and women are equal”
when confronted with the question of Muhammad marrying a 9yo girl, he said “it was never an issue back then”
Other than that, the 40yo senior doctor aced the naturalization test and had sworn loyalty to germany.
He wasnt given citizenship due to his islamic beliefs being incompatible with core german values.
My thoughts? I applaud both the man and the german officials. You gotta have principles, after all. Rejecting his citizenship was the right decision, imo.
I personally wont be mad if I get rejected citizenship for being a muslim. At the moment I’d prolly feel like a total sellout if I just parrot “the best answer” and give what the officials wanna hear. Woulda defeated the purpose of having the freedom to express one’s opinion, wouldn’t it?

Oh nice, I also applaud on that. I respect those who stick to their beliefs without any intention of harming others for it. So long as no one is hurt, whatever their belief may be, they’re allowed to believe it.
Background Pony #F603
The rats are leaving the sinking ship that is the Trump presidency, and President Donald “We swear he’s not an authoritarian” Trump is making an enemies list of the defectors. Because that’s what normal people do.
I rather liked (no pun intended) the reply from Dan Rather on that.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I was looking at a breakdown on the house races.

If current polling holds, dems are likely to hold a majority of state delegations by about 1 or 2 states.

That won’t be relevant unless there is a contested election, but still would be neat if they managed it.
Background Pony #911A
Please kick the orange guy out of the White House, I can’t take any more of his lies!
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Latecomer

You didn’t figure that out after linking articles from NZ websites and suddenly having a massive interest in 3D-printed guns after March? Not even the discussions with Metro about cultures are made up of a lot of small things like the love for vegemite and not just big accomplishments? But I digress.

Ardern is NZ’s version of Obama, in that she talks a good game, but when it comes to actual delivery, she’s remarkably conservative. At least I know how Americans felt under Obama, Russians under Gorbachev, and Britbongs under Thatcher…

@Violet Rose in The Rain

How many times does it have to be said: both Antifa and the militia movements ain’t shit compared to the likes of Weather Underground.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Goku Black  
And everyone should have the freedom to live without the threat of irresponsibles spreading germs and viruses everywhere they go, but go explain that notion to covidiots…
Latecomer

@Ebalosus  
I thought you were Aussie - I recall you talking a lot about their totalitarian tendencies. Or maybe that was someone else?

And Thatcher never played herself as a liberal. She was very upfront.
Background Pony #9EB2
Americans just don’t like being told what to do, tgough I think the lockdowns were a bigger issue for people then the masks.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide