Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #9A93  
Early on they were calling this a “war” against an “invisible enemy”. Now they’re declaring an unconditional surrender. God forbid we had an actual war under this chucklefuck.

“Yeah, the Chinese nuked Los Angeles, but let’s face it, a lot of those people would have died anyway.”
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Anyone find it ironic how despite Earth being referred to as “MOTHER”, it’s loaded to the brim with patriarchal societies?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trump tax returns reveals various dealing with China. One of the most relevant points was that he’s paid nearly $200,000 in taxes to China, and in just a 2 year period. Remember that Trump hasn’t paid more than $1500 in taxes to America in decades.

Mr. “America First” has legit contributed more towards Chinese coffers than he has American.

Oh and don’t think I forgot how we’re still in a trade war with China. One we’re not only still losing, or that the Trump administration has admitted they’ve already given up on but still won’t end, but one that China has already long found different trade partners to compensate.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@CaptainXtra  
Same reason why a ship is captained mostly by men even if we refer it as a she.

I dont find it ironic. Like, at all. Mainly because I don’t know the percentage of patriarchal societies vs otherwise in all of earth’s biomass.

Also because I’m pretty sure it was a patriarchal society that somehow put the mother figure as sacred and powerful; both to be protected and as a protector. As such, many consider earth to be like a mother.

Case in point: Khabib left the UFC scene, vacated his title and was prepared to leave without the fight money despite his late father’s dying wish to have one at least one more fight.

Reason? His mother asked him not to fight anymore. The current greatest ufc lightweight undefeated fighter, at his prime, at his best, a man who holds absurdly patriarchal values, quit. Because his ma told him to quit.

Just IMO
Background Pony #68DC
@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
Don’t shutdown the country at all (This would be difficult as states can do what they want.. Rescind the process for testing that we had when this first broke out that forced tests to go through the CDC. Advise the public to wear masks and wash hands as appropriate. Otherwise keep policies as they are.
Background Pony #68DC
@Background Pony #68DC  
When I say don’t lockdown the country I don’t necessarily mean continue on as if nothong is wrong, but the largest danger is to the elderly. A quarantine process revolving around that group would be better.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Reddit comments are GARBAGE as per usual. Why I even bother with it idk.

Draw mohamad cartoons? Freedom of speech.

Not buying chinese products? Freedom of speech.

Sure yeah, I agree. No complaints from me. Ppl should be able to draw what they want, buy what they want.

Me deciding to limit my french product consumption because I’m nettled by the france-islam relationship? REEEE! You can’t do that you’re extremist and berry stupid!

Assholes. Can’t you guys at least be fucking less transparent with your bias and hypocrisy? Also who the fuck cares if some 2 million muslims abroad stop buying french products anyway? Stfu.

I’m not joking btw. I go to ALDI instead of Carrefour now, even if it means another five minutes of walking.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
These final few days are fascinating from a statistics standpoint.

I would be most entertained if I wasn’t dead center of this shitstorm.
Background Pony #0FE4
I didn’t know what right-to-work meant until recently. I don’t know a lot about politics.

Am I dumb?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #0FE4

No, it just means you have other things to do.

Interesting turnout in Texas. Already over 7 million votes have been cast, about 80% of the total votes cast in 2016 Texas. No data on where those votes went or how many will still be cast by Nov 3rd, but already Texas is looking to break its 2016 record.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

There have been a handful of polls showing Biden leading there.

It’s dubious whether or not he could actually pull off a win there, since it is still a red state at the end of the day. But, it’s not a great sign to be a republican incumbent and be in a statistical tie in Texas of all places.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #0FE4

Politics is important and effects everything in your life.

But on the other hand, watching Fox News or CNN ain’t putting bread on the table, so nobody blames you for spending your time and energy doing something that does pay the rent.

@Zincy

Apparently it’s the youth and minority vote that’s leading the early voting. Both of which lean Dem. So good news for what it’s worth.

But yeah Texas may have been shading purple for the last few elections but it’s not expected to turn into a swing state this soon.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide