Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Human

Just today, the leader of the Arizona House GOP showed that some members of his party still have a spine.

“I and my fellow legislators swore an oath to support the U.S. Constitution and the constitution and laws of the state of Arizona,” said Bowers. “It would violate that oath, the basic principles of republican government and the rule of law if we attempted to nullify the people’s vote based on unsupported theories of fraud.”

Trumpers are anti-constitution, anti-rule of law, and frankly anti-American.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Vivace

He was a true hero. Also, John Brown did nothing wrong.

@Zincy

People tend to have a lot of trouble placing me as well, given that I’m pro-gun, but also virulently pro-abortion, pro-immigration, and pro-trade union.

Despite that, I still get called either a “right-wing nut-job” because of by stance on guns and individual liberty, and something about a “ZOG funded race-traitor” because of my stance on immigration, abortion, and breaking bread with leftists.

@Background Human

Was there ever any doubt? I knew that after 2016 that the election authorities would be a bit more thorough this time around, and once Biden got the rust belt states (I think? I’m not sure what the American term is for the likes of Wisconsin and Michigan), I knew he had won.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ebalosus

My economic beliefs, military support, and general southern demeanor often makes me appear to the uninitiated to be right wing.

But my social beliefs are very much leftward.

As for my stance on guns, I’m not really “pro” or against. I see it as people going at it sideways. The guns arent the problem.

The problem is the fetishism of guns, the lack of education and training, the haphazard nature of background checks, and the existence of glorified ponzi schemes like the NRA. Which European country has more armed citizens per capita than the US and has maybe one shooting a year? Was it Switzerland? They’ve got their shit figured out.

That, and if we had a happier, healthier, wealthier society youd see gun violence drop overnight.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ebalosus  
Of course not. But as long as the President and his acolytes continue to pretend that this election remains undecided, I intend to revel in every step of their slow but inevitable failure.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Looks like we’re finally getting that second Covid relief package.

But as far as I can tell it’ll be only about $900 billion. And won’t include a another $1200 pittance for all Americans (which I still haven’t got my first one…)

I really don’t know how we went from the Democrats offering a $2 trillion relief package and the Republicans offering a $1.6 trillion relief package and somehow settle on a less than $1 trillion.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

The mysteries of Washington.

I speak from experience when I say you feel slightly dumber when you get near capital row. It has a magical draining effect on IQ when you’re there.

It’s like a fucking INT debuff.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@CaptainXtra

In practice? When the man can singlehandedly stall the government by…not doing his job while still taking taxpayer’s money then yes.

In theory? I’ve been lead to believe that Senate Majority Leader is more of a fancy title than anything and anyone can actually bring a bill to the floor.
Background Pony #70D6
as long as the President and his acolytes continue to pretend that this election remains undecided, I intend to revel in every step of their slow but inevitable failure.
Trump’s legal “strike force” actually lost 6 court cases today alone. That puts them at 1 win, 46 losses total, with more (losses) almost certain to follow.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

Fucking Chuck being too damn pussy to “break tradition” and bring bills up pissed me off.

All the damn headaches that could have been avoided if that dipshit had a spine.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Zincy

I get the idea. Having a de facto hierarchy would do wonders to stopping any disorder in the proceedings.

But, uh, harping on about “procedure” not only doesn’t work when the opposition demonstrably simultaneously doesn’t care and rely on your adherence to it, but also doesn’t work when people are dying.
Background Pony #6BB6
@CaptainXtra  
Not really. He is the guy leading the party in control of the senate yeah, but I wouldn’t say he has too much power.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I’ve been very invested in half my families homeland recently. Outside of my home of the US.

My hope is Brexit ends in a united Ireland. An end to the unionists and the birth of a free, united, and true Ireland.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide