Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The video footage shows the two being physically detained by officers as they proclaim Austin’s innocence. But it begins with an unusual admission that the officers weren’t sure Austin was the man cited in the domestic violence call.
As their patrol car makes a U-turn after passing Austin, one officer asks the other, “This dude?”
“Probably,” says the partner on the May 24, 2019, recording. The officers were responding to a 911 call made by Austin’s neighbor about her ex-boyfriend, who was white; no description of the suspect is given in the call.

The video then shows Michlewicz attempting to intervene. She can be heard saying, “What is happening?” while she attempts to hold onto Austin as the officers pull him away from her. At one point, her robe comes off, and she is briefly naked on the street. She is eventually pushed to the ground.

The only credit the officers get is that they didn’t have a description of who they were going to arrest. But, uh, this next paragraph explains the problem with that.

“It is racial profiling. They had no description of the suspect — a completely blank slate,” said attorney Faisal Gill, who represents both of them in the civil rights lawsuit. “They literally saw the first Black man, and they arrested him.”

This is literally the “Monkey see, neuron activates meme”.

Oh and according to other reports the actual suspect got away while the cops made a scene.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Formal inquiries are now finished and an actual investigation has been launched against Matt Gaetz.
Relatedly there’s a new photo floating around of Gaetz taking a selfie with a bunch of underage women. In a pizza parlor.
Pizzagate was real all along. It was just Pizza Gaetz the whole time.

Oh boy, this is gonna be good.
Background Pony #1F81
@Dustcan  
To non-Americans, this is just enforcing the view that “Police will shoot/arrest the first black person they see regardless of what they are actually doing” isn’t an exaggeration, it’s almost a fact.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
I’m trying to understand the whole Extra Credits controversy, and no not the “Stop Normalizing Nazi” video. I’m talking about their “Evil Races are Game Design” video they posted a week ago.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Remember when Biden flat out declared he would not build even a single extra foot of Trump’s stupid wall? Biden’s now building extra feet of Trump’s stupid wall.

I’m getting conflicting stories on whether it’s an intentional policy, or if Biden is legally bound by previous contracts to spend the money already allocated for the wall though. The upside is that said money is being spent mostly to patch and repair holes in existing sections of the wall it seems so…eh.
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
Not all the stupid wall is Trump’s stupid wall. Maybe Biden’s less conflicted about rebuilding Clinton’s, Bush’s, or Obama’s stupid wall. That’s something progressive activists will have to hash out with him.
Background Pony #A0EA
@Background Human  
Does the wall count as infrastructure? Because if so, guess what the infrastructure bill is going to be used for… And if not, watch it be reclassified as infrastructure real fast.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@NitroFury  
They should really leave that stuff to the professionals, because all they do is make a mockery of the issues at hand.

They’re the same d##kheads that spawned the “you didn’t ask for this” meme.
vit
The End wasn't The End - For those that found a new home

@NitroFury  
What EC said: People have been talking about how orcs are depicted and how that relates to depictions of black people/POC, but we want to talk about how bioessentialism is lazy.

How the anti-sjws and reactionary grifters clipped it: “… orcs are … black people”.

The reason for the huge amount of negative reaction is that alt-right people shared this video on right-wing subreddits/social media in order to brigade and strawman it. The orc comparison was an off-hand claim and wasn’t even the focus. The video was arguing how creating one group to be inherently evil is lazy writing. Pointing out how fantasy is constantly using racist tropes used in real life to demonize actual people to create their evil races and how its not really a coincidence that good heroic cultures and humanity is highly associated with European cultures with non-humans regularly being racially coded as non-European cultures.  
Examples:  
Warcraft. Most of the humans are white with British/American accents. Trolls are Jamaican. Tauren are Native Americans.  
LOTR: Humans are white Europeans. The bad guys are from The East. 2 human factions fighting on the side of Sauron and orcs are Easterlings and Corsairs, both depicted as Middle Eastern or generally swarthy-looking.

Pointing this trend out does not mean EC “r teh realz racists!”
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@vit

Blizz actually fixed one issue recently by giving humans, blood/void elves, and gnomes a much larger range of skin tones.

And, to their credit, those “white European humans” in Warcraft aren’t exactly righteous most of the time. Golden Boy Anduin not withstanding. Hell, the British sounding ones range from “isolationist nobles who favored genocide who got fucked by werewolves” and “drunken sailors who may or may not have been accidentally worshipping an eldritch horror”.
NitroFury
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@vit  
@NitroFury
What EC said: People have been talking about how orcs are depicted and how that relates to depictions of black people/POC, but we want to talk about how bioessentialism is lazy.
How the anti-sjws and reactionary grifters clipped it: “… orcs are … black people”.
The reason for the huge amount of negative reaction is that alt-right people shared this video on right-wing subreddits/social media in order to brigade and strawman it. The orc comparison was an off-hand claim and wasn’t even the focus. The video was arguing how creating one group to be inherently evil is lazy writing. Pointing out how fantasy is constantly using racist tropes used in real life to demonize actual people to create their evil races and how its not really a coincidence that good heroic cultures and humanity is highly associated with European cultures with non-humans regularly being racially coded as non-European cultures.
Examples:
Warcraft. Most of the humans are white with British/American accents. Trolls are Jamaican. Tauren are Native Americans.
LOTR: Humans are white Europeans. The bad guys are from The East. 2 human factions fighting on the side of Sauron and orcs are Easterlings and Corsairs, both depicted as Middle Eastern or generally swarthy-looking.
Pointing this trend out does not mean EC “r teh realz racists!”

I wish you can address that to Penguin instead, because I didn’t fall for that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide