Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Seriously, I tried to find that “Orcs are Black people/POC” argument between the 0:46 to 1:00 myself, but it’s only the pictures and nothing else.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@Dustcan
Presidents are indeed required to spend money how congress allots it,

No they’re not. They are given a budget by Congress with amounts earmarked for specefic purposes. But as the executive the president can simply not chose to spend money in certain areas as their own way of dictating policy. That is the role of executive orders most often, or in the case of Obama’s presidency as he proved: the president can simply order to not do a thing, and use that money elsewhere.

Just not enforce it. That’s what the president can do. And do stuff elsewhere with the savings made by doing something else. On this front the president is regarded as being both the most powerful and immediate factor in matters like the drug war: the office can just stop paying for enforcement programs and paramilitary excercises to observe the drug war and then put that excess money into some other function.

Congress can get mad, congress can censure the president. But that has no weight beyond being, “Excuse me, sir!”
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
I watched the “Evil Races Are Bad Games Design” video from Extra Credits in its entirety, and I can’t find anything controversial.
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@NitroFury  
I wouldn’t necessarily call it controversial, but his solution was morally worse than an all evil race. He purports that’s its okay to slaughter any person if they belong to an evil organization, but that assumes that everyone that joins those organizations is inherently evil, which is definitely not the case. It’s not that far removed from games about gunning down Muslim terrorists. Some 17 year old could have joined because the organization promised to feed his starving family, but since he’s wearing a bad guy suit it’s okay to fill him with lead and T-bag his corpse. Why do we need to dehumanize people when we can just have races with inhuman morality (and care not to make them resemble certain human cultures)? In fact, why are we even assuming that human-style morals and ethics are an objective constant anyways?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Natry  
What’s the Tldw? I didnt watch. What was his solution? In GTA, the players have zero qualms gunning down anybody that looks at them funny. No actually, they get gunned down or ran over regardless. It’s all in the whim of the player.

Even IF all the Redshirt are an All-Good race, if you have a killing tool in your hand and the completion of your objective (be it whimsical or obligatory) requires that you go genocide them, you would. That’s kinna the idea really. You will literally objectify any npc standing in your way, be they a complex written character or a one-note evil goblin.
Violet Rose in The Rain

@Natry

It depends on the evil organisation.

That kind of thinking applies to something like the Iraq war. Where we forced people out of their jobs that paid well and expected capitalism to just swoop in a replace them. Then we basically fired the military down there, gave them no support or supplies. So what you have are angry people who are hungry and they have lots of guns.

Neo-Nazis are all selfish assholes who care only for themselves and happily consistently scam each other. The Capital Riot was nothing but rich shit heads. The KKK grew in popularity in Oregon cause they promised the middle class and upper classes and the cops that they would “stem the tide”.
Background Pony #E201
Claiming that making an evil race in a piece of media is lazy is also a low IQ take. Their is nothing wrong with wanting to tell a story of good triumphing over evil, and having an evil race can be a part of that. It doesn’t have to be, but if the point of the story isn’t the grey area we normally run into then adding it can needlessly complicate a plot.
Background Pony #E201
@Background Pony #E201  
It does become a problem, as someone else said, if you start giving the bad race attributes from another real world civilization. At that point you’re playing with fire. Then if you try to make an analogy to a real world group while still retaining the evil race thing you’re an idiot and should be removed from the writing room.
Latecomer

@Natry  
I think tbey probably just mean that if you need a “kill on sight” group (which video games do a bit more than most media), organizational is preferable to racial.

@NitroFury  
It’s obviously controversial with people who like evil races.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Imo an all-evil race in a non-story driven vidya gaem IS lazy writing. But is ok, since the story is secondary anyway.  
Imo it’s akin to a placeholder that never gets replaced.

An all-evil race is about as valid a placeholder as any. They’re obstacles, das it.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Latecomer  
I love evil race. But I only love em when they’re multidimensional, with fleshed out communities, worldviews, philosophy, rituals, mode of beings, etc.

That way, the evil race is harder to be categorized as evil, because the more fleshed out they are, the more likely is the reader to find something they agree / sympathize with, and at that moment, the evil race became closer to the “not so different, you and I” category
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Scrabbleman  
Placeholder. You can replace them with anything else while keeping the same mechanics and it wouldn’t make a difference in gameplay. So the decision to make an evil race is all in the aesthetic and theme, really.

I would like to know more about their lore tho. Are they really just a bunch of killing machines? if that’s the case then they’re literally just meant to be shot at and nothing else.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@tehwatever  
Doom Eternal’s lore states that demons weren’t always evil. They used to just be normal until the Dark Lord tried to achieve immortality and accidentally corrupted them all and the very dimension, creating Hell.
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Latecomer  
Yes, and I’m arguing the opposite. Members of an evil organization, even Nazis, are not all immutably evil, and in a story driven game I would prefer an evil race if I wanted to be kill happy.

@tehwatever  
If we consider the two options, evil race or Nazis, in a non-story game the evil race is actually the least lazy option. Someone would have to spend the time to design said race. Nazis you can take a regular human model, slap on a swastika, and you’re good to go.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
I just watched the Extra Credits video myself.

It was… Average. The statement they made on how portrayals of orcs can negatively impact POC in real life was REALLY stupid, but aside from that, it wasn’t really controversal. It KINDA had good points, but they felt muddled to me.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@igotnopicks  
I like the RWBY solution: extra dimensional beings of ooze. Got gamers who don’t want to fight wolves and bears and are worried the needs of Orcs are just being misrepresented? Simple. Paint the figures glossy weird colors and give them blood red eyes, and even the vegans in your group go after them like freaking maniacs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide