Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #27FA

Well yeah, all 3 Trump appointees have been mired on controversial nominations. But what I mean to say is that Gorsuch is the only 1 of the 3 who had proven qualified and/or possessing the disposition for the position.

He’s sitting in a stolen seat, but other than that he’s been pretty respectable in his judgements.
Background Pony #27FA
@Dustcan  
I think all three are qualified and have the correct disposition. I don’t completely agree with their positions but I can separate that opinion from whether I think the justices are qualified to be there. From reading a number of law blogs it seems other people in the profession agree.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Human

Helped me.

Ever since I was mysteriously sick last February with unknown illness, I had persistent exhaustion and night pains. After the vaccine they cleared right up.
Background Pony #BB21
@Dustcan  
And how exactly are the other judge picks not “qualified”, then? Were there certain explicit rules, regulations, and standards already set by those who’re in charge of whether or not they are fully approved to be appointed that they had to meet in order for them to get the position(s), that they didn’t already meet?
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Dustcan

I’d argue that it hasn’t been trustworthy for a long time, given all the 5-4 coinflip rulings. Others argue that it hasn’t been trustworthy since Roe v. Wade due to the legal fiction created in order to justify said ruling. Still others have argued that it’s never been legitimate, due to it constitutionally protecting slavery.

I remember a senator during the Kavanaugh confirmation pointing out how because the legislature had become so dysfunctional, people instead look towards the judiciary in order to get politics done, and he’s completely right.

The problem is that there doesn’t seem to be any easy way forward to resolve the trustworthiness of the SC, because court-packing will alienate republicans, moderates, and beltway dems, and more conservative justices will just alienate everyone else.
Background Pony #BB21
Deletion reason: Rule #0 - next time if you think there's a problem report it instead of ... whatever this was meant to be
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #BB21

Well Beer Brett’s job interview consisted of him screaming and raving about Clinton conspiracies, political vendettas against the opposition party and how he just love love loves beer. Try that for any other job and see how far it gets you, but evidently for the highest court in the land that’s exactly the disposition the GOP is looking for.

ACB mostly stems from her graduate thesis that Separation Of Church and State is lame, and the few SCOTUS papers where the Justices explain their position since her appointment has shown she very much still think “Because God” is all the reasoning a judge needs.

Compared to those whackjobs Gorsuch not rocking the boat is pretty remarkable.

@Background Pony #BB21

Yeah, the main problem with the “Massacre Mitch” moniker is that it sounds like a verb instead of an adjective. McConnell is very much responsible for many dead Americans, but syntax making it sound like you’re calling for violence is gonna lose you support more than you gain.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Elder was already caught in an election lie.

His campaign website accidentally put live a section that stated irregularities were found in the California results using statistical analysis.

Except the results aren’t out yet. And won’t be till, at the earliest, 11PM EST tomorrow.

Your party is propagated by lies and is distinctly anti-democracy.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #BB21  
I noticed you seem to have an unhealthy focus on me, considering you didn’t even bat an eyelid at Dustcan’s “Beer Brett” moniker.

Just wanted to make it clear that it isn’t mutual and I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about what you think of my so-called “kidergarden/elementary school-level banter and namecalling”, is all. I ain’t about to tailor my speech to your likings, so either deal with it or seek another place than a containment thread on an MLP fansite to have a serious political discussion.

@Background Pony #0D6F  
I could’ve also called him Moscow Mitch. Reportedly, it’s this one he’s the most vocal against.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Bob Enyart, the conservative pastor cum (heh) radio host who called covid a hoax, mocked AIDs deaths by playing “another one bites the dust”, and reveled any time a famous gay person died…has died of covid.

If I may,

full
Background Pony #7F12
@Zincy  
You mean the same Bob Enyart that sued the state of Colorado over its mask mandates and capacity restrictions in public spaces?

That’s a pretty convoluted but impressive way of committing suicide, which as every good Christian knows is an instant ban from Heaven. Never you mind how his actions very directly lead to the deaths of others.

I have no sympathy.
Background Pony #F752
Deletion reason: Rule #6 - Please do not post blind links here, it's not that kind of thread.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Gallusposting since 2019
In case if you are interested, there was a Dismantle Global Hindutva conference, a virtual meeting between several Western and liberal Indian scholars and bloggers.

As soon as it happened, many angry Indians called for it to be cancelled. They kept claiming that opposition to Hindutva/Hindu supremacy is “genocide against Hindus”, supposedly because it appeases the more militant Muslim and leftist groups at the expense of the Hindu majority. On Twitter, many of them hate leftists, Muslims, and Christians with a passion.

Notoriously, its members who participated in the conference were subjected to death threats by online users.

What do you think about Hindutva in general? I am sometimes influenced by it because I thought Hinduism is in danger of being conquered by foreign enemies.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Gallusposting since 2019
@Kazapsky

It sounds suspiciously like the White Genocide crowd on Twitter. Their attitude is why I try to stay away from them. They would claim that liberal politicians and the government (even if it’s under BJP, a Hindu nationalist party), don’t care about protecting Hindu Indians from militants.

I don’t like keyboard warriors of any form - Trumpists, tankies, Islamists, just anyone like that. They are why I sometimes avoid politics, although I might ask them to find out.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
Disclaimer: not being serious.

I’d like for Hindu Supremacy to stick around and eventually be at China’s level of Han supremacy.

That way I have more excuses to be upset at something.  
And finally people in general would be more aware of the possibility of extremists hindus.

Hinduism and Buddhism got excellent PR thanks to their super colorful mystical aesthetic, lore and their easy integration into secularism and commercialization.

Most guys in the west dont think hindus can whack anybody. Well. let’s prove em wrong. Hinduism is the oldest kid in the playground. Time to teach these young ’uns, especially Christianity and Islam, some respect.
MethidMan
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Rep. McCarthy on House Dems tax plan: “They’re going to make jobs leave America”

Even if that does happen, what good are jobs anyway if they don’t pay well to begin with?
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
@tehwatever

Ideally, I would prefer India to be a Hindu state, but to become like Malaysia. No supremacy, just protection of its Hindu Dharma, but at the same time allowing its unbeliever citizens to have equal rights as an application of Hindu beliefs.

This kind of system that I propose would help reduce radicalism - whether of Hindutva, Islamism, Christian missionary Evangelism, antitheism (though it’s more to do with rich Westernised leftists or communist Naxals), or anything else - as people are turned away by economic and social programmes that help them get out of poverty.

I think poverty and war are among the main reasons why people turn to extremism, such as the Arab and African ghettoes in France where the migrants feel unwanted by the French populace, or far-right militants and QAnons affected by the Great Recession and loss of jobs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide