Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Eggonaught
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

@silbasa
Silbasa making up shit without any evidence as always
Europe style car attacks are by islamists, not protestors
Whenever I debate right wingers it’s like I’m entering a totally different reality
You’re just going to pretend you never said this now, aren’t you?
Are you implying that he’s a part of BLM just because he’s black?
@silbasa
Really cool how you pull the Waukesha killer as clearly being BLM despite there being no info on the culprit straight out of your ass, while “excusing” Rittenhouse for explicitly stating he’s pro-BLM.
And by cool I mean pretty pathetic.
What are you going to do now? All of you? Are you going to spend even five minutes reflecting on this?
Who is in a different reality here? The people presenting evidence, or the leftists being insanely rude and sticking their heads in the sand?
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

On that same note, remember when you said that “2% of Elon Musk’s wealth could solve world hunger is pure propaganda” and then refuse to provide any evidence explaining why?
Will you ever follow up on that, or are you going to be “insanely rude and stick your head in the sand” about it?
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Background Pony #15B5
Now we’ll see if they have the basic human decency to stay silent and reflect on their actions, or if they’ll start gloating about it left wing twitter is doing. I hope we’re pleasantly surprised.
NGL I laughed at that tweet.
When he’s right, he’s right. Also, why would I give an ounce of a fuck what some LA-dwelling rich fuck actor who probably pals around with the who’s whos of Hollywood sex pests, has to say on the Rittenhouse verdict. I watch them for entertainment, not for moral or political advice. I think it was Marky Mark who [rightly] said that actors shouldn’t really comment on things that don’t affect them, since their lives are quite different from the lives of us plebeians, or something to that effect.
I mean Pedro can talk about it, but I’m not going to care, let alone try and cancel him over it.
Background Pony #0101
@Background Pony #73BF
Purge both groups at the same time. And no, there is nothing inherently wrong with doing so.
@Background Pony #73BF
Purge any and all violent extremists.
Interviewer: “Notch, can you at least say that Nazis are bad?”
Notch: “Communists and Nazis are both bad.”
Please point out to me as to how Silbasa is wrong, here. Also, if Notch actually did say that, then not only is he absolutely based as all get-out and objectively correct, there, but he is STILL indeed unironically pointing out that Nazis are bad, and that the mere addition of communists to his response in no way actually suggests that he does not genuinely mean “Nazis are bad” when he stated so (according to you), or that he did not at least say that Nazis are bad, because in this case, he actually still did, so your rebuttal here is entirely null and void.
Seethe harder.
@Commune
Same thing goes to you.
Background Pony #46FA
Holy moly like every time one of these terrorist attacks happen it’s the same conversation every single time, just with the sides flipped one way or another. Every time it’s a proponent of one side the other claims it’s indicative of the entire side due to proclaimed slogans and ‘dOgWHisTles’.
The same argument every single time! Like do any of you ever get tired of it? Talking past eachother and having zero self-awareness and the memory span of goldfish?
Is this terrorist a raging lunatic who has radicalized left wing beliefs, absolutely. And there are plenty others like him!
Are there terroristic raging lunatics with radicalized versions of right wing beliefs, absolutely.
Both exist in spades and yall can deflect and project all day, it does literally nothing.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
It is really strange isn’t it?
I’m like one of the least confrontational people here. I was very aggressive and confrontational years ago, but that time has long passed.
Right now I’m basically the threads equivalent of a pomeranian.
Violet Rose in The Rain

The appeal to common sense, therefore, is usually nothing more than an appeal to thinking that just feels right. But what feels right to one person may not feel right to another.
When we say to each other “that sounds right”, or “I like the sound of that”, we are generally not testing someone’s argument for validity and soundness as much as seeing if we simply like their conclusion.
Whether it feels right is usually a reflection of the world view and ideologies we have internalised, and that frame how we interact with new ideas. When new ideas are in accord with what we already believe, they are more readily accepted. When they are not, they, and the arguments that lead to them, are more readily rejected.
We too often mistake this automatic compatibility testing of new ideas with existing beliefs as an application of common sense. But, in reality, it is more about judging than thinking.
As the psychologist and Nobel Laureate Daniel Kahneman notes in his book Thinking Fast and Slow, when we arrive at conclusions in this way, the outcomes also feel true, regardless of whether they are. We are not psychologically well equipped to judge our own thinking.
We are also highly susceptible to a range of cognitive biases, such as the availability heuristic that preference the first things that come to mind when making decisions or giving weight to evidence.
One way we can check our internal biases and inconsistencies is through the social verification of knowledge, in which we test our ideas in a rigorous and systematic way to see if they make sense not just to us, but to other people. The outstanding example of this socially shared cognition is science.
Calmer days of yore?
@Commune, care to offer your view on what this thread was in its early days? Because between Cyborg Pony, Radio Demon and even Archonix taking turns needling me, it all seems like historical revisionism.
Background Pony #C9EE
@Violet Rose in The Rain
Some things are common sense, you shouldn’t need to provide sources to it because people aren’t going to demand a source around whether the white house has a bathroom in it. Have I seen the layout of the Whitehouse? No I haven’t, but it’s a safe assumption the president doesn’t need to go next door if he needs to take a leak.
Now, if you really think that someone needs to provide specific sources to the claim that $6 billion dollars can solve world hunger then you need to stop, step away, and do a lot more research into extreme poverty, it’s causes, and the challenges in actually solving this problem.
If instead you want sources that people claiming $6 billion dollars is enough is propaganda then just by using critical thinking it’s pretty obvious that either the person claiming it is extremely ignorant, or they are lying for their own gain.
Background Pony #C9EE
@Violet Rose in The Rain
Ok, find me an expert that says $6 billion additional dollars towards the cause will solve world hunger, and they need to actually provide some sort of proof to the claim. The man who started all of this with Elon even admits that no, it won’t. It WILL help, but I don’t think anyone honestly argues it won’t help, $20 will help, any donation will help. At most you might find people claiming that money could be better used to solve the problem through building infrastructure or investing in businesses there.
$6 billion more will not solve world hunger, I’m sorry if you’ve been lied to and convinced of this, but it won’t. The claim that it will is ridiculous. To give you an idea, look here. An additional $30 billion PER YEAR, and these are still just estimates since people just aren’t sure when dealing with a problem of this magnitude.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide