Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@Dustcan
Let’s be real though. That probably won’t ever happen.
The GOP have their heads too far up their own assholes to ever admit that “Hey, Trump’s kind of a nazi!” And he’ll probably be the main Republican candidate for president again in 2024, because Conservatives eat up all the neo-nazi rhetoric that the little bitch shoots out on a near constant basis.
So yeah, whether we like it or not, we’re f###ed.
Honestly, people are getting too hung up on the Trump-as-Nazi-strongman thesis (and it’s one I’ve indulged in myself). Trump wasn’t a strongman in any conventional sense; he was charismatic and exceptionally egotistical, but his own personality flaws (and the very real legal constraints he operated under) prevented him from going any further. Once he was booted off of Twitter, he shut up, and now he’s getting booed by parts of his own fanbase for his support of vaccines. Trump didn’t co-opt the Republican Party; the Party co-opted him as an easy symbol for its voters to rally around. If the Republican Party takes back Congress in the midterms, it won’t be because of QAnon or 1/6, but because of the institutional and regional divisions that already work in its favor combined with cyclical public antipathy towards whichever President is in office at the time.
I want to cite Corey Robin again here, because not everything is World War II; we could easily end up under a pre-Reform Act oligarchy rather than a personalized dictatorship.
But I wonder if Robin isn’t underestimating the sheer strength of the country’s centrifugal tendencies. The United States has had, from the beginning, a pronounced hatred for the federal government and anyone who spends too long in Washington. I don’t want to take Twitter too seriously, but when I see so many loud “blue” urban anarchists and “red” Neo-Confederates hooting at their institutionalized counterparts for colluding with the enemy, I wonder if the central government won’t just collapse into paralysis while a cynical public looks to local authorities to protect their (varied) interests.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I want to watch this.
I saw my family struggle to even breathe with Covid. I want to watch these yahoos try to honest to god struggle for minutes at a time trying to put forward each sentence of their pro-Covid crap. I want to see them having to choose in real time whether what little breathe they can manage should be used to keep them alive or used to say “I want this whole nation to suffer like me.”
That or watch them flip their position real quick.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A 19 year old cashier at a BK in NY was shot and killed after giving a gun toting robber 100$ out of the register. He turned and shot her as he was leaving.
I’ve spoken before about how I think the death penalty should be limited to cases where the verdict is indisputable. This is one of those cases. People like that should be strung up in front of the courthouse steps and made example of. Preferably, slowly.
It’s one thing to commit crimes, even those that end with blood. Even some of our worst offenders can be redeemed under the right circumstances. But that kind of senselessness can only be answered in one way. With the erasure of the offender.
Background Pony #5A3A
Two of the lawyers presenting a case against a vaccine mandate to the SCOTUS has caught Covid.
Imagine that.
I can’t help but feel that would probably have at least a little bearing on the eventual verdict if the majority of SCOTUS wasn’t a bunch of partisan hacks that in better times would universally be considered barely competent enough to oversee traffic court.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
bans teaching the Nazis or similar political parties were of low moral character
Apparently the Indiana GQP publically walked that one back last week. But secretly, oops! They still left it in the bill.
Because of course the Very Fine People of the modern Nazi party don’t want history to think ill of the Very Fine People of the historical GQP party.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy
Morally, I get where your head’s at. But legally, I don’t think “indisputable” can be defined in a satisfactory manner to eliminate all possibility of executing the innocent. We get “beyond a reasonable doubt” wrong all the time, and that’s supposed to be our highest standard of guilt.
Toss his ass in Sing Sing and throw away the key.
@Dustcan
#NotAllNazis
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Fox News is now ree-ing about Biden holding a grand total of 9 press conferences in his first year. They bragged about Trump doing about 26 in that timeframe.
Yeah, uh, there’s a pandemic. I know Faux News is schizophrenic on admitting that, and I also hardly miss an opportunity to point out how Hidin’ Biden has spent his entire time from campaign to presidency in his basement, but not getting people killed by putting together gatherings is hardly a bad thing.
But of course. This is just SOP for Republicans: make a mess, leave the Dems to clean it up, then complain at how long it takes for the Dems to clean it up.
In other news, AOC has had a breakthrough infection of Covid. Just the other day Ben Shabibo went into conniptions over not being able to date AOC’s feet, at several points telling her she shouldn’t go to Florida if she thinks it’s Covid central.
Turns out Shapoopy was right about something. AOC shouldn’t have gone to Florida, because it’s such a Covid infested shithole that she got sick in spite of her vaccination and boosting. He’s still not going to get to date her feet though.
Background Pony #1F81
This is also the same guy who claims that COVID is some sort of liberal bioweapon, and has been issuing threats and demands at left leaning governors to remove mask/vaccine mandates or else he will arrest them.
Or murder them with a flamethrower (and no this isn’t hyperbole, he did film himself showing off the fact that he does own a flamethrower and said he is willing to use it to kill people who try and enforce vaccine mandates)
anti-vaxer, this is who you choose to represent you: a demented psychopath who thinks everyone should drink their own piss.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Speaking about Covid Central of America, Ron DeSantis - who’s been missing for the last week or so - let over a million Covid test kits expire just as the latest Covid surge happened. And just recently he bragged about getting another million kits as Covid continues to surge…kits that would’ve been sent to the rest of the nation if not for Florida’s scarcity.
I almost wonder if this is an intentional play by the GQP. They can’t win on any merits, and their entire campaign strat for the last 20+ years has just been “But the Dems!!1!” So I almost think that they are intentionally making things crappy just so they can make the Dem majority government look bad so they can get back in power…so they continue to kill Americans at faster rates.
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Assistant
Upload King
@CaptainXtra
That first bullet point is the worst part. Even worse than the one about Nazis. It pretty much ensures that any lesson plan either be so bland that nothing can be objected to or go into extreme detail to preemptively refute every possible misinterpretation (I don’t think it needs to be said which option most teachers will go for when we already have barely enough time to write lesson plans). It also prevents modifications to lesson plans if there’s something students are having trouble with and need extra focus on. Plus, since accommodations for special needs students are typically embedded in lesson plans, we would have to rewrite separate versions to maintain privacy.
Latecomer

@CaptainXtra
This seems to have considerable gatekeeping. I suppose I don’t know what it’s replacing, though - could be better than nothing.
@CaptainXtra
This, on the other hand, is just an attempt by parents to take over schools. (Likely leading to their collapse due to lack of teachers.) Which state?
@Background Human
I think there is such a thing as being caught red-handed. (Doesn’t seem to apply here, though.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide