Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #1F81
So…
Steven Crowder, the Daily Wire, and a bunch of other far-right influencers/grifters are currently in a middle of a “civil war” RN
TLDR the DW offered Steven a $50 million contract for the site, he refused it because he doesn’t want to bend over to the rules of “big tech” its obvious hes angry hes not being paid more, then he went on his podcast and started insulting DW over the deal
DW in turn is now taking shots at Steven over the contract, and now both sides are taking pot shots at each other while also airing the behind the scenes dirt/issues
Posted Report
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Violet Rose in The Rain
“The difference is society has made the very same cellphone integral to everything I need to do in my daily life, while I don’t need Da Hook-Nosed Joos Are Evulz The Game in order to participate in society.”
Yep
Can’t change anything if you don’t participate in society.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The entire thing gets worse not only as both sides explain themselves but the fact that there’s a controversy at all.
Basically, Crowder is refusing $50 million over 4 years because of a bunch of clauses in the contract. One of them being like a 20% cut if Crowder gets knocked off of Youtube or Twitter or somesuch. As Crowder explains, his entire shtick is trying to get himself cancelled, so Crowder thinks he’s being cheated because of a built-in clause that will all-but-automatically cut his pay.
Meanwhile, Benjy Shabibo is just angry that he’s being told no. That’s about it.
All the while this feud is exposing just how lucrative the right wing grift is. Because, goddamn. Everyone already says being a bigot with a microphone is easy money, but nobody thought it was “Companies can just throw $50 million contracts around NBD” or “Independent Reich-wingers can just look at $50 million and say ‘Too low!’” levels of easy money.
Posted Report
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@Dustcan
The Fair Tax is supposed to give monthly rebates to everyone based on the federal standard of living so those at or below the poverty level shouldn’t pay net taxes. The real problem is that tax write-offs aren’t just used by weasel billionaires. Plenty of families rely on tax write-offs and that’s probably not going to get addressed. Well at least rich rich people would still pay taxes on their lobsters even if they claim 0 income I guess.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Violet Rose in The Rain
Seemed pretty clear they’re agreeing with you… phones have become an essential part of current day life (can’t even have a bank account without one), so if anyone ever wanted to improve anything, they’d need a phone (ie. “be part of society”).
Posted Report
Latecomer

@Violet Rose in The Rain
….eeeeehhhh… I suppose “better safe than sorry” trumps the Principle of Charity… and the non-murderous ones are still useful idiots and/or various flavours of oppressive.
@Violet Rose in The Rain
To connect with another recent topic - does the fact that people have been murdered by Muslims over pictures of Mohammed prove that Muslims, or even religious ones, want to wipe out all “blasphemers” or “unbelievers”?
Survivors have the right to be afraid, yes. But that doesn’t make their fears a reliable guide to truth.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Oklahoma is apparently defining “drag” as any “male or female person who adopts a flamboyant or feminine persona with glamorous or exaggerated costumes or makeup” and bans it.
So…
No Elton John.
No Dee Snider
And because it explicitly says male or female
No Dolly Parton
In fact, most of glam rock, and a large number of famous artists from pop, soft rock, metal, alt, and soul would all be out according to this law.
Posted Report
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Latecomer
I think the murders of drawings over Muhammed means different things in different contexts
In a society where Muslims are a literal/political minority, it doesn’t mean that all Muslims are extremists but it could indicate that there is an extremism problem within the community if there are multiple incidents of that happening. I say could because there are always wackos in every community, nothing you can really do about that so it’s not guaranteed that it means there’s an extremism problem
In a society where Muslims are a literal/political majority, it could also be an expression of oppression against other faiths such as Christianity, Hinduism or even atheism, although I’ve never seen any cases of drawing Muhammed in these countries, it’s mostly accusing other faiths of insulting the Quran, attacking Muslims or just that they don’t like their continued existence. Sometimes, these attacks are also used against other branches of Islam(don’t look up how Pakistan treats the Ahmadi community)
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Dee Snider has been banned before. I can’t wait to see how that goes for the state of Oklahoma.
Also, bye-bye basically every big hair band
The Oklahoma Cheerleaders are in for a nasty letter, also, I’m sure …
Their Drag shows are broadcast the the whole world! Imagine the fines they’ll endure.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
There’s some absolute chucklefucks on Twitter that are angry about Pink Floyd’s logo for the 50th anniversary of The Dark Side of the Moon.
The 0 in 50 has a rainbow in it and people are screaming about PF going “woke”.
Who here can see the absolute stupidy?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide