Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It now appears that Smartmatic is filing another defamation lawsuit, this one to the tune of $2.7 billion.
Fox News is unlikely to win the Dominion lawsuit, but they just might be able to eat the $1.6 billion fine. But if they do then it’s practically guaranteed Smartmatic will win their lawsuit on the same charge. Fox News might not be able to eat over $4 billion in fines, especially as this potentially opens the floodgates for even more defamation lawsuits.
Posted Report
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan
I’m pretty sure that if the elites really were hunting people for sport, Scalia would have been among the hunters, not the hunted. Unless they hunt each other and Scalia drew the short straw that week.
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain

I thought I was taking steps to improve my mental health by finding new hobbies but this morning proved to me how much Saudi Arabians can get away with when they supply oil to America.
C.W: Suicide.
Originally from Saudi Arabia, Eden was trafficked out of the United States. Forced to detransition, she was brought back to Saudi Arabia and given no future where she could be herself. Her final message reveals what so many transgender people and those who care about us have said for so long: for many of us, forced detransition can be a fate worse than death. It is with hope that what I tell you here will cause change and that she will be remembered in her passing.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
CPI data fell right within expected parameters.
Inflation rose .4% over the month, 6% over year, in line with expectations and lower than last months .5% and 6.4% respectively. Core inflation rose .5, again in line with expectations.
Between this and the banking collapses, it would be utterly stupid for the fed to go through with a rate hike right now. Markets and banks need to assess financial risk from the previous rate hikes and any unrealized losses they are currently carrying.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The fed reserve is technically outside of congressional and executive control. In theory this makes it apolitical, in practice it makes it unaccountable and detached from realities on the ground.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0ED2
Did you know child marriage is legal in 43 states?
The next time Republicans claim to want to “protect the children”, Democrats should point this out, and say that they’re going to ban child marriage.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
A Russian jet has damaged and forced down a US reaper drone over the black sea.
That’s, not particularly good.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
@Zincy
A drone with no one inside that they crapped on before downing because the moron pilots had nothing better to do?

California governor Gavin Newsom had connections with Silicon Valley Bank for years; not only does he have personal accounts with the failed bank, but several of his wineries (he still owns them while still in office?) were clients.
Not only that, but his wife’s charity has an SVB executive as a board member.
How much did he know?

Former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke is seriously considering a run for Wisconsin’s Senate seat as a Republican. If this happens, Tammy Baldwin will absolutely win another six years (look up David’s record if you want a scare).
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@SleepySteve
Of course he still owns wineries in California. Probably in Napa Valley, but there is nothing in the state rules that says that he could still own wineries in California as govenor of the state.
But he didn’t know how bad the bank would do judging by the internet standards that is very little.
Posted Report
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy
My guess is we’ll see another 25bp bump. 6% is still well above their target, and the fallout from SVB has been contained (for now…). The fact that they were able to slam the brakes in 2022 without utterly breaking the economy has to embolden a hawk like Powell.
Posted Report
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Russian aircraft down a US Reaper drone
They intercepted it in international airspace over the Black Sea, and during it one of the Flankers collided with it, sending it down.
Whether or not it was an accident remains to be seen (given Putler’s mental condition I wouldn’t put it past them to collide with it in a way they can say “oops it was an accident”).
Posted Report
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Imagine using an actual soldier and fighter jet to :accidentally’ clip one of our remote control toys.
Russia is in the stone age if they think damaging an unmanned drone is going to hurt America’s ego.
If I was Russian I’d just turn myself in for treason to America. Lmao
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
@Beth
I find it funny that the media and military freaked out over the Russian Federation being pussies as has been the norm for decades, as if a fucking drone had the same value as a human soldier (which we do not have in Ukraine, and as long as Biden has his way, we never will).
The average American would just look at the story and think, “Meh, Russian soldiers being Russian soldiers” and just move on.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@SleepySteve
It’s because Putin created an image of Russians being powerful, manly men (memes I remember back in middle school when I still used Meme Center). This invasion disillusioned many and caused many others to try to be Russia’s PR team because it made them question things like what “manly” is due to the strong association.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Hey, remember when Silbasa used to shit-talk America’s army by saying it was too soft by having so many women and that we can only rely on manly strength once, “technology goes dark”?
Ha.
Honestly, just cut off Saudi Arabia and switch to renewables and nuclear at this point.
I don’t understand why America’s government was so gung-ho about killing Native Americans and enslaving black people for resources but then decided to be very delicate with a bunch of medieval Wahhabis in 1933.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Russian aircraft down a US Reaper drone
They intercepted it in international airspace over the Black Sea, and during it one of the Flankers collided with it, sending it down.
How? Did Russia run out of missiles too, and now they’re resorting to using their jets as battering rams?
@SleepySteve
It’s because Putin created an image of Russians being powerful, manly men (memes I remember back in middle school when I still used Meme Center). This invasion disillusioned many and caused many others to try to be Russia’s PR team because it made them question things like what “manly” is due to the strong association.
In hindsight, we probably should’ve paid more attention to all those shirtless Putin memes. Turns out that not wearing clothes in Russia might’ve been a tipoff that he isn’t the brightest bulb in the box.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide