Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Turns out Disney actually spent days trying to get a hold of DeSantis to notify him of their impending plans to humiliate him, as part of normal legal proceedings to give him time to contest their intentions.
DeSantis couldn’t be reached, as the Florida governor was spending too much time not governing Florida and instead was on a national book tour advertising his book.
The same book that basically has an entire chapter dedicated to him saying “I beat Disney.”
Posted Report
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Yet you brought it up again at the first opportunity it was remotely tangential.
Look, I have probably the most unpopular opinion on the internet on this subject, which is why I’ve kept quiet about it for so long. People who air it run the risk of getting dogpiled, mass-downvoted, even potentially doxxed. But I’m sick of this shitshow getting dug up every few months so here it is: Depp v Heard was one of the biggest and most successful cases of DARVO (deny, accuse, reverse victim and offender) the world has ever seen, and it’s set back women’s rights by well over a decade.
Let this post and this link be my only contribution on the matter: https://medium.com/@deeni/depp-v-heard-unpacking-what-we-think-we-know-about-abusive-relationships-d249b62a83b2 This essay has receipts and lays out the long-standing consensus on the dynamics of domestic abuse for both male AND female victims.
Now for my take: This was no populist victory for “truth” or independent journalism. It was not justice or vindication for male victims of domestic violence (who absolutely do exist, I am not disputing that). This was a public lynching that ended a woman’s career, has almost completely reversed the societal gains of MeToo, and re-normalized public consensus that “there’s a false accusation epidemic.” And most of the people in this thread cheered it all on.
Anyone who glances at the above and decides to disregard it as just more proof of “The Conspiracy,” I only ask you consider the following six points, and ask yourself about them:
  1. Johnny went venue shopping for a place to sue Amber, and landed on Virginia - which has a reputation for very weak legislation against SLAPPs (strategic lawsuits against public participation).
  2. His defamation suit targeted Amber and Amber only, for saying in an article (without naming her alleged abuser) that she was an abuse survivor. He did NOT sue the Washington Post - who published the article, or the ACLU - who was a coauthor of the article.
  3. A large portion of the hashtags, discourse, and social media posts about the case were made by a bot network paid for by Depp’s legal team. The camera crew for the case was there on his dime, and he had full control over what the audience saw during the proceedings. Most of the online discourse vanished upon the jury’s decision to award damages to Depp.
(Speaking of which, the jury of the trial - which was not sequestered - was exposed to all of the discourse and his crowds of cheering fans outside the courtroom on a daily basis. One jury member even had his wife text him about what a psychotic bitch Amber Heard is.)
  1. Johnny Depp is an outspoken defender of convicted serial rapist/abuser Harvey Weinstein, and convicted child rapist Roman Polanski. In both cases he claimed they were victims of scheming gold-diggers. Moreover, he has characterized MeToo as an elaborate plot by scheming women to destroy famous men’s lives for fame, clout, attention, or their own amusement. (As an additional note, in the aftermath of the trial, Polanski has set about looking into getting his conviction overturned so he can return from exile.)
  2. All of the traditional power dynamics in a relationship (age, total wealth, career placement, experience, network size) were in Johnny Depp’s favor, something people who study domestic violence cases pay close attention to.
  3. In a settlement at the start of this year, Johnny apparently nullified the stated purpose of his own lawsuit (that her co-writing an article in which she said she was abused was defamatory and hurt his career) with a stipulation that she can tell anyone she wants that she was abused.
There. That’s all I have to say about this matter, and I will not be bringing it up or talking about it here again.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@BlitztheDragon
I bring it up because it’s a great example on why we need to watch high profile cases instead of just blindly trusting the media that has shown to happily lie to keep their narratives alive (with Depp vs Heard, it was that abuse victims are always women and abusers always men).
And a woman being shown as a liar by her own evidence and has a history of abusing others isn’t a hit to women’s rights (unless you believe the “all women are innocent” BS or think that Amber is the all women). If anything, it improves victim rights since it reminded the world that yes, men can be abuse victims and be abused by women.
Posted Report
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
The latest dribble from Gab’s owner:
Christians Must Learn To Hate Again
By: Andrew Torba
As Christians we are called to stand firm in our faith even in the midst of turmoil and chaos of the world around us. Recent news of the horrific massacre of six Christians including three young children in Nashville, the news of President Trump’s sham indictment, and the conviction of Douglas Mackey may be discouraging and disheartening, but in these moments we must remember that our hope and our strength come from a higher power.
This week was a difficult week for me both as a Christian and as a father of young children. I looked everywhere for a response from so-called “Christian leaders” and at best I found silence while at worst I found those supporting the “trans community” instead of our own brothers and sisters in Christ.
Christians are called to respond to tragedy with compassion, empathy, and love, but what happens when that tragedy is being celebrated by the mainstream media, the culture, our own government, and perhaps even some of our churches, friends, and family?
When trans flags are being risen at schools, organizations, businesses, and even government buildings across our nation just days after a member of that community carried out a horrific injustice against a Christian community—ending the lives of six of our brothers and sisters in Christ—how are we to respond?
As my good friend Pastor Andrew Isker wrote this week, being winsome and nice won’t cut it anymore.
Cowardly Christian “leaders” may be silent on these issues, but God’s Word is not–and I refuse to be. The first thing we must remember is that our hope and strength come from God. We must turn to Him in prayer and seek His guidance as we navigate these difficult situations.
As the Bible says in Philippians 4:6-7, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
In addition to prayer we must also remember the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:44, “But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” Even when the media, businesses, schools, and the government seem to be celebrating a senseless tragedy, we must respond with love and compassion, not hatred or anger.
We must also take action to address the injustice that is being celebrated by the wicked. This may mean speaking out against the mainstream narrative, supporting organizations that are working to bring about change, or even taking part in peaceful protests or demonstrations. When we do these things it’s crucial that our actions are rooted in love and compassion, not in anger or violence. We must be bold and share the Gospel, speak the Truth, and let go of our fear.
We must remember that we are not alone in our struggle. This is what our enemies want us to desperately believe: that we have no one standing up on behalf of the victims and on behalf of God’s Word. Nothing could be further from the truth. As members of the body of Christ we are part of a larger community of believers who can support and encourage us. By staying connected to other believers, we can find strength and hope in times of struggle and persecution. I encourage you to do so not only in your local Church and community, but also with believers around the world on Gab and other online platforms. We need each other now more than ever.
Reject the Blackpill
It’s very easy to feel demoralized and blackpilled when we see the evil in the world around us. But as followers of Christ, we must hold fast to the truth that Christ is King. He has overcome the world, and in Him, we can find hope and strength to face whatever comes our way. Christians are commanded to love our neighbors as ourselves, to forgive those who wrong us, and to turn the other cheek. However, we are also called to hate evil with a righteous hatred while not giving in to despair or hopelessness.
The Bible tells us in Psalm 97:10, “Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.” But what does it mean to hate evil? Does it mean that we should hate the people who commit evil acts? Absolutely not. As Christians, we are called to love all people, even those who do wrong. When we are commanded to hate evil we are being called to hate the things that are contrary to God’s will and God’s character. We are called to hate sin and all that it represents – destruction, death, and separation from God.
We Are Commanded To Hate Evil
Many people in our culture, and even some Christian leaders, promote a hippie version of love that emphasizes tolerance and acceptance at all costs. They believe that love means accepting everyone and everything, no matter how evil or wicked it may be. However, this view is not biblical, and it does not reflect the true nature of God. The fear of the Lord is a healthy respect and reverence for God, and it leads us to hate what He hates.
God is often portrayed in our culture as being fully focused on love and grace, but the Bible teaches us that there are indeed things that God hates. While this might be a difficult concept for some to grasp, it is important to understand that God’s hatred is not arbitrary or capricious. His hatred is based on His perfect nature and His desire for us to live according to His will.
While God loves us unconditionally, He hates the sin that separates us from Him. Sin is anything that goes against God’s will, and it is something that we should strive to avoid. When we sin, we are rebelling against God and His plan for our lives. As Christians, we should strive to avoid the things that God hates and to live lives that are pleasing to Him. We should seek to love what God loves and hate what God hates, and in doing so, we will be living in obedience to His will.
Proverbs 8:13 – “To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.”
Romans 12:9 – “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.”
Psalm 101:3 – “I will not look with approval on anything that is vile. I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it.”
Amos 5:15 – “Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph.”
Proverbs 13:5 – “The righteous hate what is false, but the wicked make themselves a stench and bring shame on themselves.”
Psalm 119:104 – “I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path.”
When we hate evil we are not allowing it to have a foothold in our lives. We are not tolerating it or excusing it, but instead, we are actively fighting against it. We are standing up for what is right and what is just, even when it is difficult. When we hate evil we are acknowledging the reality of the brokenness of our world. We recognize that sin and evil do exist and that they cause pain and suffering.
But we also know that God has overcome sin and evil through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We should look to the example of Jesus Himself, who drove out the money changers from the temple with a whip (John 2:15). He did not tolerate their wickedness and corruption but took action to remove it from the house of God.
By hating evil, we are living out our faith in a tangible way. We are demonstrating our commitment to God’s values and His character. We are standing up for justice, compassion, and righteousness in a world that is often marked by selfishness, greed, and violence.
Now is the time for Christians to not only start hating evil again, but actively waging spiritual warfare against it.
We need to focus on building up our communities, praying for one another, and growing together in faith. We must not let the news of the day distract us from the work that God has called us to do. We are called to be a light in the darkness, to love our neighbors as ourselves, and to spread the good news of the gospel to all nations. That is our mission and we must not take our eyes off the prize of eternal glory with our King.
Ultimately we can take comfort in the fact that we can and will overcome because Christ has already overcome. As the Bible says in 1 John 4:4, “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” No matter what happens in the world around us, we can have confidence that God is with us, and that He will see us through to victory.
Let us not be demoralized or blackpilled by the news of the day. Instead let us focus on Christ and His Kingdom, and let us continue to build, pray, and grow in our faith together.
By the grace of God, the power of the Holy Spirit, and the Victory of Jesus Christ our King we too shall overcome and see victory.
God bless you. Keep the faith.
So yeah. He’s telling followers to not only start hating, but wage war against “the forces of evil”. And considering how loony some of his followers are, it’s going to be more than “in spirit”. They better start beefing up security at drag shows and the like.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
I remember seeing this meme from an Eastern European Twitter account bragging about “European Values Over Communist Barbarism” (I think that’s what it read) with a NATO flag in the background. I responded with a montage of crimes committed by “European” civilizations (Circassian genocide, pogroms of the Russian Empire, the Holocaust, Crusades, Inquisition, amputation of Africans by German colonizers, Germans placing foster children with pedophiles, literally everything England has done, and so on) and got QRT’d with responses like “based” and “you say like these were bad things”.
Kinda worried these people secretly want Trump back, especially since their definition of “NATO/European values” differs wildly from what their Western liberal counterparts view (for one we would let Syrian refugees in; Eastern Europeans would just shoot them).
Background Pony #1F81
@lonewolf
The Bible: “Jesus says to spread kindness and love everyone, not spread hate”
This dude: “Christians need to learn to hate again”
More and more, im convinced that these “Good Christian folk” haven’t even read the bible they keep humping
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@SleepySteve
You need to read the bible before you try quoting it. He was overthrowing the tables because they were trying to turn a place of worship into a mini-market place to line their pockets. And the “greedy jew” thing was because people interpreted the bible meaning that Christians couldn’t be bankers and lend/borrow money, which is where they had people of the judaism faith run them instead (and created the stereotype because assholes need to feel superior no matter what).
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Zaknel
Sounds like the former were said by people who declared guilty without seeing the evidence.
@MethidMan
It’s the “those not with us are against us” mentality. I read it in the bible, but due to how it conflicts with what came before and after it, I think it might have been added in a translation.
Posted Report
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

It sickens me that fascists are using the Nashville shooting to justify bigotry against a minority group. It’s transparent. You don’t see this when it’s Christians shooting up a mosque or a synagogue because people know that it’s not the fault of Christians. It’s not the fault of the Trans community that this mass shooting happened and yet these fascists make it seem like Trans people are planning a massacre, that Nashville is just the beginning.
Posted Report
dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

the more things change, the more they stay the same here huh?
@neutralgrey
I did see evidence that christian school was covering up child molestation, I don’t think Aiden Hale was even on Testosterone anyway (which keeps being blamed for any of this), the media narrative is full of lies and hearsay, they’re too cowardly to release the suicide note/manifesto too.
It’s profoundly fucked up this is all happening, trans people cannot suffer a tragedy or any one of us doing anything wrong without largely trans women in particular, being hurt because of it, I and my friends have had horrible mental health lately.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
So Twitter has banned pro-LGBT terminology, and yet people in the thread that reported this are just saying it’s great that you can impersonate companies again.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1F81
@Wiimeiser
LGBT posts aren’t banned from Twitter
you can still post about LGBt things, but the algorithm won’t make as visible as other posts
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide