Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #EABD
I am paranoid. We won’t go into war right? Iran won’t attack us right? Will it be safe to travel across the US? Will it be safe to fly a plane and go on a cruise ship in July?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #FBC1

We probably will go to some state of war. Iran lacks the ability to attack our mainland. Attacking a multinational cruise ship would like lead to the country that perpetrated the attack being wiped off the map.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #FBC1  
US has been at war for 19 years. They well. Yes. As long as you don’t plan to fly or cruise around the middle east, yes.

That said, while Trump has repeatedly publicly promised to slaughter innocent civilians and destroy cultural sites, Iran has promised to attack only military targets.
Background Pony #EABD
@Zincy So am safe? I am not going on a  
multinational cruise ship . I going on a cruise to Alaska in July.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #FBC1
US has been at war for 19 years. They well. Yes. As long as you don’t plan to fly or cruise around the middle east, yes.
That said, while Trump has repeatedly publicly promised to slaughter innocent civilians and destroy cultural sites, Iran has promised to attack only military targets.

That’s the funny (re:not funny) part: we haven’t gone to “war” since like the 40s or so. “War” requires a bunch of hoops to jump through, a bunch of congressional oversight and committee, etc. So we just don’t declare “War”. But that doesn’t mean we aren’t still doing war-like conflicts.

I’m not joking. We never go more than 5 years or so without getting into/starting a conflict, but all the while we are saying ‘“War” is such a strong word…’

Oh and in other news, despite Congress not knowing about Trump’s assassination of Suleimani guests at Mar-A-Lago did.

So yeah. Not only are paid guests at Trump properties once again being privvy to national security secrets (that Congress doesn’t know about), and not only is this another example of Pay-To-Play with Trump policies, but we’re this close to an Iranian War-Is-Such-A-Strong-Word if not WW3 over the equivalent of a drunken phrat boy dare.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@Dustcan

The circumstances and political landscape of the Cold War did a lot to alter how the US approaches armed conflict in the world, and many other nations in the world. When you’re in a world where declaring out-right war on someone might make someone launch nukes and kill a significant portion of the population the means and initiative to do conflict has been shifted much more to third parties, clandestine deniable operations, or reclassification of the “war” as something else.

The Boxer War in China was the first time the US began using “Police Action” or to use something like security operations to redefine its wars to get around legal constraints. McKinley used the pretext to defend US assets in China to put troops in China to help the rest of the Great Powers out down the anti-interventionist Boxer movement, and bypass Congress to do so.

The ability for the president to do that was broadened for the War On Terror.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
I wonder why people are surprised that after decades of touting “American exceptionalism” you end up with a moron who actually believes that in office

Feels to me that Politicians and the state expected themselves to be able to control the nationalism and keep Pragmatic guys in office
Moving On
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Republican members should convert to Democrats as soon as possible to avoid being associated with Trump. Also no one better fuck up this year’s election because I will not let some cracker destroy more lives over his bullshit logic.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@JasonRatana

The Democrats are bad enough, thanks. Frankly it’d do the country some good if the GOP went the way of its predecessor and split the party, letting the half that people care about be the one to get all the power and reform and the other half just die.

In other news, Trump tells judge to dismiss the case about him raping a woman because ‘I didn’t do it. And even if I did we’re not in the state where I raped her.’
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
If I’m correct, Iran has stated that it doesn’t have an issue with the American people as a whole, just Trump himself and possibly the military.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide