Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@silbasa  
And yet there are a lot of different constitutions, bills of rights, and demoracies. I feel your definition may only be obvious to you - look how much even people in the same country can disagree over a single written constitution.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Latecomer  
Yes. And then the courts will decide if something needs to change. But the general themes are the same, freedom of the press, speech, elections, no arrest without due cause etc.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@silbasa

@silbasa

America is technically a Republic, which is a very specific form of democratic representation wherein the people actually have slightly more limited rights than, say, a direct democracy where the ‘will’ of the people is almost absolute.

So, yes, “democracy” does mean a lot of different things depending on how it is ultized, what rules the people have to follow, and the strength of the majority.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Genarally, yes - but the devil is in the details. Pretty much all free speech laws have exceptions, for instance - at what point does it go from “common sense” to “censorship”?
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Well, you can have what opinion you like, but that doesn’t make it the one true one. That’s obviously mine.

But in the field of media, isn’t what your afraid of more capitalism than communism? You can say “get woke, go broke” all you want, but the changes you decry wouldn’t be so widespread if they were’t seen as profitable.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
@silbasa  
And “democracy” nowadays is typically synonymous with “liberal democracy”–that is, one where individual liberties are generally protected. Which is understandable: an authoritarian regime that happens to enjoy popular support isn’t likely to step down peacefully if its popularity wanes.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
They are not profitable. The companies have been fooled by market analysts and they dont want the bad PR from beeing swarmed by PC people on social media so they put out messages on social media that appeases the PC crowd. Its a survival strategy. Some like Gillette took it to far and got burned. Starwars/Star Trek as well.

@Background Human  
Yup. And if Trump loses he will step down if thats where you are going. He may challenge it in the supreme court but thats as far as it goes.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
If you say so. But, you know, there was a day where Star Trek at least didn’t need a profit motive to be progressive. Sometimes people use fiction to present the world as they wish it was, or the pains of the world as it is. We learn so much about the world and life from it, after all.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Human  
Thats were you might be very wrong. Half of the country voted him in. And I see many americans still beeing hardcore Trump fans everday in the media. Lots of engagement.

@Kiryu-Chan  
Yes but look at what happened to the Star Wars movie that came after it, the first to ever lose money.
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Kiryu-Chan

@silbasa  
Most people realized that Disney have ditched the characters that felt natural like Animated Mulan for superficial Mary/Gary Stu due to fact most of the writer, artist, director, actors and executive have superficial view of people outside of the upper class. This view can also result in the use of stereotypes and that result in a “How do you do fellow kids” moments.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
It was actually a little better. TLJ on the other hand, thats a franchise killer.

@Vivace  
Remember this has all happened before. Yes he might lose. But he might also win.

@phoenixacezero  
They wanted to kill off the original cast and replace them with their new characters. Problem was that their new SW characters sucked and everbody wanted the old ones instead, so they made them “complex” and sucky too. And from there it all just fell apart…
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
“The best people”.

Three of Trump’s former campaign managers are all under arrest for various levels of corruption and general incompetence.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide