Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Double post.

For the first time Doug Jones is up over his opponent…by 1 point.

Jones is still expected to lose his Senate seat. This is Alabama after all, a state that when asked to choose between a pedophile and a Democrat they choose to flip a coin. But it really doesn’t project well for Republicans when even a guaranteed win like Alabama is still getting contested.
Background Pony #9EB2
Kiryu-Chan”:/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4953926#post_4953926

It really doesn’t. It says how we as a people need to trust each other to validate information more then we should be trusting these companies to filter the information for us. If Twitter wants to ban anything anti-Biden they should be allowed to (not saying they do, but just giving an extreme example). The rulea are currently poorly enforced and some people are ok with it.

@Dustcan  
It’s dumb when he says it to.
Background Pony #1324
People say foreign languages shouldn’t be a required class in schools, and wonder why our kids can’t compete in the global job market.
Latecomer

@tehwatever  
What’s the point in making English the World Language if we still have to learn others? (And the extra few hours of class time saved will put us educationally ahead of all other lands! Wait, why isn’t it working…?)
Background Pony #9EB2
Foreign language should be an elective, not required. Most Americans will never use it and end up forgetting it.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #9EB2  
not when their friends and most of the world are increasingly bilingual.

Besides It’s FINE to forget a language, but that doesnt mean it’s hours wasted. Not at all.

Learning a new language opens up new thought processes and new ways to articulate ideas. It promotes problem solving and critical thinking. Those things stick, even if you forget the language later.

It should be required. Doesn’t matter if they never use it. If you dont want them learning a new language then at least make local accents and variations a requirement.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #9EB2  
o__o

Seriously? You’re posting that on a European site, which allows people to post in any language that they feel most comfortable?

I think you’re looking for the Stupid Stuff forum.

PS: Excuse me while I check to see if you’re one of those people stalking non-English speakers on the site … Ok, you’re not. Thank you. But, seriously, if you’re sincere, then … that’s not really a political thing. It’s more of a “I don’t like vegetables and people shouldn’t be expected to eat them” kind of thing.
Background Pony #9EB2
@tehwatever  
I wouldn’t say wasted, learning a foreign language is a good thing. Learning to program is a good thing, learning to sew is a good thing. I don’t think a foreign language is so important that it needs to be a required class in school.

I believe it should be an elective for those interested and if replaced my preference would be for a home ec class, too many kids graduate without knowing how to manage their lives in a more basic way and find themselves lost in the subject of “adulting”.

@Derpy Whooves  
Yet they post in english. Understand I am not saying learning foreign languages is stupid. It can be a great thing to do, but I don’t believe enough students will gain enough from it to make it worthwhile.

@Penguin Dragneel  
How so?
Background Pony #9EB2
@Derpy Whooves  
Policy often is opinion, so far the only person I have seen posing an argument for why the policy ahould be mandatory is from tehwhatever.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide