Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #9EB2
@Derpy Whooves  
Alright, I will point out it isn’t a personal vent, the topic had been brought up earlier by another BG pony and I was just giving my opinion on the subject, like others were, but if the discussion of what is taught in school is not political I will not discuss it here.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@WatermelonRat  
Well, allowing people access to the health care that their own doctor recommends to them is somehow a ‘hotly debated political issue’ in the US, as is something as simple as whether the earth is round or not, so … I guess I’m not surprised.

But with all that’s going on with the elections in Egypt, Niger, U.S.A., Algeria, Moldova and OH MY GOD BREXIT AGAIN, trying to keep this thread for political debates that are about politics-politics might be better.

At least, someone posting that they don’t like schools requiring foreign languages for graduation isn’t something that we would probably ask someone to not talk about in the Vent thread.

But if someone starts talking about how much they hate liberals for requiring foreign languages for graduation, then that would be a whole different ballpark.

Does that make sense? At least, as much as ‘everything is politics’ can make sense?
Background Pony #3364
@Derpy Whooves  
No, not really. In general, no one should ever be forced by law to learn any language within the country that they were born in and/or grew up in that is either not the dominant/defacto/“official” language of said country that they were born in and/or grew up in, or their own non-majority native language that they were born and raised with, and grew up with, within that same said country in where again, they were born in and/or grew up in, or both.

With those conditions in mind, and with a few possible exceptions—those of which are almost ENTIRELY based on personal career choices/decisions and are completely career-based, depending on the job/career, and the remaining exception(s) being if it’s a non-public school requirement—learning different languages should always be optional, not required.
Background Pony #615E
I know I’m a bit late, but… how the hell does that “Nazi” troll keep slipping through the cracks?
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #617D  
Looking at his profile he appears to have been banned (if at all) in the middle of an upvote session three weeks ago, a few days after three of his five most recent forum posts were deleted. His most recent work was of Aryanne but I don’t know if there’s a connection there…
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
So… A teacher in France got beheaded by a Muslim teen for showing a video in class.

Anyone wants to talk about that?
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@Scrabbleman  
That’s certainly something.

What’s also something is how Thailand’s monarchy will imprison those who say anything that could even possibly be considered as an insult towards the King or his family.

BLOODY HELL, THIS POST ALONE COULD GET ME IN DEEP TROUBLE IF I EVER STEPPED FOOT IN THAT COUNTRY!
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@CaptainXtra  
Well, if there aren’t any countries that you don’t dare travel too because of warrants for your immediate arrest, can you truly be said to be living in a manner that’s true to your heart?
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Scrabbleman  
What’s there to talk about? The suspect is dead. The victim is being mourned. Ten people have been arrested, and it looks like they have prior ties to terrorism. (The father who first complained about the teacher? His half-sister joined ISIS in 2014.)

I mean, yes, it sucks and it’s tragic and all that, but it’s not some new horrible thing. It’s a known risk.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide