Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #8F42
@silbasa  
It is true that the best solution is development. So far the best way to do that is globalism, it is allowing free trade and investment in these nations. Their is something to work with their, resources and if not that, labor.
Background Pony #39BF
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
This is literally the most revealing, delusional, and all-around unhinged post I’ve ever seen made by you on this website.

You are not well in the head. Seek help.
Background Pony #39BF
@Ereiam  
Without excessive emissions from China and India, the whole climate change situation would not be nearly as bad as it is, now.

And to act as if the United States is, and has always been, chiefly responsible for the overall climate change situation that we are in now—more than any other country on the planet—is nothing but absolutely unmitigated bullshit.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #39BF  
What’s “nothing but absolutely unmitigated bullshit” is ignoring that the US carbon emissions may be half of China’s, but they only have a fourth of the population, meaning that the carbon footprint of the average American is still twice a Chinese’s (and let’s not talk about India when their own carbon emissions are half of the US’s, making an Indian’s carbon footprint a whooping eighth of an American’s).

@NeonThriller  
Even they can’t reverse the results. Let it go already.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@Background Pony #39BF
What’s absolute unmitigated bullshit is ignoring that the US carbon emissions may be half of China’s, but they only have a fourth of the population, meaning that the carbon footprint of the average American is still twice a Chinese’s (and let’s not talk about India when their own carbon emissions are half of the US’s, making an Indian’s carbon footprint a whooping eighth of an American’s).

I feel like one would also need to add the distinction of class on this too. Because while the “average American” pollutes far more than the average Chinese or Indian, not all Americans pollute equally and much of the pollution comes from corporate executive types. It’s the rich Americans really holding the gas pedal down to roll coal over America.

Of course also if the US had a robust public transportation system to take cars off the road into far more efficient train and tram options that would help enormously and also help kill highway congestion for those who would have to drive still. But at our current condition we have to fight just to put the first brick down in a whole new public transit option and the people who plan this sort of thing are never members of the class who would use it.
Background Pony #6E0C
@AaronMk  
Because the usa wasted have or more money in the military and stupid wars in other countries we should give a crap about money we should use to fix our system
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #39BF

I am.

Surprise surprise, you can be a liberal and think differently from other liberals. I know that’s a hard concept for a partisan to understand, but it’s true.

I’m also a capitalist and work in corporate consulting. But I also support sustainability, green energy, unions, and fair pay.

You can be nuanced. You don’t have to be easy to label.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
A man who donated $2.5m to help Donald Trump’s crusade to overturn the elections is asking for his money back.
Fred Eshelman, the donor, is suing Houston-based “True the Vote Inc” for what he claims are “empty promises,” Bloomberg reported.
True The Vote claimed it had a multi-part plan to “investigate, litigate and expose suspected illegal balloting and fraud in the 2020 general election,” the lawsuit said.
The group claimed it also collected whistle blower complaints, supported GOP legislative fights in swing states and conducted “sophisticated data modeling and statistical analysis to identify potential illegal or fraudulent balloting.”
In the weeks after the election, True the Vote filed four lawsuits, but dropped them all last week.
“While we stand by the voters’ testimony that was brought forth, barriers to advancing our arguments, coupled with constraints on time, made it necessary for us to pursue a different path,” the group wrote on its website on 17 Nov.
Mr Eshelman supported the group under the pretense that they would find evidence of voter fraud. However, as their lawsuits failed - as have almost all of the lawsuits filed by supporters of Mr Trump in attempts to overturn the election - Mr Eshelman has decided he wants a refund.
He claimed that he “regularly and repeatedly” asked True the Vote Inc for updates on their initiatives, but was given “vague responses, platitudes, and empty promises.”
According to Mr Eshelman, True the Vote offered to give him $1m to drop his lawsuit.
True the Vote has not responded to press requests for contact.
The Trump campaign has yet to produce convincing evidence of widespread voter fraud having any notable impact on the election. Of at least 38 lawsuits filed by the Trump campaign, 26 have failed to gain traction in the courts

Reminder that the Trump family has been barred from charities for using those charities as their own personal piggy banks.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Commune  
So it comes from academia you think? All this redefining and progressive cancer we are currently seeing? (The crazy sjw shit, not common sense, although that will differ depending on who one is ofc.)

@Background Pony #8F42  
So far, I am not impressed with the results. It has worked in parts of the world but other areas have seen very little development in the last 100 years or so. Africa in particular. I still think it would be better for these countries to build their own economy first, protected from outside competition, like the US did in Japan after WW2 for instance before they get thrown out into the global market and just end up becoming resource exporters. And these parts of the world need help in some fashion, ending the endemic warfare. The west probably cannot do this with its history of colonization etc. And I can’t see anyone else willing to take the massive cost that would be either. And if their population continues to increase at the rate it does, in a while the world will be in deep dogshite. I hope that we in the west soon can move to more environmentally sound technology, but it matters little if it’s all eaten up by the demographic time bomb that parts of the third world is. And when that wave of people comes knocking, here ends up becoming there. That’s why I have an anti immigtation stance. I am pro asylum, but when the war/disaster ends refugees should go home. Sadly that is not the case much of the time. Long rant, so I end this here for now.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Because the usa wasted have or more money in the military and stupid wars in other countries we should give a crap about money we should use to fix our system

A correct assessment but you’re not really doing anything constructive with it. Because yes, the MIC is a pain in the ass and it exists and it uses up a lot of resources better spent elsewhere. But what are we going to do about it?

You could take it a step further besides the plain-jane MIC complaint to ask about what other issues are keeping us from moving ahead. Just how far gone is the US from ever having a social democracy again?
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
My Maternal Great GrandFather is arguably the most old fashioned grump you’ll ever see as he seriously looked like he hasn’t gotten out of the 1960’s with how he dresses and is patriarchal as fuck.

Not sure if he’s still alive since I’ve never heard or seen him in over a decade but man, he would’ve certainly voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@NeonThriller

Cause we’re not anymore.

NOVA alone has pulled the state blue, but then you have the beach area, the Norfolk area, Roanoke, Radford, and apparently now dang Montgomery county that are all very blue.

The “red” parts of our start barely represent 1/4 of our population.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@silbasa  
These people are literally irrelevant, you are scared over a group of people who have no influences over anything other than twitter hashtags

Plus their ideas are just standard petit bourgeois nonsense
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@NeonThriller

Virginia has changed massively over my lifetime. For a variety of reasons.

I remember a few years back when some of the more wacko conservatives here were accusing Virginia of “bussing in” minority and liberal voters like it was some big conspiracy.

Fact of the matter of we have a lot of jobs in NOVA, some of the best colleges and universities in the world, fairly low taxes, and lots of land. So, a lot of young folk, minority folk, and folk from the cities moved down here over the years.
NeonThriller

One has to wonder, How did Georgia and Arizona, Two states that we’re solid Republican for two decades flip while Famous swing states like Ohio and Iowa are basically gone for the Democrats?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide