Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The military has been deployed to defend the Capitol building as the vote happens.

Just in case you need to remember why this vote is happening in the first place.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

Proper military or the Nat Guard?

Not to disparage the national guard mind you, but there is a pretty vast difference in circumstances depending on which was deployed.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Zincy

I’unno. They’re wearing camo fatigues.

full

And there’s a lot of ‘em. Because that’s the world we live in now.

Hey MAGA! Feel like trying to “Stop the Steal” right now? I’m seeing a lot of M4s in there…
vit
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The End wasn't The End - For those that found a new home

@Egil  
Only one investigation by Mueller was needed and led to indictments and guilty pleas and convictions of many of Trump’s people for soliciting foreign aid.  
And then Trump pardoned those people.  
Fuck your false equivalence.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #613E

The National Guard is divided by the armed divisions not counting the Marine corps.

Judging by the pictures I’d say they’re Army National Guard. The guards will wear the unis of their division, so they’d have army garb with NG insignia.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sometimes it’s hard to see the difference between democrats and republicans. They are both mean as f***…

They voted to impeach. What a pointless exercise this all is. Trump is gone in 6 days no matter what. And in 2024 he is 78 years old…

More boogaloo incoming.
Background Pony #675E
@vit  
A pathetic, irrelevant neoliberal bitchfest is still a pathetic, irrelevant neoliberal bitchfest, regardless.

Cope.
Egil
Non-Fungible Trixie -

screaming forever
@vit  
And then when Biden’s team gets busted for the same shit I expect you to hold them to the same standards. But I won’t be holding my breath.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Zincy  
Fatwa is a non-binding religious ruling issued by a recognized and certified religious authority.

Basically: It’s the religious authority’s well-informed and well-researched opinion.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Trump is now the only person in US president history to be impeached twice, and in a 13 month period no less.

It’s also the most bipartisan impeachment in history, with all House Democrats and 10 Reps voting Yay. If I got my history right, Andrew Johnson had no members of his party vote to remove him in either chamber of Congress, while Clinton had at most 5 members of his party in the House to vote for his.

Sure is a lot of winning there, huh MAGA?

In related news, McTurtle is flexing what is left of his Senate Majority powers to block any trial from happening before the 19th. Even on both of their way out, Moscow Mitch is still running defense for the criminal president while at the same time hampering the incoming administration’s effort by backlogging. We’re still in a pandemic by the by.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #675E  
>Memeology101

Try better

@silbasa  
  1. They can still prosecute him after he leaves office  
  2. If convicted he will never be able to hold office again, and possibly other benefits of being a leaving president. The longer the Senate stalls the more likely it happens with a democratic senate coming in office
Background Pony #BC6D
Trump is being impeached a second time.

I don’t see how he ISN’T the worst president ever at this point.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide