Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
Larry Elder was a godsend to the Newsom campaign. California ain’t exactly a red state, and the recall rules and poll numbers shifted the story from “Newsom vs. Not Newsom” to “Newsom vs. Crazy Trumpy Radio Guy (sponsored by Relief Factor)”.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Kiryu-Chan

Newsome lost in Riverside when he was elected, but is handily winning it right now.

I think that’s pretty much that. 60% in and Newsome is winning 67.7 to 32.3.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
CNN, ABC, and the Decision Desk are calling it.

Newsome has not only survived, but seems to have absolutely wrecked.
Background Pony #F6BB
@Zincy  
What’s with Republicans and burning money away for no gain? The War on Terror and then contesting elections they loose
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
The Republicans probably would’ve won if they’d backed anyone besides Larry Elder. The guy is one of the most transparently evil pieces of human garbage of all time. Literally suggested giving reparations for slave owners and said he would’ve voted against civil rights. Republicans thought they could get away with the most transparent of their evil racist intentions just because the man spouting that shit is black, but guess what, voters actually care how the governor’s policies will effect them and people they know.
Background Pony #76E9
@SparkleDash  
Actually that’s not how the recall effort works, the voters have to answer two questions first ahould he be recalled, then who should replace him, he wasn’t recalled. Unless you’re arguing that the California voters hated Newsom but still voted for him because they were terrified by the remote possibility of Larry Elders winning. I know the Democrats have been pushing a lot of propaganda in the state but I don’t think it was that effective.

California is just a solid blue state and didn’t want him recalled. Newsom should be concerned about WHY this even went to recall, but he made it through. Recall efforts come up there all the time, but this is one of the few times it went to a vote.
Background Pony #76E9
@Kiryu-Chan  
yes, but keep in mind attempted recalls there aren’t uncommon, this time it actually made it to a vote. If Newsom actually cared about representing Californians and doing a good job of it he would take a moment to consider why.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I really want to link to an article about a law just passed here, that allows police to legally plant fake evidence on peoples’ social media accounts without a warrant, but it’s just going to get deleted by the mods anyway.
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Background Pony #76E9  
I’m pretty sure that was the gist of Newsom’s plan from the start, since not a single major Democrat ran in the Recall election. Forcing the blue Californians to choose between him or a Republican.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide