Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
Also, I find it very disappointing how everyone is using this parade incident as a reason to point fingers at each other over sources of information as to who did it and why but nobody seems to be focusing on the victims of whether they survived or how many got killed or injured. Nobody’s saying “Oh how horrible what happened to those paraders just having a good time…”
honestly that’s why I didn’t talk about it. seems like there’s nothing political about it. mayyyybe talk about how the guy is a repeat bail jumper released on bail? but that’s more of of the DA’s fault and barely has anything to do with the tragedy.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

“He was angry,” said Ivelisse Correa, of Black Lives Matter 860. “It looked like he was looking for a reason and he found one. You could tell in his face. The passenger was screaming bloody murder.”
Correa said about six people were struck by the car and four of them injured, including a man whose foot was run over and a 60-year-old woman who was struck head-on.
Police are investigating the incident but declined to offer any specifics about a possible suspect or his motives, but Correa said the incident highlights the issues involved in the Rittenhouse trial.
“This is nothing more than another example of people deputizing themselves against others to police against their own politics and views,” Correa said.
The protesters said they were allowing vehicles to pass during green lights.
Background Pony #15B5
The car didn’t “plow into the crowd.” And no one even knows what his or her politics are.
A car drives slowly through them as They’re blocking the road. The group claims they have injuries, despite declining medical assistance. One leader claimed to Fox 61 the driver intentionally wanted to hit them.
“CORRECTION: Last night, we tweeted out initial reports regarding a possible car attack in Connecticut that turned out to be false. The motive/political alignment of the driver remain unknown. None of the victims were hospitalized. We sincerely apologize for the mistake.”
The car did not “plow” into them & the woman they say is “fighting for her life” had a representative tell Fox 61 she declined medical attention.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
I’m a bit skeptical of that explanation, akin to how I’m very skeptical of that Sri Lankan guy who was shot up in Auckland was an “ISIS terrorist.” Correlation doesn’t imply causation, after all.
Eggonaught
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

We sincerely apologize for the mistake.”
Holy fuck this is deranged shit. And the people jumping to insane conclusions from nothing ignore actual evidence if they don’t like it.
Looks like they were lying about the “letting cars pass” thing too.
In other news, a San Francisco media crew were attacked by robbers… while attending the District Attorney’s press conference about all the recent looting Mass Undocumented Shopping Events. We’re getting some real Not The Onion stuff these days, huh?
Violet Rose in The Rain

Andy Ngo is propagandist.
The dude is just pretending to be a journalist. He can’t be credibly trusted to report the truth and regularly fabricates facts.
He is nothing more than a grifter trying to make a buck.
The article may have had a few details wrong and I definitely didn’t wait for the full details to come out, but I’m not about to go and trust any information from a grifter who has a history of publishing editorials from people who don’t exist.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Ngo, he is a journalist, just a phenomenally shitty one. Journalism isn’t some vaunted profession a la Jeff Newsroom and Sorkinite shitbags, thus there a good journalists (Assange, Greenwald, Hanrahan, Kelly, Schreier, Taibbi) and bad journalists (most of the contributors to Quillette, NYT, Bezos Post, etc).
A quote I see ascribed to Orwell is applicable here: “Journalism is printing something someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations.” In relation to Ngo, what exactly has he published that is revelatory? Going to a place where trouble is either because of troublesome people or troublesome events and getting attacked doesn’t exactly expand my horizons or open my eyes, for example.
All he seems to do, as aptly described by you, is shitstir.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
While the GLF was the first period of major unrest in the countryside, conflicts in the cities had begun to gain momentum as early as 1956, finally coming to a head in 1957 in one of the largest strike waves in Chinese history. Geographically, the unrest was centered in the coastal and river port cities, where longer-standing production networks preceded the state’s own industrialization and nationalization campaigns, and where the Chinese workers’ movement had been strongest.
In the new division of power, many of the port cities were sliding down the political and economic hierarchy. Cities such as Shanghai and Guangzhou were powerful in terms of population and production, but also relatively under-funded in the First Five-Year Plan. Nationalization in these cities entailed smaller amounts of investment than was offered newly industrializing zones and authorities were instead directed to consolidate numerous small-scale enterprises into large-scale, “joint-owned” state industrial complexes. The pre-existing industrial composition of these cities, founded on light industries such as textiles and consumer durables, further ensured their poor position relative to the Five-Year Plan, which emphasized heavy industry.
Workers in such joint-owned enterprises, then, not only found themselves lacking the privileges of their counterparts in state-owned heavy industry, but also saw the benefits they had wrested from factory owners over the past decade gradually stripped away. Under “joint ownership,” they increasingly lost their opportunities to participate in management, witnessing the evisceration of the democratic institutions that had been built within the enterprise as a counter-power to that of private owners. Many of these private owners, alongside the management personnel they had employed, were simply transferred to positions of authority within the new industrial structure, making the obliteration of workers’ own institutions all the more insulting. Maybe more importantly, the sheer numbers of managers, supervisors and other administrative personnel skyrocketed, composing “more than a third of total employees in Shanghai’s joint enterprises.”[89] This increase in administrative personnel was made necessary by the scale of consolidation and the chaotic character of the port cities’ pre-existing industrial infrastructure. Nonetheless, the practice appeared purely unproductive from the standpoint of most rank-and-file workers, instigating further resentment.
Man Maoism in practice is so fucking funny
Background Pony #C9EE
@Ebalosus
I’ve never been a big fan of calling out sources just for the sake of doing so, but not in the context of what is being discussed. Sure the source or journalist may be crap, but they may be right in that instance. Additionally it’s a case of glass houses since I’ve seen some very low quality sources posted in this thread.
Moving to the incident in Connecticut I sadly think this is going to be something we are going to get for awhile, people bringing up the Rittenhouse case as a supposed motivation for another incident. Either directly or indirectly. It goes to show how alienated the left and right have become from each other. This case became politicized due to the protests it happened in, and what resulted was people aligning with their camps and making outlandish claims and lies, like Kyle being a white supremacist, or that his mere presence with a gun is a provocation, or that the people he shot were black. He also isn’t a hero a lot of people on the right are trying to make him out to be either.
I think the left is more wrong on this simply due to the facts not being on their side, but I think that point is irrelevant to most people, the facts weren’t important, what was important was what political side you are on. If it came out that Kyle was walking around Kenosha pointing his gun at people and the reason Rosenbaum initially gave chase was because Kyle pointed his gun at him and threatened him you would still see people on the right defending him and either lying or trying to dismiss it. All of this because the facts are no longer what’s important. It’s like everyone is gambling, you pick a side after an incident, before the facts are out, and if when they come out and you are right you take a victory lap, if you are wrong you find an excuse and complain.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
expected as much. would love to hear what the people who from the people where saying that the reason kyle got off because of white supremacy have to say about that. cause I thought from day 1 that Arbery case looked Mike murder to me.
Background Pony #C9EE
@NitroFury
This one I haven’t followed. I saw the one video back when it happened, but I haven’t paid any attention to the details of the case.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
The Arbery case was a clear case of murder but we live in a post Trayvon Martin world so it’s hard not to be surprised
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
Sweden’s first ever female prime minister has resigned just hours after she was appointed.
Magdalena Andersson, was announced as leader on Wednesday but resigned after her coalition partner quit the government and her budget failed to pass.
Instead, parliament voted for a budget drawn-up by the opposition which includes the anti-immigrant far right.
“I have told the speaker that I wish to resign,” Ms Andersson told reporters.
Her coalition partner, the Greens Party said it could not accept a budget “drafted for the first time with the far-right”.
Ms Andersson said that she hoped to to try to become prime minister again as a single party government leader.
“There is a constitutional practice that a coalition government should resign when one party quits,” the Social Democrat said on Wednesday. “I don’t want to lead a government whose legitimacy will be questioned.
The speaker of parliament said he would contact party leaders on the next move.
Ms Andersson was elected as prime minister earlier on Wednesday because under Swedish law, she only needed a majority of MPs not to vote against her.
amazing move tbh.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
but seriously Is the criminal justice system that rightfully convicted arbery’s killers still a white supremacist system or are yall ready to admit you where wrong about Kyle?
Background Pony #C9EE
@igotnopicks
I’d say the Justice system up to the point where sentences are doled out is generally fine. After that it goes to shit since we have an obsession with punishment instead of rehabilitation.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide