Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

@lonewolf
Yes, I am aware that injuries from bullets can be just as devastating as fatalities. That’s why we should reduce the amount of ammo a single individual can get.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Ereiam
A more accurate headline would be “someone finally asked after months of posturing, and Germany immediately agreed”.
Seriously, Poland’s been drumming up this “we need Germany’s approval, they’re holding us back!” all while never having actually asked… because it’s an election year and it makes the governing party look tough while actually being bitches.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

An antifascist group dropped a fascist-made document that reveals the details behind the “groomer” operation and yet here we are, entertaining someone who thinks gun control won’t be used to mainly suppress minorities.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
@CaptainXtra
It’s funny how US insists that open carry is good and responsible, while concealed carry is evil and dangerous. In Europe it’s the exact opposite.
Unless you’re going straight to hunting grounds or a shooting range, your long guns stay the fuck home in a safe
Or to a gunsmith. Or a gun show. Or a gun store. Or to a gun buyback. Or to meet with your uncle who wants to buy your gun. Or your friend who loaned you her long gun. Or your another friend who knows how to polish the trigger mechanism without making it unsafe. Or to an airport because you are flying to another country for a competition. Or…
And of course every person with bad intentions can lie and say they totally are going to a legit place.

@IWTCIEM
No offense, but if you don’t know much about guns, your law ideas are likely to be silly.
Reducing the amount of rounds a person can purchase would also be a good solution. AFAIC if someone needs more than five rounds they are either (a) a lousy shot or (b) wanting to kill lots of people.
A local shooting club advertises a 6 hours long pistol training. It requires participants to bring 200 rounds each. That is slightly higher than 5 rounds. But I guess the purpose of training is to be a lousy shot or to kill a lot of people.
What’s more, going to a store every time you want to shoot is annoying and ammo is cheaper in bulk. So people typically buy a lot of it at once, more than one event worth.
Maybe raise the prices on ammunition so less people can afford it?
Ah yes, only the rich should be able to afford using guns. The rest of people should either own no guns, or only collect them but never shoot them. Why should people train to safely and accurately use the guns they own?
most gun violence is done with handguns and rifles
Most is done with handguns. Rifles are almost on par with shotguns. Example FBI data: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/topic-pages/tables/table-20
Most of gun deaths are suicides, most of the rest is crime. And handguns are better for suicides (easier to aim and press the trigger) and crime (easy to have it on you in case a rival gang attacks or police raids you; easier to hide; easier to run with; one hand can be free).

@Violet Rose in The Rain
Agreed. Gun control in the US was historically used against Blacks and other minorities. And considering the US political climate, minorities should definitely arm up. Political efforts and educating people are the most important, but it’s good to have a fallback for the worst case scenario.

Wow, that’s a long post. Perhaps I should have split it.
Background Pony #1D40
@lonewolf
Abrams uses a lot of fuel when moving, because it’s heavy. But the same applies to Leopard 2.
Unlike Leopard 2’s engine, Abrams’ turbine also uses a lot of fuel when idling, but this problem has been solved some time ago with APUs (auxiliary power units).
Do you have any idea how many rounds someone goes through when doing skeet or other competition shooting?
Olympic level skeet shooters fire tens of thousands of shots a year.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Violet Rose in The Rain
Everything is going to fuck minorities and poor people the most. This is a whole other issue.
without healthcare people often end up in mental health detentions for simple things like drinking too much. Then gun rights gone. High concentration of minorities in these places.
Any law is going to disproportionately effect minorities. Black people are way more likely to be pulled over than white. Poor people are way more likely to be pulled over than affluent.
For a police officer to be successful, they have to meet a quota of arrest, so our prison system has enough slave labor. This means they have incentive to target people based on race, sexuality, income, and there is plenty of bullshit laws to entrap people for nothing.
Marijuana is primarily illegal for the purposes of rounding up minorities for slave labor. Of all the addictive and dangerous legal drugs, Marijuana is probably the easiest drug i ever quit.
Not saying weed is completely safe, it’s still a drug, you can choke on it or have a heart attack. However every state that legalizes it for medical or recreational sees a drop in painkiller related deaths.
Posted Report
IWTCIEM

@Background Pony #1D40
I don’t have to be a know-it-all on guns and how they work. All I know is that the current gun culture is beyond toxic, and guns should not be something widespread or prevalent in civilized society.
Also the notion that minorities should be arming up, while it probably would make Republicans consider passing gun control laws, doesn’t quite resonate well given that we’ve had a number of mass shooters who are minorities: Half Moon Bay, Monterey Park and Laguna Woods were all Asian shooters, and Uvalde was a Hispanic shooter killing Hispanic students.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
guns should not be something widespread or prevalent in civilized society.
You confuse things.
In civilized society, everyone should have access to guns. And there’d be no problems with them.
But we are not in a civilized society.
Posted Report
IWTCIEM

@The Smiling Pony
Well no matter how you slice it, the fact remains that at this point public mass shootings have become a uniquely American phenomenon. I’m honestly surprised that the international community hasn’t stepped in to intervene because the amount of unnecessary gun carnage is a flat-out human rights violation.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@IWTCIEM
You should look into shootings in other countries not considered “first world”. I can assure things are far worse in large swathes of central and south America than they are in the US, never mind Africa or the middle east.
I can’t tell if you’re just blind to the entire rest of the world existing or for some reason think American lives are more important.
Posted Report
IWTCIEM

@The Smiling Pony
What I meant to say is that the US is unique in having mass shootings every day. I don’t know how or why you’d spin what I said to claim I don’t know about what happens in other countries, because I am aware. This type of violence does not happen in other developed countries except the US.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@IWTCIEM
It happens in loads of countries. Why are you demanding international intervention in the US and not Myanmar or El Salvador? Are people in “developed countries” more worthy of attention or protection?
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@IWTCIEM
Minorities arming up is just going to grease the gears for putting them right in jail. Even if the police are corrupt, resisting them or the laws isn’t going to change anything, it will just make it easier for them to arrest you.
People say trans should get guns. that just gives bad people an excuse to hurt trans people.
I would not recommend guns to my loved ones as a means to be safe. It’s something people have to come to on their own, with purpose and context.
I also don’t recommend attack animals for self defence. You have no idea what that animal is going to do when actually faced with a threat. If anything get a yappy dog.
Our culture of violence is an issue. too many people are willing to take the lives of others over petty money, or sexual hangups. In our culture antisocial behaviors are considered manly despite women tending to like less aggressive men. We celebrate violence too much. Minorities are divided by violence.
Even our schools are full of bullying and sexual harassment. this hyperagressive behavior starts young.
Posted Report
IWTCIEM

@The Smiling Pony
Here’s the thing though: There are already initiatives by the UN and others to intervene in broken countries. Crimes such as human trafficking, war profiteering, arms smuggling, flogging of women and gays are constantly monitored and reported upon as human rights violations.
As are as the USA is concerned, it is broken on so many levels: healthcare, police brutality, restricting women’s reproductive rights, and the aforementioned gun violence are all indicators of a dysfunctional, broken society no different from the others mentioned. But yet it’s the only one which hasn’t been boycotted or sanctioned. Is this the “American exceptionalism” its citizens keep bragging about? Rules for thee but not for me? I have to say yes.
Posted Report
IWTCIEM

@Beth
Fair points. But in all honesty what solutions would you propose? As someone who voted blue in 2022, I feel my vote was wasted due to the inaction from Democrats and Republicans alike.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@IWTCIEM
You have so little understanding of what’s going on in the world that trying to expose just a fraction of it to you would take considerable time away from my paid job.
Posted Report
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Nuclear Doomsday clock moved to 90 seconds
(I thought it was already at 20 seconds but I guess not. Nonetheless the Ukraine war is the reason for it.
Well Russia is the only one who can stop it from reaching midnight by completely withdrawing from Ukraine. And by that I mean Putler gets taken out by a coup of Russians fed up with him because he obviously won’t (if he’s even still alive. Some think he may be dead, which if is the case that really complicates things because it means several people are pulling the strings).
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide