Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Vivace
Well, they vote. So I hope they know how to tell when they are being sold a bottle of swamp water by a New York landlord.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
If anything is going to happen to Trump, it’ll probably be done sometime before the month ends if it even happens at all.
In other news…
Uganda, a nation well known for being total and utter chaos + corrupted adds outright extremist homophobia to that list of reasons as to why no one with a sane mind would ever move there:
I hate bigots, I usually hate the people in power in most places, so you already know how I feel about Bigots in Power.
Posted Report
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
If anything is going to happen to Trump, it’ll probably be done sometime before the month ends if it even happens at all.
Why do you think that? Most of the cases against him are still in grand juries, with appeals to motions out to next October.
@Vivace
Well, maybe we should all start selling little bottles of swamp water then. Seems like there’s some profit to be made.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
He kinda already gave up the game when during his rants over indictment, he accused the feds of “election interference”.
Basically admitting what was obvious in that yeah, he’s running again as a means of dodging the law for his manifold crimes.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Russia claims that if Putin was arrested it would be a declaration of war by the arresting country.
The collective west raised their shoulders and said “you and what army?”.
Russia has managed to break a significant portion of its military and industrial base on this fruitless quest.
Posted Report
Zaknel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
@Meanlucario
I do consider myself a Libertarian. But some people in my life spew out crazy conspiracy theories I can barely just tolerate.
It makes it a little hard to follow this, sometimes.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Russia is naturally not very open about their real motivation for the invasion, so there’s only speculation. Based on Putin’s previous comments and actions, his being a former USSR KGB and his disdain for the fall of the Soviet Union, it’s possible he just wants to be the first czar of a reunified Russian empire.
Terton
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Barghest Best Girl
@Zaknel
it’s possible he just wants to be the first czar of a reunified Russian empire.
For years, my dad would always say that’s what Putin wanted. Shame he’s not around anymore to see how right he was.
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Dustcan
And, of course, the oft-discussed “land route to the EU for China so any future problems with the US on the high seas won’t be an issue” theory. Both of those make more sense than Putin giving a shit about saving Slavs in the Ukraine.
Posted Report
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan
@Ciaran
I figured it was just that his rule was getting a bit shaky after COVID and he was gambling on this to shore up his domestic support. Or at least give him an excuse to crack down on dissidents.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
This billboard was put up in Lansing, Michigan by the “free market” think tank James Madison Institute.
Not surprising given libertarians’ history of cozying with fascists.
Posted Report
lonewolf
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Another derailment This time though the train wasn’t moving, and some cars just fell over on a curve. Only thing I can think of is one of the cars was leaning due to the roadbed under the track being uneven (or it collapsed) or wind knocked it over (it can happen). The train has NS engines, but it’s actually a CSX train. Not stopping them from mentioning the Ohio derailment though.
So are there more derailments lately? Maybe not. Derailments happen every day. Some so minor they don’t even make it into a local newspaper. But after the Ohio one suddenly news outlets are looking for every one they can find because it makes an easy story now, and they can refer to the Ohio one to “improve it”. Hell even stories about other hazmat spills (like those 2 truck ones that happened) mention Ohio now. All to get those sweet sweet ratings. And of course we know the Kremlin is aiding in spreading misinformation about them now too.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Sure.
But. Like. A quick googling tells me Japan has had 214 derailments since 2001. For all kinds of derailments. Even bloating the number for all “Railway Accident” and “Serious Incident” cited, they’ve only had about 400 rail or tram related incidents in 20+ years.
China appears to have had about 25 derailments in 20 years, at least according to this. I don’t doubt China would lowball their numbers, but that’s still what we got cited.
As is always the case, a look around the world shows that America can do better.
Posted Report
Zaknel
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

@Dustcan
Not gonna comment on the China statistic, but is that really fair? Like, of course America has more train derailments than Japan. We’re a larger landmass and a larger population. We should instead compare train derailments per capita.
2001 is about 21 years ago. Japan has had 214 since 2001.
America has had an average of 1,700 per year. Multiplying by 21 is 35,700.
Japan has 125 million people, and is a landmass of 145,936 square miles.
America has a population of 332 million, and a landmass of 3.797 million square miles.
So, running the numbers:
Japan:
Has had an average of 1.712 train derailments for every million people, since 2001.
And it has had an average of 1.466 for every thousand square miles.
The United States of America:
Has had an average of 107.53 train derailments for every million people.
And it has had an average of 9.402 for every thousand miles.
The numbers are clear. Japan has had far fewer train derailments, relatively to both their size and population, than The USA has.
Posted Report
Zaknel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Zaknel
I just read that and thought to myself that that means that for every 10,000 people, there has been one train derailment since 2001. If everyone in just my county disappeared, then the number would noticabley rise… That’s creepy. It’s bad.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
That’s how ratios work.
For a random dump of news, DeSantis is now moving to expand his “Don’t Say Gay” bill into all grades. Previously the bill only ranged from kindergarten to 3rd grade, now it’ll go up to 12th grade, basically meaning only college courses are exempt from the bill’s ban on talking about sexual orientations or gender identity. For now.
Because of course, it was never about “protecting kids”.
NSFW warning, I guess, because the top image is a picture of the world’s most famous naked statue.
Not directly related to DeSantis’ Don’t Say Gay, but definitely an adjacent issue on the growing hysteria over any sexual content, perceived or otherwise.
Biden’s been kinda back and forth on labor rights. He’ll give all the cheap platitudes for it, but when it comes to substantial union support that would actually inconvenience corporations he’s been pretty spotty. So yeah more of the same here.
All it took was for perpetual train derailments getting put in the national discourse for it to happen! Norfolk Southern still refuses to budge though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide