Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@SleepySteve
It took 800 years but they finally manage to indict a man who did absolutely nothing to hide his crimes
Prepare for the trial to take another 800 years
@AaronMk
You love to see it
@lonewolf
He may get convicted but it will happen right around the heat death of the universe
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
DeSantis has announced in a weaselly mouthed way that Florida will not assist in extradition attempts to get Trump to stand trial in New York.
Of course, what he doesn’t say is that he won’t oppose an attempt either.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
ABC reporting Trump plans to turn himself in early next week.
Guessing he’s hoping the media puts the spotlight on him for the duration of this spectacle, believing that will animate his supporters more.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Apparently it’s from just how many laws this one act broke.
Like, the actual hush money payment is a simple misdemeanor. It being done to protect his bid for the presidency however, is an additional charge.
Stuff like that.
Commune
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@AaronMk
Trump is contractually obligated to only post on Truth Social IIRC
@Background Human
You would be amazed at how many charges one action can get you, especially if the prosecutor really wants to fuck you in the ass
A lot of the charges are probably superfluous but meant to waste Trump’s legal teams time imo
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Someone just pointed something out. The DA had to vote on whether to indict Trump or not.
So he finally won the popular vote.
Commune

🚙
The Nashville shooter’s manifesto is going to be released
My predictions
  • Mentions Industrial Society and its Future(mass killers love bringing this one up)
  • At least one racist remark in there
  • Mentions Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold and/or the columbine shooting
  • Killer has a transmed view of himself and cites his inability to “be a real man” to be a reason of committing the shooting(admittedly this is based off just Randy Stair, but considering how friendly Aiden was to someone who misgenders him and even puts his deadname first before his ftm name in his final message, I think this is a likely scenario)
  • Killer explaining how the shooting will “save” those he killed from society or whatever horsecrap
The political ideology is harder to make out because, what many cons think Hale is a leftist shooter, I’m not entirely sure because most mass murders are done by far right extremists or “apolitical” shooters who just want to kill as many people as possible as part of a destructive suicide act, the closest thing to a leftist mass murderer in my head in good old Uncle Ted, and even so, his manifesto makes it clear he isn’t a leftist
Regardless, the manifesto is going to be dumb and frankly, nothing that will really stand out amongst the crowd of other mass murderer manifestos
People seem to think Hale is an “unusual” killer but I don’t, I see in Hale what I see in other mass killers, a pathetic lonely shithead incapable of self reflection
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I think Lukashenko is starting to get a little nervous.
He called for a freezing of hostilities and an effective truce in Ukraine. And gave Moscow an out by threatening the west to “not encroach” during any kind of truce or pause.
Moscow naturally rejected this with one official coldly saying it will be “discussed”.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Charter schools are like the gig economy employers of education - they rely on paying lousy wages to inexperienced teachers.
Here’s all Minnesota educators, graphed by salary and years of teaching experience. You can see the charters drawing from a markedly different labor pool:
Here’s the 20 schools in Minnesota with the highest and lowest average years of teacher experience. See if you notice anything about the lowest-experience schools:
Here’s a map of average teacher pay in the Twin Cities, where most Minnesota charters are. Again, the charters jump out from the surrounding, higher-paid districts.
In Minnesota, charter school teachers earn about $20,000 less annually than traditional school teachers.
About $12,000 of that gap appears attributable to the fact that charter teachers are younger, less educated, less experienced, and are more likely to have lower-tier licenses. The remaining gap is unexplained - it appears to simply be a product of charter stinginess.
If Minnesota charters employed teachers with the same credentials and characteristics as traditional school teachers, their annual labor costs would rise by about $90 million overall.
Anyway, I think this goes right to the heart of the US charter school movement. Charter schools are completely reliant - financially reliant - on being able to burn through cheap early-career teacher labor. It’s their secret weapon: a labor pool other schools don’t use.
Part of why charters can’t be easily expanded easily is because the pool of cheap, disposable teacher labor isn’t infinite. If you want to displace the whole K-12 system you need to, eventually, hire more traditional teachers. Charters can’t afford that and will collapse.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Missouri voted to defund all their public libraries.
I drove through Missouri once, you can feel the stupid in the air.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide