Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #6E29
Just about all of the cities in Texas (Houston, Dallas, Austin, El Paso, and San Antonio) are blue.
The only reason Texas is red is because those cities aren’t as densely populated as say, NYC or Boston.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

To wit: Friday DeSantis signed into law a controversial bill that critics say is “ripe for abuse” by bad landlords.
The bill, HB 133, allows landlords in Florida to charge tenants a nonrefundable, limitless, recurring fee in lieu of a security deposit, or what’s been dubbed “junk fees.”
Supporters of the bill — including corporate lobbying interests that stand to turn a profit from it — say it offers tenants an alternative to paying lump-sum security deposits that can often cost upward of one or maybe two months’ rent.
There are no limits to the fees that landlords can charge as part of this alternative security deposit arrangement, so they could theoretically charge $25 per month, or they could charge $200 per month. “There’s no cap on the fees,” said Mobley.
The bill also garnered opposition from social advocacy groups, as well as labor unions like the Service Employees International Union, which represents many workers in low-wage jobs.
“As written, this legislation leaves working-class renters that are experiencing an affordable housing crisis vulnerable to predatory business practices,” a coalition of advocacy groups wrote in a letter urging DeSantis to veto the bill last month.
“The state is facing a housing crisis, and our communities are being exploited for profit.”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
“If we’d lost Harris County—Trump won by 620,000 votes in Texas. Harris County mail-in ballots that they wanted to send out were 2.5 million, those were all illegal and we were able to stop every one of them,” Paxton told former Trump adviser Steve Bannon during the latter’s War Room podcast on Friday.
“Had we not done that, we would have been in the very same situation—we would’ve been on Election Day, I was watching on election night and I knew, when I saw what was happening in these other states, that that would’ve been Texas. We would’ve been in the same boat. We would’ve been one of those battleground states that they were counting votes in Harris County for three days and Donald Trump would’ve lost the election,” the Republican official said.
Texas might actually already be firmly blue.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
Chuck Todd announces on today’s Meet the Press that he is leaving the show and will become NBC’s chief political analyst.
Adios, you “both-sides” tool.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Biden said in an interview that his cat, Willow, will sneak into his bed at night and sleep on top of his head.
Between this and news that Major, his dog, keeps biting Secret Service I now choose to believe they are the ones really in charge.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
Pence has filed paperwork to run in 2024 on the GOP ticket.
Trump getting everything he wants to ensure he comes out on top.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@The Smiling Pony
I genuinely didn’t even know he was running or was going to run
@Thanotos Omega
Nah, Ronald McDonald Desantis(if trump uses this I’m copyrighting him) has engaged in too much cultural war antics to be the prime “centrist” candidate(although, yes, he is probably where many centrists would flock)
I think Pence’s anticipated base is more centrist than radical considering that the radical base of the Republicans party tried to kill him and he is very much aware of this fact
But let’s be honest, no one is voting for him, radicals hate him for going against Trump, centrists hate him for being with Trump till the very end, and beyond that he has no other base
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
I remain highly skeptical, mostly for reasons outlined in Isaac Arthur’s and John Michael Godier’s videos, namely where are the Dyson swarms that said craft allegedly came from and assuming it came alone (i.e. not part of a larger craft), wouldn’t a drive/reactor failure be super-destructive to earth? I grant that it could be a Von Neumann probe or something connected to one, or an ancient piece of ship debris that crash-landed here, but I’m much more willing to put my money on advanced test aircraft developed by the pentagon than something from out of this world.
Background Pony #A08A
Should we have PSAs about mass shootings and police brutality? Like, show commercials about them during regular programming?
That might bring more awareness to those issues and finally get something done about them.
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
I’ve never heard of that website before, and the only reference I could find on the credibility of the site or the article was the site itself.
Moreover literally nobody else is covering this alleged earth-shaking discovery.
Conspiracy theory bullshit until proven otherwise.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Pretty much, and I say that as someone who supports a few shall we say controversial conspiracy theories. In my defence, the ones I support are plausible, and don’t violate causality in order to work. Even the other conspiracy people I follow are rolling their eyes at this one.
If anyone wants a nuanced take from someone firmly grounded in reality with a scientific approach on this article, I recommend John Michael Godier’s recent video on it, as he aptly points out how even if the alleged craft exists, you can’t just reverse-engineer it for a technological advantage anymore than you can deduce the existence of cable companies or game consoles from a damaged piece of the plastic shell of a television.
Background Pony #1D40
@Background Pony #F6E5
The flooding not only will destroy people’s homes and threaten their lives, but it is also damaging from an ecological perspective.
Online vatniki reactions consisted of cheering at first, but they slowly start realizing the consequences. I suspect in a short time they will start blaming Ukraine or NATO for blowing up the dam.
EDIT: They are already claiming that it was an accident caused by a high water level and, alternatively, that it was a Ukrainian bombing.
Oh, and Crimea will face severe water shortage.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide