Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles discussion.

Poll results: Best pon-I mean turtle?

Raphael
50.00% 4 votes
Donatello
25.00% 2 votes
Leonardo
12.50% 1 vote
Michelangelo
12.50% 1 vote

Poll ended with 8 votes.

Background Pony #10AA
Oh, BTW: TMNT ‘03 is completely up for streaming on CBS All Access now.

That’s what made me finally get an account with them.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #10AA  
That’s cool, the 2003 series has been kinda ignored for that past 10 years.  
Shame as it was pretty good, (despite taking itself too seriously at times, and to some too continuity-based, and some fans hated the “Flash Forward” season/spinoff) and adapted many events from the comics.

@Dex Stewart  
It’s funny, because the Toxic Crusader was a Rated R movie. Seems like you could get away with some stuff in the ‘90s. (Yet, some parents/Karens/Kens still complained the TMNT movies & cartoons were too “violent.”)

I hear they’re going to re-issue the classic 4 TMNT action figures, those were always my favorites. I just love the details, faces, and how each turtle had their own skin color, and belt design.

@Background Pony #FE52  
There were actually two “The Mask/Ace Ventura” crossovers. One for each show. A bit jarring seeing the two art styles mixed, but still entertaining. I can understand Rob disliking Bubsy & Coconut Fred, especially ‘cause Coconut Fred was a blatant SpongeBob/Gilligan’s Island rip-off.

TMNT is probably linked to alot of things. Frank Welker voiced Tokka & Rahzar from the second TMNT movie “Secret of the Ooze.” Frank’s been in almost everything, even doing animal impressions/sounds for many movies.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky  
I’ve heard the Toxic Crusaders toys came about because they wanted to make Toxic Avenger toys. Adult collectors weren’t a well known thing,so they needed a cartoon to make things child friendly. It had worked well for them with the TMNT cartoon. The darker violent world of the turtles was now bright,happy and full of pizza!  
There was almost a Sgt Kabukiman NYPD cartoon. Unfortunately that never happened.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
Yeah, it wasn’t until the Spawn action figure line that older toy collectors became more known.

I would’ve watched Kabukiman. lol

And yeah, the original TMNT comics were very violent. Same for “The Mask,” and it got a lighter movie, cartoon, and action figures too.  
So sometimes “lighter & softer” isn’t always bad.
Background Pony #10AA
@Beau Skunky  
Interestingly, Michael Sinterniklaas, Leo’s voice actor in the 2003 cartoon, has also done a good amount of animal/creature voices. Not as much as Frank Welker, but he’s had a few noteworthy examples, such as the heroes’ mouse in the English dub of Promare last year or most of those little bunny like creatures called the Hemkas in Hanazuki.

Amusingly, Sinterniklaas worked with Welker in a TMNT sketch in Cartoon Network’s MAD series, with the former reprising his role as Leonardo and the latter voicing Donatello. I didn’t usually care for that show, but I admit I checked that episode out just for those two.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #10AA  
“MAD” had it’s moments, (I remember being happy they had Bunnie Rabbot cameo in one episode) their MLP sketches with Tara Strong were pretty good. So it’s nice like “Robot Chicken” sometimes they get the original voices to come back. (And yes, I’m aware Robot Chicken creator/voice actor Seth Green was 2012 Leonardo after Season 2.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
Yep, glad he’s doing well. Also, this means we have two turtles that were Goonies.

Also, Robby Rist (1990 movie Michelangelo) was 2012 series Mondo Gecko.
Background Pony #5089
Another shared role between TMNT voice actors who have shared characters - Jim Cummings and Peter Lurie (Leatherhead’s  
voice in the 1987 and 2012 shows respectively) have both voiced Kraven the Hunter in Spider-Man video games - Lurie in the Xbox release of the 2002 movie game (Kraven was exclusive to that version) and Cummings in Shattered Dimensions.
Background Pony #8AD0
I was looking up TMNT figure lines and saw this from the Universal Monsters line. I remembered the Michelangelo as Dracula and April as Bride of Frankenstein figures, but this slipped my mind.

full

Raphael as the Metaluna Mutant from This Island Earth?

There are no words.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I got the junior novel for “Mutant Mayhem”, which came out a week before the movie did. And of course I didn’t read it until AFTER I saw the movie to avoid spoilers. There’s the usual inclusion or omitting of certain pop culture references (such as no mention of Doritos or Attack on Titan, instead the chips are generic ranch flavor chips and the anime referenced when the turtles get a peek at high school was replaced with “One Punch Man”.
But the biggest glaring issue was omitting the entire climax from the movie, so the book instead ends with the turtles and mutants defeating SuperFly on Staten Island.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@DanielOrange
I remember some were upset with the pop culture references. Granted some were accessive, but the old movies and cartoons had alot of references too.
2012 series even had parodies of Star Trek, and horror movies.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@DanielOrange
Wouldn’t be the first time. Some bash the second TMNT movie for having Vanilla Ice in it.
Granted, it’s a dated reference, but eh as I said every version of TMNT has some now obscure references.
“You were expecting maybe the Adams Family?”
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@Beau Skunky
Honestly, I barely remember much about the second movie (as I’d only seen it on VHS a few times when I was little, I only remember an early fight in a toy store or something)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Anyone try the new “Shredder’s Revenge” DLC yet? Love the new survival game mode, and character pallettes. Usagi Yojimbo is a pretty cool new playable character too.
(Team Saki apparently wanted him in the game shortly after it released.)
@DanielOrange
@northern haste
In fairness, many 20-something years olds, and teens do look and act similar. (Especially, with how immature some young adults are now.)
Heck, I still get mistaken for a teenager, because I look young, (very short) and wear geeky things like Super Mario shirts. lol
Though, in fairness the things they did in the older movies/cartoons like watch old cheesy monster movies, skateboard, use goofy surfer slang was what many teenagers did in the 1990s. Even if those things seem odd nowadays.
The “Mutant Mayhem” movie just kinda updated it with more modern teen interests.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@Beau Skunky
I’m the opposite, when I was roughly 16 someone heard my voice online (don’t remember why since I don’t really like talking online nowadays) and they thought I was in my 40s because of how deep it sounded.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide