The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Red-Supernova
I was a Nintendo kid growing up as well, my first console was N64 and ever since I’ve gotten the latest Nintendo system moving forward. I did rent a PlayStation to play games like Dino Crisis and Resident Evil but never owned one, though my brother did get a PS2 when that came out and we started getting games like Final Fantasy X and of course was my first introduction to Kingdom Hearts, and ever since we’ve also had Sony console as well (plus a Blu-Ray player) and I’ve always gotten the latest KH game to come out which thankfully were on the DS.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
So I went on to Shinobi-03’s channel to go watch his response video to Doug’s Jurassic Park review and couldn’t find it anywhere, I went to see his uploads and was surprised to find that he’s quitting making videos.
Apparently it’s too much work for him to do and time consuming and in the end was meaningless because of how little views and subscribers he’s been getting, and I fully understand what he’s going through so I respect his decision though not sure why he removed his Jurassic Park/World response videos.
I suppose he’s not proud of them, but personally that’s why I subscribed to him in the first place because like Klayton Fioriti it was not only nice to see other devoted fans of JP but also someone who spoke out against people like Doug Walker.
Doug’s reviews of the Jurassic movies are awful; some of the worst content I have ever seen from him (yes even more then his Pink Floyd parody) and it was so nice to see someone like Shinobi-03 speak up and show how important these films are to people and that there’s no shame in liking something especially if you have facts to back up.
I suppose there are still plenty of people out there that don’t fall for Doug’s crap like MisAnthro Pony and Anomaly Inc. But still JP is important to me, it’s one of my all time favorite film franchises so that’s why I have such respect for Shinobi-03 and thus am disappointed we don’t get to watch his videos anymore (also his Deadpool 2 response his gone as well).
Background Pony #D7FD
I’ve slowly come to realize why some people don’t like Lewis, especially with some reviews he tends to go into the realms of Kyle “Everything is a Fascist” Kalgreen. Although I find people like Ralphthemoviemaker making fun of the AT4W movie when that film was made for fun and not uber pretentious ala To Boldly Flee to be rather sad.
Background Pony #D7FD
The problem with Ralph is he wants to be taken serious as a reviewer instead of a “comedian”. But his reviews boil down to obnoxious self imposed “I know movies and this is trash”. The Joker review is an example of that, missing key points just to rant about how the movie borrows elements from other movies. Him reviewing the Linkara film feels like bottom of the barrel scraping and only doing so because of the drama between Lewis and Oney plays.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@Background Pony #D7FD
To be fair, I was under the impression he only reviewed Joker because of fan demand, so if that’s true, I’m not surprised he half-assed his video on it.
I think he’s just kind of petty. There are plenty of reasons to criticize Doug Walker, but calling him “cringe” or “that awkward kid” is getting into channer territory.
Background Pony #D7FD
Honestly considering Ralph’s friendship with YMS, who’s arguably more snobby in terms of movies, yeah.
That Joker review was a joke, nothing but someone bitching over a movie he didn’t like and insulting those who enjoyed it.
Background Pony #6DFC
How much you wanna bet the next Nostalgia Critic video is gonna be a review of the Sonic the Hedgehog movie? Considering the sequel will be out two days later, it seems like an obvious choice. If that does end up happening, let’s hope Doug is considerate of the movie’s fans, since he upset a lot of them when him and Rob gave it a negative review on Sibling Rivalry.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Background Pony #6DFC
It’s inevitable that Doug does a Nostalgia Critic review for it eventually, I mean I never thought he’d ever touch Detective Pikachu but he did and given the response that the movie got especially thanks to the redesign Doug won’t help being the dick he is by raining on everyone’s parade.
Plus Doug has shown very little interest in the Sonic series to begin with (I mean he doesn’t even know the loop de loop place is Green Hill Zone) so I don’t trust him to give any kind of proper review of it at all.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@Dr_Osaka
Walker did do a Video Game Confessions episode on Sonic (anyone remember that show?), so he has some superficial familiarity with the games, although, as is often the case with him, he doesn’t seem to be interested in broadening his knowledge any further.
But in my experience, Walker does a reasonably good job of avoiding media moralism and conflating his own opinions with objective truth, and he’s taken pushback into account. I think where he falters the hardest is when he goes after creators on a personal level, like with Michael Bay or Tommy Wiseau.
His analyses aren’t great (there are times when he hits the mark), but we know that he’s a comedian before he’s anything else, and to be honest, I’ve reached a point where I don’t think professional criticism of any sort has much value. There’s too much ego and individual taste hiding behind the standards. For all the shit that Walker gets, Roger Ebert had some of the same flaws.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@HeadlessHorselessHorseman
Yeah that is true, I guess the problem I have is that I no longer find him funny so when he can’t make me laugh I tend to view his videos as lackluster cause not only is his humor bad but now I can’t even take his critiques seriously because of how awful they are.
And this isn’t even an issue with his newer content, I went back to watch some of his older videos like the Super Mario Bros. Movie and they don’t hold up for me sadly (from a humor & analytical POV).
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka
In fairness, he was quite positive over the old Sonic SatA.M. cartoon, but that seems to be the only Sonic media he liked.
Already, journalists and critics are trashing the sequel, but that’s nothing new, because they did that with the first, yet most Sonic fans loved it. In fact, “normies” and fans whom saw Sonic 2 early say it’s “good/great.”
I’d rather the sequel be beloved by normies and Sonic fans then critics or the media any day.
(As opposed to the new Halo show, which has the opposite problem. Critics love it, but fans hate it.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart
Same, it’s especially controversial that apparently now Master Chief rarely wears his helmet in it.
That’s something that always bugs me in adaptions when a well known masked character is rarely masked.
Strong Bad even poked fun at that.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky
Not in the uk. I do have a vpn but I feel like I should watch more than just episode one and my laptop Does have some Wi-Fi issues. Maybe if the service or show gets released in my country i will watch a couple
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!

I don’t know if this is Doug’s way of trying to be clever cause it doesn’t work, I mean he’s already got the bald head was it too much to just photoshop Robotnik’s mustache on his face?
Also the Sonic sequel movie is more a love letter to the Sonic franchise then Doug’s review of The Wall ever will be to Pink Floyd.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Dr_Osaka
He’s made it very clear he does not actually want to do reviews and just wants to do sketches.
You know if he ever does the 1st movie it’s just going to be based on the joke that they should have kept the original design
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide