The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I was never really that into him, but enjoyed his History of the Power Rangers series…up until the past few entries, as it feels like he’s doing them out of obligation rather than because he wants to.

I dunno, his stance on Ninja Steel sticks out given how much the fandom harps on that season. Even he acknowledged he was in the minority saying he was fine with it(I’m personally on the same boat, it was just usual PR affair that just played things really safe)
Background Pony #058F
This is probably one of the most horrifying Nostalgia Critic thumbnails in recent years.  
full
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@CrashGordon94

A lot of James Cameron movies these days are subsidised by the NZ government, meaning that not only did Alita get a tax break, but also a couple of million thrown its way, courtesy of the NZ taxpayer (like myself).
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@CrashGordon94

A lot of movies get that if they use Weta Digital and the likes, and especially if they film parts of the movie here. Hell, even both Guardians of the Galaxy movies got a grant from the government for some reason.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@UserAccount  
@Dex Stewart

We all know it’s going to happen at some point, though I think he would do it sooner rather than later, as the chances of him profiting majorly off bronydom is decreasing the further we get from the end of G4.

I can honestly see him doing a month-long thing, so he can wring four/five videos out of it cover not just the movie, but EQG, the series, and its history.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Ebalosus  
I wonder if he would make any interesting points about mlp or if this would be a more forgettable review. I remember years ago on an ask that guy he talked a bit about mlp and sang part of the theme. I don’t know if he was actually a fan or just doing a bit.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Dex Stewart

It’s really hard to say tbh, as his outsider takes can be very inconsistent when it comes to making good or interesting points. Look at his original cast Star Trek movie retrospective: compared to SF Debris, or Linkara, or even Angry Joe, his take on them was garbage, and only went for the obvious complaints.

Granted, with MLP he’s guaranteed to piss off at least a few people, but feel that it should be easier to get right than the likes of Trek. It depends on how much research he does, because other videos and reviews show that he can and has done that, so it would be disappointing if we get another Trek retrospective (or god forbid a Wall review).
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Ebalosus  
The last reviews of his I REALLY liked were the Lorax and Cat in the Cat. He was able to absolutely PERFECTLY articulate what was wrong with those,as well as any positives.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Dex Stewart

Don’t get me wrong, he can be quite insightful as to why something is bad or doesn’t work. I’m not one of those people who think that he’s always sucked! but feel that he can phone it in at times, and it can be pretty egregious when there’s obviously more depth he can go into but doesn’t. I guess it depends on the viewers familiarity with the source material as to whether they think he’s phoning it in.

For example, I personally think his Spider-Man reviews are fine, but on Kiwifarms a lot of people took umbrage with them, which led to in-depth discussions about what he got wrong and why. I’m sure they had valid points, but that didn’t affect my viewing experience of said reviews, as I’m not as attached to the source material as a lot of them apparently were.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Ebalosus  
I watched all the Spiderman videos,and the only thing I remember is Tom Jane’s cameo and Doug goes,“Original MCU…?”  
Probably because I didn’t like the Raimi movies ever,even when they first came out and I was almost a teenager. 2 was okay I just hate Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. If they hadn’t been there…but I’m getting off topic, aren’t I?
northern haste
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Dex Stewart  
I believe the person did it to see how easy it was the fake them and show how lazy is thumbnails got. The person put them was a bunch of real ones and see if anyone called it out
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #058F  
I know I’ll take heat for this, but I actually enjoyed that movie. Sure her eyes are weird, but that kinda helps add to the fact, she’s basically a cyborg, and to give her a bit of a manga look.
northern haste
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I did want to watch itI remember hearing some bad things so I thought I’ll just wait a bit and then a very bad fandom put me off even more.  
it was the same bash something else that was coming out around the same time can’t make it look better. it pretty much felt like they were forcing Captain marvel into a pissing contest(which I’m pretty sure was a completely different movie)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide