The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@northern haste
Yeah I know he does, just annoyed he doesn’t just focus on making sketches he did for Demo Reel or something similar to RiffTrax or MST3000 instead of also trying to also analyze the things he’s reviewing.
Also him not liking the new design I think has less to do with it making the movie better on a “so bad it’s good” level and more he doesn’t get to make fun of it as the Nostalgia Critic, cause seriously is that truely how Doug feels about the studio making such a major effort to help save the franchise? If the 2014 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie fixed their designs would he feel the same way?
Background Pony #A04C
@Dr_Osaka
Honestly, that was one of his better reviews. He actually really liked the second movie and even acknowledged the backlash he got for not liking the first one, making it clear that even though the film didn’t do anything for him personally, he knows it has its fans and doesn’t hold any ill will towards them.
That being said, he put out a new review a few hours ago (specifically, a review of Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore) that I feel is going to get him some backlash. Not from Wizarding World fans, but from Jurassic Park fans, as he sites the upcoming Jurassic World: Dominion as an example of a “franchise everybody can’t stand, but they keep making anyway” (for comparison, some other examples he sites are The New Mutants, Home Sweet Home Alone, and The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild).
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@Background Pony #A04C
Doug clearly lives in a bubble if he thinks people are getting tired of Jurassic Park, I mean what with all the toy sales, video games, several seasons of Camp Cretaceous, and the hype around Dominion that I’ve seen obviously people still love the franchise, Doug is the one who’s sick of it and wants it to end.
Plus Doug has shown no care for any of the Jurassic movies aside from the first Park film and even then he clearly dislikes parts of that as well so in the end he can’t hate all he wants but that doesn’t mean others aren’t allowed to like it.
And in the inevitable chance he does review Dominion I’m just gonna ignore it (Doug gets paid for his views so I’m not giving him attention in the first place)
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
I recently found out Doug did a video on the topic of Garfield & Friends

Which I was honestly surprised to see since he doesn’t seem to show any interest in the series especially with his reviews of the live action films
(also you’d think Phelous would do a retrospective video on G&F before someone like Doug ever did)
Anyways I stopped watching Doug’s content obviously, but because I am such a huge longtime fan of Garfield I was just too curious; and for once Doug actually didn’t f*** it up. He talked about the positive aspects behind what made the show so great and why Garfield is such a timeless icon, and also addressed how U. S. Acres was just the educational part of the show that people weren’t as invested in.
So you win this time Doug… doesn’t mean I’m gonna go back to watching your show (especially if and when you end up trashing Dominion and the Sonic movies)
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!

inhale siiiign~~~ Well it was only a matter of time but Doug has finally completed the hexagon of Jurassic movies. I do hope he feels vindicated now that he’s trashed every movie in the franchise.
It just makes me all the more sad that Shinobi-03 has retired making videos as we’ll never get to hear his thoughts.
(I also have no plans of watching it since I don’t want to give Doug anymore attention then he deserves.)
Background Pony #A2E1
@Dr_Osaka
Yeah, I can’t say I’m the biggest fan of Doug’s takes on the Jurassic Park/World franchise. He pretty much hates every single movie except the first one, and even that one he claims has some problems.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
I noticed Doug did a review of Birth By Sleep this Disneycember

I don’t know if he plans to do the other remaining games or not, but it’s nice he at least is taking an interest in the other titles outside the main console ones.
The review itself isn’t bad thankfully, but one thing that does annoy me about Doug is how impatient he is. I get that grinding to level up can be tedious at times to do, but honestly isn’t part of the fun of playing any game is to level your characters up to make them better and stronger otherwise what’s the point of playing the game if all you’re doing is just trying to get the game overwith as soon as possible. Part of the fun is being able to explore areas of the game, find items, come across new enemies and even try out different gameplay mechanics and abilities, maybe try out different weapons or partners, I know growing up playing KH I didn’t always just have Donald and Goofy on my team I liked to mix it up and add Tarzan, Peter Pan, and Ariel. This can also apply to other RPGs like Pokemon and Persona 5, and the good thing about games that require grinding is there are ways to pass the time like catchy music to listen to when exploring areas or fighting enemies (Or you can do what I do and mute the game and put on your own music if you want.)
Anyways I can understand why it might be a problem for Doug since he’s busy doing all kinds of stuff, the problem is it alienating him from playing other great games simply because he doesn’t have the patience to level up his character.
Oh and speaking of gaming, I don’t know yet if Doug has said anything about the new Mario Movie trailers yet but I’m almost afraid to just cause Doug can be such an inigma when it comes to talking about anything (As shown in his reaction to the Sonic Movie redesign.)
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka
His episodes are hit or miss, but I’m finding his more positive videos more entertaining. His “Sword in the Stone” recent review was pretty good too, as it was more positive, yet regards it’s flaws, and being a product of the 1960s, giving it a more mellow vibe.
I liked “U.S. Acres.” lol
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky

Holy crap I thought you were talking about his Disneycember review but he actually did an NC review.
This doesn’t please me though since well lately it seems Doug has run out of ideas for content to talk about so he’s resorted to just doing re-reviews of things he’s already talked about before; I mean he’s already done videos about Disney films like The Lion King, Mulan, Tarzan, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and so on so it’s pointless and there’s nothing really separating those reviews from each other aside from just being longer and trying to fill the time with bad jokes, weak criticisms, and sometimes his Demo Reel sketches.
If Doug is gonna just be repeating things he’s already talked about, at least do the ones that either a majority of people don’t enjoy (like Home on the Ranch) or maybe one where Doug couldn’t go into spoilers so this way we can hear his thoughts more clearly (like Meet the Robinsons). Or maybe do re-reviews of his older content like the live action Super Mario Bros. Movie since his original video is really dated now.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@northern haste
Yeah I guess that’s true, his stubbornness to learn from his mistakes hasn’t changed much over the years, I mean even if people do try to correct him on something he said about a film he has to always then come up with a counter argument just so he doesn’t admit he was wrong.
Posted Report
Background Pony #8818
After taking a week off, Doug is back with a new Nostalgia Critic video, and this time he’s once again tearing into one of his favorite punching bags.
[](http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/OvmhM4IjQ7M/0.jpg)
Not that Twilight isn’t a dumb franchise, but this video does reinforce one of my biggest pet peeves regarding Doug. Whenever there’s a franchise he hates, he never shuts up about it. He will hammer his hatred of the franchise into the ground over and over for years on end. The Twilight Saga is a prime example as you can clearly see, but some other notable examples include the Star Wars prequels, the Michael Bay Transformers movies, and the Disney live-action remakes (heck, he takes shots at the latter two in this very video). Again, it’s not like they don’t have problems, but it gets pretty tiring hearing Doug constantly take shots at them. I mean we get it, you hate those things. You don’t have to keep reminding us in every other video you put out.
Posted Report
Background Pony #8818
After taking a week off, Doug is back with a new Nostalgia Critic video, and this time he’s once again tearing into one of his favorite punching bags.
large
Not that Twilight isn’t a dumb franchise, but this video does reinforce one of my biggest pet peeves regarding Doug. Whenever there’s a franchise he hates, he never shuts up about it. He will hammer his hatred of the franchise into the ground over and over for years on end. The Twilight Saga is a prime example as you can clearly see, but some other notable examples include the Star Wars prequels, the Michael Bay Transformers movies, and the Disney live-action remakes (heck, he takes shots at the latter two in this very video). Again, it’s not like they don’t have problems, but it gets pretty tiring hearing Doug constantly take shots at them. I mean we get it, you hate those things. You don’t have to keep reminding us in every other video you put out.
Posted Report
Background Pony #8818
large
Posted Report
Background Pony #8818
Sorry for the triple post. For some reason, the image I embedded won’t show up, even though I’m certain I entered the embed code correctly. If a mod is here, can you delete two of the past three comments I posted?
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Background Pony #8818
I totally agree, and in all honesty I never hated the Star Wars prequels or the live action Disney films
(well okay with the exceptions of Maleficent, The Lion King, and Mulan)
I grew up with the prequels and I still enjoy them for what they were, and years later I’ve come to appreciate them even more (and not just because of the sequel trilogy) but of course people like Doug always talked about how bad they were so it made me a bit self conscious about liking them, but just like with the Jurassic Park movies I decided not to let all the backlash get in the way of still enjoying something I like despite what problems it has cause really something is only as bad as you make it out to be since most filmmakers don’t intentionally go out of their way to make something bad.
I suggest watching Rick Worley’s video or Anomaly Inc’s Prequel series cause they give lots of good insight about those movies and why all the backlash is rather unjustified a lot.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!

Another review of a Disney classic, obviously he’s doing the same thing he did with Lion King and Mulan when their live action remakes came out.
I don’t care to watch it since I already know how he feels about the film because of his Disneycember review and I highly doubt he’s gonna say anything that hasn’t already before, plus I just dislike when he does Nostalgia Critic reviews for beloved movies like these cause technically they get lumped into the same category as his reviews for awful films like Garbage Pail Kids and the Last Airbender.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!

Good lord, Doug really couldn’t wait to immediately do a review of the new movie. I mean the least he could do was wait until Nintendo actually released a sequel for the film before commenting on whether it was worth your time (and based on it’s box office returns I argue it was).
Also since I’m no longer subscribed to him, I was unaware Doug’s been busy this week doing reviews of other movies I love.

(Hopefully PhantomStrider at least educates Doug enough about SpongeBob for that review.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka
The Great Mouse Detective ep was pretty good. His episodes on movies he likes are a nice change of pace.
His comments on the notorious burlesque dancing mouse girl are priceless.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@northern haste
Huh, really? I’m surprised because knowing Doug he doesn’t miss the opportunity to really lay into something he hates and the live action Mario movie is one of his oldest reviews he ever made.
@Beau Skunky
Well if it’s anything like his Disneycember review which really is just my biggest problem is it’s just the Disneycember reviews artificially stretched out. I wouldn’t mind if Doug had something different to say, or with reviews like The Lion King where he thought it was overrated, a re-review where he learned new info about the movie and things that he considered plot holes looking at it differently.
With that said I wouldn’t mind if Doug at least did reviews of movies that were spoiler free so we could understand his thoughts a little better like with Meet the Robinsons.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide