The Mega Man thread!

Generals » The Mega Man thread! Search Posts
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
Since there doesn’t seem to be a thread solely on the Mega Man series, I thought I should make my own!

Anything related to the Blue Bomber can be discussed here. Whether you love the Classic series, X, Zero, ZX, Legends, Battle Network, Starforce, the Archie Comics, or even the Ruby-Spheres cartoon. Just try not to use this thread as a way to discuss your hate for Capcom’s recent decisions. Yes, I too think that the cancellation of many games was tragic and you all have reasons to be pissed off about that. Just try to keep the drama to a minimum please.

Thank you.
Soul Dew
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Hoof Boi
I love Mega Man games! I managed to get a download of Megaman 8 and beat it about a month ago. Before I had Megaman 10 on an old Wii (which broke unfortunately), and beat that game too. I’ve only played games from the classic series however…
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@SeraphimDawn  
I see. Original and X are the more iconic incarnations but I know there’s a lot of love for the Battle Network series out there.

@Latios381  
Awesome. I only play the classic series as well. Nothing against the other series though. Funny enough is that the time I got myself into Mega Man games was shortly right after I became a brony.
archestereo

@SeraphimDawn

TBH, I liked Command Mission’s system better than Battle Network’s, although it kinda bugged me that it used a trinity of elementals instead of actually incorporating the weapon copy system into gameplay (sure, Axel could transform into one of the bosses, but that’s not really the same thing, plus I never could figure out how to get him to do that).

…seriously though, if Trainers can catch wild Pokemon, why can’t X copy a boss’s weapon? Hell, so many other rpg’s have the bosses drop special items as loot, so you’d think they would’ve made an rpg where Megaman still utilizes his trademark, albeit recontextualized. (In retrospect, you’d think they would’ve make an rpg for the classic series before the X series; it already had a larger cast that would’ve lent themselves better to a party without the need for so many OCs, plus Megaman’s many pets could’ve been summons).
ColdhardSilver
Thread Starter - Cartoon/Western Animation General

Culture Vulture
Quick question before I sleep how do you all feel about Axl? I like him, but think he’s got a bit of Silver the Hedgehog syndrome where his flaws are mostly attributed to being introduced in a really bad game.  
full
ColdhardSilver
Thread Starter - Cartoon/Western Animation General

Culture Vulture
@Red-Supernova  
You know how megaman copies the weapons of bosses?  
Axl is a prototype who’s main purpose is to copy everything about his foe.  
Gameplay wise Axl can use a special DNA on enemies and if it kills the foe they’re drop a DNA core and when Axl picks it up he’ll turn into said enemy. Though like I said before about the Silver syndrome, it’s underwhelming because X7’s mechanics were real bad. I’ve heard that they did it better in x8 and command mission, but I haven’t played those yet.

Story wise, Axl used to be a part of a Maverick hunting team called Red Alter (like who @SeraphimDawn is talking about) until R.A. started act like the very mavericks they original planned to fight.
Background Pony #6BAA
@Red-Supernova  
You didn’t mention the Archie comics but I assume we can talk about those too

If you even halfway like Megaman or just like science fiction you check ‘em out

They show how a good adaptation is done taking what’s in the original but adding new stuff and interesting twists for instance || like in volume 3 the Megaman 2 story where Dr. Wily planted a virus in his robotmasters so every time Rock got their power he was corrupted ||
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@ColdhardSilver  
Oh cool, so he’s like a Reploid Changeling? XD  
I would check those games out…..but I’m a Nintendo gamer and those games are on the Playstation consoles. (But Command Mission is also on Gamecube, right?) Plus, I don’t have that much motivation to play the X series.

@AppleJackFrost  
I just created this thread yesterday. It will grow over time. ;)

@Virgil Stormblade  
I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes by. To be honest, I never expected him to be a Mega Man fan in the first place.

@Background Pony #6DBD  
How could I forget the Archie comics? I’ve been reading them lately and discussing them here is definitely allowed. ;) Should I edit my starting post to let everyone know?

Oh yes. The Mega Man comics are really fun and interesting. I’ve currently just finished the Dawn of X story arc.  
Its quite a shame that one of my biggest internet enemies, ProfessorMegaman, DESPISES these comics with a burning fury. (He liked them at first until after the Mega Man 2 story arc.) He even tried making a freaking petition to fire Ian Flynn, in which he failed.
Background Pony #6BAA
@Red-Supernova  
Nah I don’t think you need edit anything just saying “Anything related to the Blue Bomber can be discussed here.” was pretty clear I just wanted to remind everyone those comics existed

Something else worth mentioning is the mangas the Megamix/Gigamix series I’ve not read them myself but I hear good things
archestereo

@Red-Supernova

Personally, I’m part of the camp that thinks the first X game was the ideal in the franchise: it brought together all the best elements from the classic series, established the elements that defined the X series, and still retained elements that make it unique to the other games (like how a stage would change when you beat a certian boss).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide