The Mega Man thread!

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
So apparently Mega Man is doing a collab event with a Nintendo mobile game, Dragalia Lost.

And of course, Mega Man 2 references are strewn everywhere.

The collab was a complete surprise as the mobile game itself takes place in a mostly medieval anime fantasy setting, with magic, swords, monsters, and of course dragons. Mega Man just feels a little out of place here. Also, unlike most characters in the game, Mega Man apparently isn’t voiced either. He just makes his classic 8bit sounds when you look through his character lines.
Background Pony #F54A
@Selaphiel

This kind of reminds me of when Batman was putted in Arena of Valor, a fantasy game with a lot of mythical heroes.
Background Pony #F54A
@Selaphiel

…. they putted Darth Vader, a sci-fi character, in Soul Calibur, a medieval themed fighting game?

….. K
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Selaphiel  
Odd, but not too surprising, seeing as Nintendo & Capcom have collaborated many times before, including a few Zelda games, AND Megaman badges are included in “Nintendo Badge Arcade.”
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

MM2 is an overrated and crude game. It shouldn’t be the representative to the MM franchise.  
There are much more refined games in the series with better music.  
I’d compare MM2 fanboys to those Genwunners in the Pokemon fandom.  
They were the type of people MM9 tried pandering to.  
MM10 recaptured most of what made the Original series great.  
MM11 had beautiful visuals, but the music could have been better. Every soundtrack in that game sounded the same, boring, and inmemorable.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

Crapcom has been treating the MM franchise like it barely exists.  
Now instead of just making a half-assed game for the Original series YEARS in between releases.  
Maybe they should consider finishing off the ZX or StarForce series?  
Or better yet. REBOOT the Battle Network franchise?
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
It’s been a slow burn, but imo Megaman is in a better position than it was during the dark days of 2011-2016. Megaman 11 was a hit and it’s great to see them bringing Megaman/X/Zero/ZX to modern consoles. Especially ZX, that series is really underrated. I still hope for X9 after the collection did well.

@Selaphiel  
Legends 3 or bust

@Selaphiel  
MM2 is an overrated and crude game. It shouldn’t be the representative to the MM franchise.
There are much more refined games in the series with better music.
I’d compare MM2 fanboys to those Genwunners in the Pokemon fandom.
They were the type of people MM9 tried pandering to.
MM10 recaptured most of what made the Original series great.
MM11 had beautiful visuals, but the music could have been better. Every soundtrack in that game sounded the same, boring, and inmemorable.

Megaman 2 is one of the most well-aged games in the series. It’s the one that was difficult but never got to the cheapness of the first game. Megaman 9 was a nice nostalgia throwback after some real ho-hum cookie cutter sequels(though I liked 9). 10 though felt like it regressed back to the cookie cutters, whatever charm bringing in the 8-bit sprites of MM9 was lost, and 10 just wound up feeling cheap. Made me glad 11 was an entirely new
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

There’s a fan-game called “Megaman Rock & Roll” which everyone has been clambering about and honestly… I don’t see why.

It doesn’t really do anything all that new.
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Both Mega Man Legacy collections, MM11, and both X collections are on sale on the Switch eshop right now. So if you’ve got any Christmas money, now’s a good time to stock up.

This ad brought to you by the Switch Gang.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

Now if only Crapcom would just ball up and start developing a real massive online MM Battle Network mobile game.  
We already have PETs irl, the smartphone now.

Rumor: Mega Man Battle Network mobile game is in development

After all, upon original release in 2001, Mega Man Battle Network was predicated on adventures conducted with smartphone-like devices in the first place, and controlling a NetNavi on a mobile device to vanquish viruses would be the ultimate fulfillment of that series’s ideals. This is the rare case where putting a game on a phone might generally enhance the experience, if handled with proper imagination.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

I found this little thing of offical Megaman X artwork. Anyone else want to rate and say what’s you’re favorite?

full

1 Eh. I’ll give Inefune’s an okay. he was the basic design, and nothing spectacular. In fact; I think in his art, he’s the shortest.

2 Hayato Kanji’s art from X3 art really does it for me! So intense and just ready for action! Definite favorite!

3 Haruki Suetsugu; Very typical style from the 00s. Very basic, but does have X‘s usual intense stare. It’s okay.

4 Tatsuya Yoshikawa; Oy… Where to begin? e3e  
This one just… I dunno, too much jaw, the face and the eyes are so soft looking. does nothing, am I looking at X or something from another game with a cameo?

5 Ryuji Higurashi; This is very neat, a total resign with a darker color and a big more yellow as a tertiary. The red energy scarf was a near touch too. I’d like to see this design in other games

6 Ryo Takamisaki; Now we’re in some Managa stuff! This one’s an interseting desicion, definetly based off the X8 style, but a bit more dynamic looking. Has the look of the more 90’s expression, but with the last game decal. He’s done a lot of Megaman and Pokemon Manga, but no X exclusive ones. Shame, it’s not a bad look.

7 Shima Maeda; This one’s not bad at all. Not too sure where it’s from, but Maeda seems to do a lot of pic art for Capcom fighting games, or at least did.

8 Keisuke Mizuno; Now, this is a tricky one… this is the most modern artstyle seen on the legacy collection and He’s the one that did the infamous “April fools” design that became TruForceX Not gonna lie, like both and wished that design was used in a game (other then a DLC costume for MvCi)

9 Yoshihiro Iqamoto; I dunno… This one just makes me chuckle. I think it’s the eyelashes, like what? This is actually the art of the official Megaman X. Reminds me of something like Speed Racer.

10 Hitoshi Ariga; Knowing the artist that’s worked on a Megaman Manga, he loves to take liberties with his designs. (Seriously, go look at his Skullman) Look at that Buster! Is that a upgrade or suppose to be the normal one?! And Red eyes!? That’s usually how they portray Reploids going maverick, which was always a fear in Dr. Cain when he revived him. It peeks interest for sure!

Anyways, that’s my lil’ critique. What do you all think?
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Ryuji Higurashi is probably my favorite. Not just the X redesign(which is among one of X’s best imo), the art in general always stuck out to me from that game
09MurphyM

It would be nice if Capcom revived Megaman legends 3 one day. That game deserved better then to get cancelled and have the blame be put on the fans who wanted to see a third game.
Beau Skunky
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
They probably won’t/can’t unless the original creator contributes to it too, (as it was his project) but you never know.

MM11 was quite a surprise.
09MurphyM

It’s somewhat hilarious that while most Robot masters are either immune to their own weapons or get healed by them, Metal Man takes a whopping 28 hits of damage from the Metal blade during the boss rush in Wily’s castle.
Background Pony #B3CF
deviantart.com/metal-m/art/Megaman-Zero-Zx-831739461

You know, it might sound shocking to someone, but Zero (Mega Man Zero) and Aile (Mega Man ZX) are actually my favorite protagonists in the franchise. X is kind too pacifist for my tastes, while the protagonists of the other games are quite… standard.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide