The Sports Thread

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Mikey
If it hadn’t been for a few key mistakes at the end, it could have easily gone the other way. And maybe some of that comes down to Skylar’s inexperience, but I think a lot of it is coaching. Which, again, you have to look at McDaniel’s inexperience–this was only his first season as a head coach. If he sticks around, and if Tua can stay healthy, you guys might have some trouble on your hands in the future. (Which is fine, I guess; the Patriots and Jets suck now, and it’s no fun if a division’s completely uncompetitive.)
Posted Report
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

CHS, Class of 20XX
@igotnopicks
It’s what Mikey said. Division games. Always a ride.
And the deciding points came off a 98 yard fumble recovery by defensive end Sam Hubbard. Seeing a big guy haul ass from one end zone to the other is a thing of beauty.
Not sure what Harbaugh was thinking at the end, though. Really could have used those timeouts. (Not that it mattered, strictly speaking. The game ended on a 4th down stop.)
We’re on to Buffalo.
Posted Report
Background Pony #2CE1
The average age of an MLB fan is 57.
How fucked is the MLB when the boomers die out?
Posted Report
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Mikey
When they met in the regular season, KC only won by 10–at home. Given the talent disparity between the two teams, that’s not huge. Jacksonville has a fair chance here. At the very least, I expect them to beat the 8.5 point spread.
Posted Report
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
Cowboys fans: YEAH BOI WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL.
49ers fans:Brock Purdy got us this far. May he who has the biggest rooster win.
Bills fans:FOR DAMAR!!!!
Bengals Fans: WHO DEY
Chiefs Fans:Oh boy we are murdering this team
Jaguars Fans:We made it this far might as well try to win.
Eagles Fans:WE ARE UNSUFFERABLE!!! WE BOO’D SANTA!!!!
Giants Fans:No Eli. No Problem.
Posted Report
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
Well, I was right. The Jags did cover. Unfortunately for them, the league doesn’t grade on a curve. Now Chiefs fans have to hope that Mahomes’ ankle isn’t too messed up for next week.
And then there was the late game. The Vikings didn’t even play this week and they still managed to look like trash.
Posted Report
igotnopicks

Monado User
Bills, You died by Josh Allen, no championship round for you.
Jags atleast you gave KC hell.
As for the NFC games.
Phily was bound to own Giants.
Cowboys, McCarthyed the time again.
The winners.
49ers/Eagles: Matchup Jalen Hurts hasn’t played the 49ers.
Chiefs/Bengals: Chiefs are gonna play their injured QB against the Bengals. Kitty will go meow!
igotnopicks

Monado User
@Mikey
Better than losing the way the niners did. I mean fuck. They injured Brock Purdy. They got the majority of calls and there was no holding in the game.
Posted Report
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Mikey
I’m not gonna blame the refs. And I’m not gonna blame Ossai. The Bengals had every opportunity to win that game, and… they didn’t.
The Chiefs were playing with a chip on their shoulder because of the whole “Burrowhead” thing, just like the Bengals were last week over that neutral site nonsense. They were dialed in. And those early sacks had the Cincinnati offense rattled. Burrow made some poor decisions, even if they did occasionally pay off because our receiving corps is awesome. And the defense somehow forgot that Travis Kelce is a person who exists. Frankly, the Chiefs had enough weapons that covering them all was nigh-impossible. Who would have expected Valdes-Scantling to have an MVP performance? And Mahomes is a hell of a pocket passer when you take his legs out of the equation. He’s gonna have a Brady-esque career, and it’s going to be torture for the rest of us in the AFC.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide