The Sports Thread

GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Free the Tantabus
Today marked the start of Free Practice for the Bahrain Grand Prix, Formula 1’s season has officially begun. The race itself is on Sunday. I’ve said this every year for several years now, but this time I swear I’ll keep up with it this season.
GenericArchangel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
Bahrain Grand Prix’s in 1.5 hours. Quali went interestingly, we’ve got Red Bull (Verstappen) ahead of both Mercs followed by a Ferrari (LeClerc), an Alpha fucking Tauri (Pierre fucking Gasly), both McClarens, the other Ferrari (Sainz), an Alpine/Renault (returning champion Alonso who spent 2 years away from the sport), and rounding out the top 10 is Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll. A fascinating grid, given Mercedes’ dominance the last few years and Ferrari’s pitiful performance last year. Seeing an Alpha Tauri (Red Bull’s junior team) so high is shocking!
LordDusk2014
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Commentator
Commissioner Rob Manfred has announced that the 2021 MLB All-Star Game will not be held in Atlanta after the State of Georgia passed a controversial voting law that’s being decried as “voter suppression.”

(I’m posting this here because, while politics are involved, it’s sports-related.)

Update (June 6): The All-Star Game will now be held in Denver. This will be the first time since 1998 that the Mile-High City hosts the Midsummer Classic.
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
Alright y’all it’s RACE WEEK at the Imola Circuit in Italy, finally being given the honor of being the Italian (rather than the San Marino or Emilia Romagne) Grand Prix!

The first two Free Practice sessions are already over, and for once Valtteri Bottas has gone faster than his teammate, Lewis Hamilton (the reigning GOAT). After the Mercedes cars, we’ve got Gasly of Alpha Tauri proving he deserves a better team, Carlos Sainz leading teammate Charles LeClerc at Ferrari, Sergio Perez puts Red Bull 6th fastest since Max Verstappen had technical issues, Yuki Tsunoda of Alpha Tauri comes 7th fastest- he’s an interesting rookie- and the top 10 of FP2 is rounded out by McClaren’s Lando Norris, Alfa Romeo’s Antonio Giovinazzi, and Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll.

The only things of note farther down the list are Verstappen’s 14th- again, technical issues- and Daniel Ricciardo’s 18th! I’m sure there’s a story there.
LordDusk2014
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Commentator
12 of Europe’s biggest football (soccer) clubs announced that they were joining a new “European Super League,” pissing off UEFA and FIFA, whom are threatening to outlaw them and any other clubs that join.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide