Viewing last 25 versions of post by Zincy in topic The Virus Outbreak Thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
"[@Flutter_Lover":](/forums/generals/topics/the-virus-outbreak-thread?post_id=5056060#post_5056060

)

No.

I shouldn't even justify that question with an explanation, but I'm feeling generous.

Viruses mutate because it's what they do. They mutate randomly, with the surviving expressions being subject to selection pressure. The presence of antibodies does not make them mutate.

Quite the contrary, the unvaxed are the cause of variation. As ythe virus is able to run free in their bodies and given time to mutate as opposed to being wiped out by the immune system.
No reason given
Edited by Zincy
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
"@Flutter_Lover":/forums/generals/topics/the-virus-outbreak-thread?post_id=5056060#post_5056060

No.

I shouldn't even justify that question with an explanation, but I'm feeling generous.

Viruses mutate because it's what they do. They mutate randomly, with the surviving expressions being subject to selection pressure. The presence of antibodies does not make them mutate.

Quite the contrary, the unvaxed are the cause of variation. As yhe virus is able to run free in their bodies and given time to mutate as opposed to being wiped out by ythe immune system.
No reason given
Edited by Zincy