The Virus Outbreak Thread

NamelessNP
Glim Glam - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Ruby -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Starlight and Sunny Fan
I’ll just say that we found out today that the CDC said to be ready to distribute vaccines on November 1, which is long before a safe vaccine is expected to be ready. So BP’s concern isn’t exactly without merit
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I’d say we need to wait 4 years for a vaccine, and coronaviruses can’t be vaccinated against anyway. If SARS-CoV-2 was a creature in MTG, it would be Black and still able to block Akroma, who has Protection From Black…
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Wiimeiser  
that’s the problem with the coronaviruses, they are non-immunizing. if the russians or the DARPA managed to create one, guys, keep the recipe because you have here a recipe that will certainly fix other viruses, like all coronaviruses, even HIV.

I want to believe, I know, I’m skeptic and cynical all the time but if they manage to prove it work and test it, and can be trusted, like not a ton of adjuvants or preservatives to make vaccine cheaper, then congrats.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
Dan Andrews has completely trashed this state. I wonder how many people will be leaving once travel restrictions are over? I’d place bets on 3-5 million.

@Patachu  
Victoria is desperate for a vaccine, if we don’t get one, we’re worse than Niger.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
This doesn’t feel like a medical exemption to me, this looks to me like she feels her first amendment rights are being violated.

This is why people like Daniel Andrews and Xi Jinping are quashing free speech. It makes people entitled. It’s why we’re so politically divided.

Also, that’s terrifying to hear someone my age with zero medical complications died pretty much instantly. I potentially have COPD from second hand smoke (I had a babysitter who smoked, egregiously, too) and permanent respiratory damage from a string of colds (I’m constantly clearing my throat because of phlegm buildup, and my brother and one of his friends have it too)

I’m not denying it’s a real disease, I know two people online who have survived it, but I think politicians are using it as an excuse to abolish free speech.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

U mad?
I potentially have COPD from second hand smoke (I had a babysitter who smoked, egregiously, too) and permanent respiratory damage from a string of colds (I’m constantly clearing my throat because of phlegm buildup, and my brother and one of his friends have it too)

I’ve been having that same problem since March and it’s annoying (along with a sore throat quite often). I was thinking it was something to do with the acid reflux attack I had before it started, but maybe it’s respiratory. I’m going to a throat doctor on the 14th to have a camera shoved down mine to see if something’s going on.

And honestly I’m not getting my hopes up for a vaccine. I think we will have to deal with it for the rest of our lives. Thanks China.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
@MagpulPony  
From my proposed original IP with Zinnia:

Un-inoculable pathogen detected. Deploying bionic immune system.

@lonewolf  
And honestly I’m not getting my hopes up for a vaccine. I think we will have to deal with it for the rest of our lives. Thanks China.

Hence why Xi Jinping is #1 on my top 11 most despicable people currently alive, and even if you include fictional characters he’s second only to Djinnpin, who was an attempt at recreating him and Mao…
NamelessNP
Glim Glam - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ruby -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Starlight and Sunny Fan
@lonewolf

Best case scenario seems to be a vaccine lasts long enough so that it only has periodic outbreaks and for it to eventually mutate to a form as weak as the common cold or flu, but it’s probably here for good no matter what.
Background Pony #603A
@MagpulPony  
It’s a “real” vaccine. The issue it has is it relies on a strain of the “common cold” to act as activator that at this point ~40% of the western population and ~80% of the African population are already immune to, so would do absolutely nothing (at best) and possibly trigger new issues (like chronic arthritis).

Some of the western vaccine projects use rarer strains or even modified monkey virus strains instead which no one should have an immunity to, but are harder to create and need a lot more testing to make sure are safe.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide