The Virus Outbreak Thread

Background Pony #EBAB
I wish Spring Break was cancelled in 2021. Is there any hope for the vaccines anymore? Rhetorical question by the way. The answer is no. No thanks to Florida’s Spring Break of stupidity. I knew that COVID-19 will never go away……. It’s over.
Background Pony #8FB3
Florida’s Covid numbers, despite not locking down, are still lower then NY and only a little higher then California. Stop whining about how the sky is falling.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #8FB3

Florida’s numbers themselves are low.

Florida isn’t the issue, or well not in this specific instance. These people could all be gathering in the Dakota badlands or Virginia Beach, that’s not the point.

The problem is you have near on a million people from all over the country defying social distancing and mask rules, who will invariably have infected among them, who will then spread it to a large number of revelers. Who themselves will then take it back to their communities.
Background Pony #8FB3
@Zincy  
And if that happens you’ll see a jump in Florida as well. I’m not particularly concerned about it. Florida has been open for months now and has been successful relative to other states.
Background Pony #88CC
@RD4590  
A. Yes, and I don’t believe Floridians are some sort of super species able to withstand COVID better then the rest of us.  
B. Not trustworthy to you, because it is inconvenient.
Background Pony #EBAB
@RD4590  
And for times like this, I hate being right about this nightmare not going to end. Because a lot of people are stupid as always. No matter how hard we tried, this pandemic will always bounce back, and it’ll never go away. And again, I hate being right. To be honest, I just wish that I was proven to be wrong. But no. I was right, and I don’t like it.
Background Pony #7E4D
Florida’s numbers themselves are low.
Florida isn’t the issue, or well not in this specific instance. These people could all be gathering in the Dakota badlands or Virginia Beach, that’s not the point.
The problem is you have near on a million people from all over the country defying social distancing and mask rules, who will invariably have infected among them, who will then spread it to a large number of revelers. Who themselves will then take it back to their communities.

It’s a great THUNDERDOME for all the different strains to duke it out for superiority, too!
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
And America has done 381 million tests (115% of population) yet over 30000 people still get tested positive everyday.
Background Pony #09C1
@RD4590  
Well, Miami is like a party town and a tourist attraction, so…

Though to their credit, there at least trying to enforce curfew.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide