The Virus Outbreak Thread

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

Wouldn’t that crash their economy? As an outsider, my understanding is that Florida’s primary exports are weird shit and retirement homes.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@Ebalosus  
They also have Orlando, which is pretty much the amusement park capital of the United States of America, since a lot of the major amusement parks like Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, Sea World, etc. are in the Orlando area.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
So from what I can tell by reading the news the whole hotel quarantine fiasco happened because the government hiring prioritised racial diversity over actual qualifications, so the unqualified guards did things like let people out to get coffee and give people food they were allergic to, turning things into a Fawlty Towers darkfic. Then a toddler infected with the virus went delusional from it and painted the walls with their shit, after which they were sent outside so the staff could clean up their mess, during which they infected several people leading to the second wave responsible for 90% of Australia’s cases and fatalities, and probably about 50% in a country located entirely in the Southern Hemisphere (Brazil crosses the Equator), at least, that’s my interpretation.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Zamasu
@Wiimeiser  
Ah, yes! One of the things in the world that makes you more racist when you try to appear to be less racist.

In all seriousness, though, I hate it when governments and corporations impose “diversity quotas,” especially during a pandemic when your qualifications (or lack thereof) mean the difference between life and death.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

Holy shit! You’re right. It also lends credence to the idea that the virus was man-made, except it was made by the US…as a means to further enrich the retirement and funeral industries.

I’m kidding of course. I know a few people from Florida, and they’re really nice, so I hope that their parents and grandparents are doing alright.

@Wiimeiser

Reminds me of the quarantine shitshow here in NZ, where it seems to be luck-based more than anything else.
Registered Anon
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Squirrel - Had a squirrel badge before it was cool

Drama in the comments
@Goku Black  
I can see why “affirmative action” or whatever they’re calling it these days exists but it doesn’t fix the root of the problem and there are other pressing issues right now.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Virginia, through concerted effort and sacrifice, has finally gotten below the 5% positivity mark. As of writing, we are at 4.7. We also have a relatively low hospitalization rate for our population size.

One of our worst areas is Accomack and Northampton (the little peninsula). Which shouldn’t come as a surprise, cause they’re all idiots. That’s the part of Virginia that has an island literally sinking into the ocean and whose fishing industry was devastated in the 90’s by pollution…who all vehemently deny that pollution is bad and that climate change is a thing.

So, fuck ’em.
Background Pony #5CA8
I will never understand peoples’ inability to follow guidelines on wearing a mask in places like the store.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

U mad?
I’ll never understand why people think wearing a mask in a restaurant until you start eating is going to work. If the virus is present you’re fucked as soon as you take yours off so what’s the point?
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I was importing stuff from Italy,one of the hardest hit countries,right when all this started. I have been sick a few times,but I don’t know if it was a strain if covid or not.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

U mad?
Some business news:

Tsunami of hotel closures is coming  
The Crowne Plaza in Addison, TX (HarmonyCon, Nightmare Nights) was one of the first victims.

Sports clubs in danger.

Churches donating to save other churches  
There’s still going to be a large amount of closures though.

Dallas events company Freeman extends furloughs during decimated convention industry.  
Resheduled LA Comic Con may not happen.  
Virus rules lock out customers at small business fair.  
I’m still convinced we’ve seen the end of cons and concerts. Topeka wants to have an air show next June in conjunction with the annual “Country Stampede” concert, but I doubt they’ll happen.

And Uber and Lyft have taken major hits during this, on top of all of the other closures that have happened.  
And I don’t think it’s going to end anytime soon. No I’m not getting my hopes up for a vaccine. There’s several other Corona type viruses that have been around a lot longer, and none have had an effective one made.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@lonewolf

Tbf, there’s a reason for that.

There has never (aside from MERS) been any impetus to develop a vaccine for most corona viruses. Sars-Covid is the first one to reach truly pandemic levels in modern history (the first Sars came close, but burned out), and has significantly more interest focused on it in terms of vaccine development.

Life will eventually bounce back to a semblance of normality. There will be some lasting changes, but this is hardly the first pandemic humanity has weathered.

I expect masks and relaxed social distancing will be a more normal sight for the next 4 or 5 years, but either through vaccination or attrition, covid will wane.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

The problem is that their system perversely incentivises that, because they can’t criticise the central government, so shit rolls downhill to the provincial governors. If the provincial governors report good news, they’re rewarded, but if they report bad news, their position is jeopardised, thus they are incentivised to suppress bad news, like I don’t know…doctors at a local hospital reporting a new and potentially dangerous new virus infecting some of their patients.
MagpulPony
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Fuck Russia
@Ebalosus  
The high ups in the Chinese government were very well aware of all the details, they punished those that spoke out and tried to suppress it, and the world payed for it.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
Arthur released a psa about wearing masks. It was really good,but I’m a bit distracted by how they’re still using the same stock music after all these years,and how much older Muffy occasionally sounds.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide