The Virus Outbreak Thread

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

The people with the weakest immune system, like the elders, seems to have the severe effects so I still wouldn’t bother changing my mind looking to get shotted by any of these vaccines that would arrive here first.

Unless there’s another news other than this.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
You do realize that both it and the Moderna vaccine use an almost functionally identical system?
The key differences are in the stabilizing agents, some of the additives, and the production and storage methods.
All the data I’ve seen would indicate that their efficacy rates are nearly identical, only varying by at most 2% between them. Both are on average over 90% effective, and both have their pros and cons. Moderna can be stored at higher temperatures and remain stable longer, pfizer’s has more restrictive storage but the time between injections is much shorter and the doses are lower.
As for the allergic reactions to it, a report from December found 21 confirmed cases of anaphylaxis from the Pfizer vaccine, out of over 1.8 million initial doses. With the likely factor being one of the stabilizing additives. Moderna has had confirmed reactions as well, most notably a doctor from Boston. And while less than Pfizer, there have also been less shots in the arm of Moderna, so that number is likely to increase.
I know you are desperate to confirm your biases, I get that, but this is just nonsense.
Both vaccines are safe and effective, and both of them in tandem will help get us through this nightmare. Drop the false narratives and accept reality.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Meanlucario  
Is it really that hard to Google all the bad reactions and side effects to it? Rather than go one by one posting links at 5am on my old ass phone since my main one broke. But I’ll do it later if you want.
Background Pony #B962
You guys seem pretty informed of the vaccines and the Coronavirus in general, does anybody have info of the russian Sputnik V (That russian vaccine)? Most of the information I find seems to be contradictory.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

@MagpulPony

“I shall make broad claims, claim the media will not tell you the truth, and then demand you to Google it. I am the best debater in the world”.

Claims require evidence. If you are incapable of providing it due to the technical limitations of your device, do not make claims. Or, be prepared to be chastised and dismissed for failing to back up what you say.
some-guy
Dree Deray - For supporting the site
Twilight! - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter

I got convinced that covid is bullshit due to knowing many people that had it and didn’t get sick, now I have a relative in her 40s that has it and is the sickest she’s ever been in her life….. I don’t know what to believe anymore, tempted to buy overpriced N95s.
some-guy
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
Not sure about the virus but the lockdowns definitely made me become a lot more of an alcoholic. I’ve noticed If I don’t drink I sleep about 3 hours and tend to be very bipolar througout the day.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
An increase in transmissionability will lead to higher death tolls than a net increase in deadliness. Provided the net increase isn’t something ludicrous.

A 5% increase in the likelihood for a patient to die (note, this is not referring to overall fatality rate calculations, just the likelihood for severe cases to die) will have fewer deaths if the transmission rate stays the same as compared to an increased transmission without an increase in deadliness.

And that’s what we are seeing with the new variants. They’re not more deadly wholesale, but more people will die.

This is due to the fact that even if a virus is more deadly, that doesn’t mean much if it also can’t travel as far and as fast as a less deadly, but more prolific, variant.
some-guy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Living life as normal was taken for granted. Corona will never go away, vaccine or not just like common colds and the flu. I’m wondering what life will be like 5-10 years from now.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
In Malaysia, the government has declared an emergency due to so many infections.

Some states (like Selangor and Kuala Lumpur, the capital) are under a lockdown, so people cannot dine out and malls can only sell groceries. Others (like Negeri Sembilan, where I live) are under a smaller lockdown, so people there can eat at restaurants and Starbucks. In spite of this, many Malaysians stayed at home to avoid being infected.

The lockdown might last until February or (for the emergency) August.
Wiimeiser
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I’m currently under forced quarantine until I get the results of a test back. Hopefully I’m negative, and the throat symptoms I had Sunday morning were just allergies…
RD4590
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
An increase in transmissionability will lead to higher death tolls than a net increase in deadliness. Provided the net increase isn’t something ludicrous.
A 5% increase in the likelihood for a patient to die (note, this is not referring to overall fatality rate calculations, just the likelihood for severe cases to die) will have fewer deaths if the transmission rate stays the same as compared to an increased transmission without an increase in deadliness.
And that’s what we are seeing with the new variants. They’re not more deadly wholesale, but more people will die.
This is due to the fact that even if a virus is more deadly, that doesn’t mean much if it also can’t travel as far and as fast as a less deadly, but more prolific, variant.

Thank you.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide