The Virus Outbreak Thread

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I personally never ruled out the possibility of it being man made.
Just found it not too likely or at the very least not something that was intentionally released upon the world.
Lol, if China intended for it to be a weapon they’d make it much more controllable and would’ve totally unleashed it on those Hong Kong protestors first.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@CaptainXtra
I don’t think it’s man made personally, just something that was mishandled and then China did everything they could to cover it up after it broke out.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Researchers have been saying afaik that It was either the wet markets or the virus getting out of a lab. In the latter case it was being researched or experimented on but was never a bio weapon like conspiracy theorists like to claim
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@some-guy
Considering the deaths that could have been avoided if people who are able to be vaccinated did get vaccinated, I see it as the dead getting their revenge.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@some-guy
Freedom shouldn’t be allowed when said freedom harms others, and we are long past that point with this pandemic. We’re entering a recession because of it. At some point, good needs to stop being nice if it will cause more innocents to die needlessly.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I have little sympathy for the unvaxed should they fall ill.
After months and months of clear and present evidence of both the vaccines safety and effectiveness, coupled with the constant showing of just how dangerous this virus can be, at this point their deaths are completely their own faults.
Made even worse by how the social and economic situation continues to deteriorate due in large part to the unvaxed.
When innocent men and women are dying because they had to push back surgeries, cannot get into packed urgent care or ERs, or suffer from the ongoing shortage of blood and antibiotics, I have little care to feel sorry for some useless mook coughing up his own lung.
The point was never to eradicate the virus, something virtually impossible for one such as this.
The point was to inoculate a large enough percentage of the population that we force the virus to ground, reduce the severity of the surges, contain the social and economic damage, and reduce the chances of developing dangerous mutations.
And the larger the number of unvaxed, the more difficult that becomes.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@some-guy
You seem to not realize that protection covers prevention in the sense that if you get it, the vaccine causes it to die before it can take a hold of you. It’s what prevented me from becoming infected when I was with my cus before any of us (including him) learn he was infected days later. So yes, it does protect us from infection. No idea why you think the goal was to prevent it from reaching the USA in the first place.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
No one ever said the vaccine would completely prevent covid, unless you have a fundamental incompetence when it comes to understanding how percentages work.
And even by your own stupid logic there, that would mean that we would have been able to completely stop the pandemic if everyone took the vaccine.
The goal of the vaccine was everything I stated above, has been from the get go when docs and health professionals the world over kept saying “you can still get covid/it won’t fully end the pandemic on its own” as a caveat to the vaccines deployment.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide