Viewing last 25 versions of post by tehwatever in topic Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

[@Mikey](/forums/generals/topics/video-game-general-thead?post_id=5341412#post_5341412)
I still have to give FNaF its credit for having spawned NEW YT channels--the Theory / Lore / Horror game ARG Mystery Deep Dive channels.
Again. FNaF got the perfect storm. This time it's even MORE aware of the community's and particularly popular Theory personalities involvement in its success, and thus it, even more so than Amnesia, is making games *specifically* FOR said audience.

All of the subsequent FNaF titles have been *Theory Baits* and unashamedly so. Which means--and this is weird--most of my enjoyment from the FNaF franchise has actually NOT been from the games per se, but from watching and interacting with the FNaF theory community--which then introduced me to ARG in general, which now I'm a fan of.

[@Dustcan](/forums/generals/topics/video-game-general-thead?post_id=5341470#post_5341470)
As what it does to the *horror* genre, eh...horror has always been shifting considering the audience has changed a lot. Take Callisto Protocol. It's so firmly sticking to what it did before (Dead Space) in terms of scares, sound, timing, atmosphere, visuals...and was it *scary?* Well. Not really? Is it a horror game? Yes. Did it make the genre better? I don't think so.

Callisto Protocol is stuck in the Dead Space era. It kinda doesn't have a place in the post-FnaF audience.
No reason given
Edited by tehwatever