Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
And Luna dead. It’s okay though, she was ugly.
Boy am I happy Earth and humanity is now safe. Time to play the dlc.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
There’s this upcoming indie game that I’m interested in, I forgot the name (only found out about it on TikTok) but it’s inspired by Paper Mario, down to having the classic RPG elements that the series stupidly moved away from.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Chippin’ In
As much as I didn’t want to, I had to bust out a guide on two occasions so far in my run through Silent Hill 2. Ironically, both were for the apartments: the first was because I got stuck and couldn’t figure out where to go (it turns out that meeting Eddie unlocks a previously locked door), and the other was for the coin puzzle. Once I wrap up this game, I think I’m going to set the puzzle difficulty to Easy for 3.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
And done with Dead Space 3.
Honestly? It was much better than I expected. For these last 10 years (dang, it’s already 10yo) I was convinced it was a pretty mid game. But no, it’s very much on par with its predecessors. What changes there are to the overall gameplay is actually fairly minute and not really for the worse per se.
Even the co-op actually improves the experience. My only gripe is that you technically have to play the game 3 times to get the “full” experience to see how the game changes, a single player playthrough, a coop playing as Isaac and a coop as Carver. But that’s only because the game is smart in how it handles the coop. It’s not tacked on or hackneyed, the players legit sees different things based on who’re they’re playing as. Frequently, say, Carver will have hallucinations. Which makes sense as Isaac made himself resistant to Maker influence at the end of DS 2. In gameplay terms this means that the person playing as Isaac will see Carver stand still and clutch his head at points, and Isaac will have to fend off a wave of necromorphs as the Carver player has their own short but exclusive little story beats. Neither player can see what the other is doing or seeing in their hallucinations, so it really drives home the point that these guys really are seeing their own ghosts. Not many games actually commit to the concept like this one does, and I respect it.
Also I was turned off on the idea of weapon crafting being introduced. But honestly? After trying it out I prefer it to the previous entries of finding prefabbed guns ready to go. There’s a surprising variety of combinations and variations you can do, but it’s much simpler than it seems at first glance. It more or less boils down to “pick an ammo type, pick a fire rate, maybe slap on bonus effects”.
As for the story, 10 years ago it kind of sucked to hear the series concludes with the bad ending. Everyone dies. But honestly after all this time I kind of like it. Having accepted that the series was cancelled, it makes me appreciate the downer of an ending. A lot of games like to ape cosmic horror and other Lovecraftian aesthetics, but this series actually commits and says that yeah, space is scary AF and humanity’s only defense is not getting noticed in the first place. If the series had continued then I would say it should’ve let us have a happy ending. But since it didn’t ending with humanity getting eaten is serendipitous.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
The Unreal Engine editor has beaten the Starcraft II Cutscene Editor and the Dark Reign 2 editor for the worst editor to ever exist. It’s basically unusable. All I could do was delete the frame that appears at the start, and now I can’t get it back through any means, it just can’t be done. While I can place, move and delete objects, that’s about it. It’s literally unusable, and I’m not misusing the word “literally” here.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Apparently all of Chrono Trigger’s achievements are tied to it’s different endings. Do they require things done across a playthrough or some choice close to the end?
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
Pretty much every ending keys off of when and how you go after Lavos. Technically you can march straight into the final boss battle at almost any time in the game, including the very start, but Lavos will most assuredly hand you your head if you’re not level 40+ (and rocking endgame gear) and he remains a tough fight until level 60 or so.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
All of Frictional’s library is $12.34 on Steam right now. Great deal, has all the previous Amnesias, SOMA and Penumbra collection.
Terton
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Barghest Best Girl
Last Paladin mount obtained, just gotta get the two Gunbreaker ones now and that’ll be all 8 tank mounts done.
SDTwilan9X_
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Semidark Artist
large
“Downloadable via included code”
It’s not like Origins Plus was that appealing to begin with (only reason I was interested was because of the fact that I wanted a way to play the classics on the go without using my low-end phone), but this just seems like a huge slap in the face.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide