Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Meanlucario
Nah, it was actually great in the thing it did. Dark Descent spends So Much Time building the mood up. And the water thing? A distillation of some very potent primal terror, it’s like a nightmare you recognise every time you have it, but barely remember it otherwise.
Posted Report
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Meanlucario
I’m not saying it’s a masterpiece or revolutionary, but it’s still great.
@saby
The lack of jumpscares and no survival elements make it standout in my eyes. The horror genre is honesty still saturated with a lot of garbage.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
It is the only monster/creature in the game that can be “killed”, specifically by smashing a large barrel or crate on top of it. This will stop the Kaernk activity, and leave its yellowish blood in the water. This fact alone makes it the least dangerous monster in Amnesia series.
Posted Report
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Okay, Tale of Two Wastelands is pretty hard knowing that New Vegas content is included in the Capital Wasteland, so yeah, expect Talon/Regulator mercs using Combat Armor reforced Mk II
Posted Report
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Mikey
Xactly. Imo they just got lucky. Hit the perfect storm: Kinda coincided with the rise of youtube gaming channels.
Who’s the audience and what do they expect from them, is what I’m more interested in.
Amnesia Dev knows full well its legacy, and I’m just wondering if it actually has real hardcore fans that it’s catering to, or are just fans of certain content creators who would like their favorite creators play the game.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Mikey
That’s combat, not survival. Survival is preventing death outside of combat, like preventing your insanity meter from filling up in A:TDD.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

A LOT of the horror indie around the Horror Let’s Play era are half the time, frankly, LP Bait, and they follow the Amnesia formula.
There was a time when a lot of them was PT-clones.
Luckily for Horror LPers, FNAF showed up and from it more LP Baits are popping up.
Ngl? I miss em. I don’t like the games, but I liked watching LPs of games I know are trash and will never play.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
FNaF is good for just how it can innovate on a simple concept over and over. The series wasn’t content with just releasing a “new” game with just a touch up on graphics to show for it, every one feels different while still keeping the core concept alive.
But yes, it really has hurt the horror genre overall without meaning to. One the one hand, it helped kick off a renaissance of indie games, but on the indie horror front it means a flow of Follow The Leader games if not outright copycats.
It’s not as bad as it was a couple years ago, but you still see a lot of indie horror games are “children’s horror” where child mascots are made into monsters out to jumpscare you.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
Is “children’s horror” really that bad of a sub-genre?
Also I’ve seen variois definitions on what “kids horror” is supposed to mean. Is it just like horror games aimed at kids, or is it for games with the premises of “cute cartoony mascot wants to murder you”?
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan
I find it unfair to blame the original for the copycats. Though it doesn’t help that, as far as I’m aware, Scott doesn’t stop people from using FNAF as inspiration for their works unless it’s practically a copy.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
What Wyrmspawn said.
Nah FNaF isn’t to blame for copycats.
It did inspire a deluge of them, but that’s kinda out of its control and is just what happens with something blows up like FNaF did.
It’s basically like Joss Whedon and the MCU. His films are good, but they caused some pretty big harm going forward as now everything after tries to be them.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Mikey
I still have to give FNaF its credit for having spawned NEW YT channels–the Theory / Lore / Horror game ARG Mystery Deep Dive channels.
Again. FNaF got the perfect storm. This time it’s even MORE aware of the community’s and particularly popular Theory personalities involvement in its success, and thus it, even more so than Amnesia, is making games specifically FOR said audience.
All of the subsequent FNaF titles have been Theory Baits and unashamedly so. Which means–and this is weird–most of my enjoyment from the FNaF franchise has actually NOT been from the games per se, but from watching and interacting with the FNaF theory community–which then introduced me to ARG in general, which now I’m a fan of.
@Dustcan
As what it does to the horror genre, eh…horror has always been shifting considering the audience has changed a lot. Take Callisto Protocol. It’s so firmly sticking to what it did before (Dead Space) in terms of scares, sound, timing, atmosphere, visuals…and was it scary? Well. Not really? Is it a horror game? Yes. Did it make the genre better? I don’t think so.
Callisto Protocol is stuck in the Dead Space era. It kinda doesn’t have a place in the post-FnaF audience.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide