Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

If Callisto Protocol came out late 2019 / early 2020 when Among Us was the meme, I personally would have considered Among Us to be a scarier experience. And I’m speaking as a Dead Space (1 and 2) fan, who regularly tell ppl who never played Horror games that Dead Space, is PEAK sci-fi action horror, that holds up rather well even today.
Posted Report
Kazapsky
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Five scoops of ice cream
Sooooo … I need some advice on a new gaming rig.
The problem:
Much as I love my old Windows 7 box, fact of the matter is it’s dying. Time to bite the bullet and learn to put up with Windows 11. Sticking point is, the nearest place that sells gaming-grade hardware is a 2-hour drive, so I really need to get this right the first time, and make whatever I buy last.
Oh, and there’s the slight issue that processor/graphics card specs are baffling to me. Like they’re not even actual specs, they’re alphanumeric designations for a component model and you’re supposed to be psychic and know which models are newer/more powerful. A hardware guru I am not.
What I’m looking for:
Honestly Final Fantasy 14 is the only “new” game that interests me. Of course, that’s an MMO, so requirement creep is practically inevitable. So basically, I need something that runs FF14 smoothly (like moderate graphics settings or better) with room to spare for, er, “future-proofing”, if that makes any sense.
I guess the point of this post is to hopefully get some concrete, layman-friendly examples of “good, better, best” when it comes to which combinations of parts make the shiny stuff happen on the screen. Something I can refer to when I’m in the store and need to know what letter/number combo refers to which weight class of hardware.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Kazapsky
Like Goku Black said.
Anyway.
If gaming’s your primary need then the GPU will most likely your most important component, with the CPU being strong enough to not bottleneck your performance.
Best, Money and Availability no issue: RTX 4090, RX 7090XT
Best, widely available: RTX 3080, RX 6090XT
Better, popular high end cards just a step shy of being the best: RTX 3070, RX 6800XT
Most popular cards because they’re amazing value for their performance: RTX 3060 (and its TI version).
Budget: RX 6600xt, RX6600.
I will not consider a RTX 3050 for future proofing.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The Planetary Diversity mod in stellaris comes with a neat feature.
Necro Worlds. If you have the reanimators civic that let’s you be space necromancers you can get access to a special terraforming building called a necrotic temple. Turns the whole world into an undead necropolis with a graphic and tileset reminiscent of a Necron tomb world.
You get a large undead army on it, bonus research, bonus necromancers, and only your primary species can live on it and get a 100% habitability regardless of what the planet type was.
Goes well with my superweapon that turns everyone on a planet into an undead thrall.
Posted Report
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

So in hindsight we can all tell Digimon would have done well to pick a style and stick with it between the og Digimon world games, which one do you think would have been the most successful foundation for the franchise?
Posted Report
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Mikey
Never been a fan of FNAF, not because of his impact on the genre or public perception…the gameplay itself feels like “stand in a place, check cameras and use one or two ocasional modifications here and there”.
Maybe it’s my hyperactivity, but I never felt attracted to a gameplay that feels so…well, limiting.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Since I participated in the last event tourney in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Original Class of ‘64), I thought I’d share what my mains will be in each “Smash debut” tourney:
  1. 64: Kirby
  2. Melee: Bowser
  3. Brawl: Sonic
  4. 4: Pac-Man
  5. Ultimate: Daisy
Posted Report
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
@Kazapsky
Like Goku Black said.
Anyway.
If gaming’s your primary need then the GPU will most likely your most important component, with the CPU being strong enough to not bottleneck your performance.
Best, Money and Availability no issue: RTX 4090, RX 7090XT
Best, widely available: RTX 3080, RX 6090XT
Better, popular high end cards just a step shy of being the best: RTX 3070, RX 6800XT
Most popular cards because they’re amazing value for their performance: RTX 3060 (and its TI version).
Budget: RX 6600xt, RX6600.
I will not consider a RTX 3050 for future proofing.
This is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for. Thanks!
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega
I disagree. Variety is one of the strengths of Digimon games. It was also their default name for translations until De:Digitize decided to return to form for World, so games like Digimon DS and Dusk/Dawn are Digimon Story games.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Forspoken is getting mixed reviews. Consensus is that the gameplay is…fine. Just okay, nothing remarkable. But it seems to be poorly optimized across all platforms.
Man, “isekai” and “good” continues to be oxymorons.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide