Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I’m watching old Nintendo commercials, and it just occurred to me that this year is the 20th anniversary of “Mario Kart: Double Dash!!”.
Drive, throw stuff… SWITCH!!!
Posted Report
Background Pony #EB5A
Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn goes for $3,000 on Amazon.
…I don’t really need BOTH my kidneys, right?
Posted Report
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Besides Final Fantasy 14, is there any good Pay2Play MMORPGs out there? I have fond memories of Aion and Rift before they opened the flood gates by making them F2P.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Calling it for the movie: that Toad who explains how to make the NES cartridge work (by “blowing into it”, which isn’t recommended anymore as that actually damages the pins further) must be one of Martinet’s cameos.
Posted Report
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Mikey
If most of a franchise is a projectile based / hitbox based battle system, imagine expecting the same when an online version of that franchise that it has a similar battle system? The team in question doesn’t matter. I was really excited about the game, for Elder Scrolls Online, what we got was “Generic MMO #462”.
And its not like games like Tera didn’t exist already that a combat system more similar to Elder Scrolls.
ESO also seems to adapt both P2P and F2P elements with Premium Monthly Pass aswell as many many F2P elements like crates and lots of items to pay for which in a regular game you would earn ingame normally. Just a lot of red flags.
I guess its semantically not one specific meaning: With Pay2Play i mean monthly payments. From experience it makes for A MUCH better playing experience as it keeps out annoying people and bad actors. The issue with pay once to play is that these games have the same terrible F2P systems that make these games just un-fun by design unless you regularly open your wallet to much higher payments that P2P monthly games require.
Background Pony #EB5A
Hot take: Nintendo doesn’t need an achievement/trophy system.
I have never cared about getting an achievement in any game I’ve played.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide