About the 2023 Derpibooru Community Collaboration badge...a little request

πŸ‚Ύπ•ƒπ•šπ•Ÿπ•”π• π•π•Ÿπ”Ήπ•£π•–π•¨π•€π•₯π•–π•£π”½π•’π•ŸπŸ‚½
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
I wasn’t sure where to ask as I am not sure who is in control of creating the Collab badges, so I’m posting a general request:
This site has been a huge inspiration to me as an artist the past three years I’ve been a member… and I was wondering if I could honor all of you at Derpibooru by being allowed to create the badge for the 2023 Collab this year. :)
I’d be open to any general theme suggestions - but I really wanted to give this great website something back, for how much you guys have been a part of my life. :D
If someone on staff sees this, can you please let me know? Would love to give this wonderful gift to you guys. Thanks πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@☬ αα†αα¨αŽΎααα°α’αŽ¬αŽ³α•αŽΏαŽ¬α’αŽ±αŽ―α ☬
I think perhaps the best way to do this is if you created an image and shared it with staff on Discord. Perhaps in the Ban-Appeal channel so that the actual badge design is a secret until it’s announced, then everyone on staff would be able to vote on it.
Without that, while I’m certain everyone is extremely honored and very much would like you to do this, it’s hard to give you the go ahead. It’s always easier if we can see the thing first.
Please remember to choose whether it’s a badge for participants, or a badge for artists who help.
And, if you have the tools, please make the resulting image an SVG. This is what badges need to be for scaling and integration with the site.
If you can’t do it in SVG, please do one anyway in whatever medium you normally work with - if the design is chosen then someone on staff can then vector it.
Just so you know more about the background, what often happens with badges is that during the event we talk about what badges might be, and compare ideas and possible images as inspiration, and then someone volunteers to create the badges itself. Then folks with more experience with SVGs and getting badges integrated with the site optimize it.
So, even when we β€˜have the badge’, there’s often one or two more weeks of integration and testing and getting the badge deployed before anyone ever sees it in the wild.
I’ve created a badge, too, and found the entire process extremely interesting. It’s not just pretty pictures :) There’s a lot behind the scenes that gets badges β€˜in the system’.
Good luck, and I look forward to what you create :)
πŸ‚Ύπ•ƒπ•šπ•Ÿπ•”π• π•π•Ÿπ”Ήπ•£π•–π•¨π•€π•₯π•–π•£π”½π•’π•ŸπŸ‚½
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
I think perhaps the best way to do this is if you created an image and shared it with staff on Discord. Perhaps in the Ban-Appeal channel so that the actual badge design is a secret until it’s announced, then everyone on staff would be able to vote on it.
Without that, while I’m certain everyone is extremely honored and very much would like you to do this, it’s hard to give you the go ahead. It’s always easier if we can see the thing first.
Please remember to choose whether it’s a badge for participants, or a badge for artists who help.
And, if you have the tools, please make the resulting image an SVG. This is what badges need to be for scaling and integration with the site.
If you can’t do it in SVG, please do one anyway in whatever medium you normally work with - if the design is chosen then someone on staff can then vector it.
Just so you know more about the background, what often happens with badges is that during the event we talk about what badges might be, and compare ideas and possible images as inspiration, and then someone volunteers to create the badges itself. Then folks with more experience with SVGs and getting badges integrated with the site optimize it.
So, even when we β€˜have the badge’, there’s often one or two more weeks of integration and testing and getting the badge deployed before anyone ever sees it in the wild.
I’ve created a badge, too, and found the entire process extremely interesting. It’s not just pretty pictures :) There’s a lot behind the scenes that gets badges β€˜in the system’.
Good luck, and I look forward to what you create :)
Thanks Ciaran :)
I didn’t have an idea about what to make the theme of the badge yet, but maybe I’ll post this question in that thread you mentioned and see if anyone has got some suggestions :3
I’d probably just do the badge for participants, and someone else can do the helping one - wouldn’t want to hog both of them 3:
I upload SVG-exclusive for everything now so that wouldn’t be a problem :)
Where’s the Ban Appeal channel btw?

Goodbye guys ;)
It looks like someone replied to you there, but you must have missed the message. If you didn’t see it, please let me know and I’ll PM you the info. Basically, folks are still talking about it.
I’d appreciate that a lot, thank you :3
For some reason ban appeals history isn’t visible to me - it says I don’t have permission to access it :o I don’t know if there’s a certain requirement needed to see it’s history :o
I’d appreciate the PM though thanks :3
Posted Report
Posted Report
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide