An Announcement from Derpibooru's Staff

Background Pony #8A2E
@John Sheppard  
Obviously I can only go by what’s publicly available, but I wrote this in another thread:

Looking through the DNPs around 70 DNPs were made in the timeframe of the anti-censorship thread. Not all were due to the censorship but more were. It does not seem as though any of the pro-censorship DNPs have gone through yet, however there are only 66 reports listed on the stats page. I doubt every one of them is a pro-censorship DNP, at most probably about the same percentage as the anti-censorship ones (which is maybe 75%?). Not to mention that there could still be anti-censorship DNPs included in that number.

This is assuming the outstanding reports number is accurate on the stats page.
Warrior_Kitten
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Electric Bulwark
Honestly, at its core, this is a community driven by ponies. I frankly don’t give a shit whether or not you support nazis, Trump, left, right, or w/e the fuck other political terms I don’t know nor care about, if you’re in this community you’re in it for ponies.

This site, is not for anything political. At least it shouldn’t be. This should be a site for posting pony art. That’s it. If your pony art is political in nature, go somewhere else, I don’t want to see it. Frankly, the nature of ponies in MLP does not allow them to be political in the ways that have been shown. I mean, sure, artistic freedom, you can portray ponies however you like, you can make your own OC’s however you like, but don’t ruin it for everyone else for god’s sake.

Of course, you can’t be super strict about it. There’s a limit. I mean, as said, artistic freedom. People will draw ponies dying and others will like it for varying reasons. But there’s an easy way to filter this; if it involves a real-world subject i.e. real-world politics. No. There’s a time and a place for real-world politics, and the place should never be a community about talking pastel ponies. Derpibooru as a site should not allow it. There’s going to be backlash for it - granted there’s going to be backlash no matter what you choose, but the site should make a decision on what they want; do they want to allow the racism, the nazi society, those kinds of postings and art and lose all the ‘good’/other artists? Become a site about those subjects as it will lead down that path? Or does it want to support the ‘good’ artists, remove the racism and other ‘bad’ subjects, lose the ‘bad’ artists?

Of course it’s never that black and white. But this site can make a choice to do better. Don’t become another Reddit or similar image board.
Datte-Before-Dawn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Lady's Wink -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

Undesirable
@Derpy Whooves
Okay. Got any hard numberz? Not saying I don’t believe ya just wanna know
full

And total art affected on one side vs the other

Then again, I’m assuming the threats made by pro censorship people to strike the entire Patreon down and request a DMCA from the show staff were a stronger

Thing is tho, anti censorship movements were done entirely on site. Pro censorship shit had to get reinforcements from Twitter and other creepy crawly places. And we all know how loud those people get.
mycutiemarkisagun

I hope the anti-censorship dnp doesn’t give up because mods changed the rules for a few hour
The counter protest opened more DNPs in 4 hours than all of the anti-censorship protests combined across the entire run of that protest.
full
In fact, at this point, the counter protest has resulted in so many new DNPs and takedowns just tonight that anyone who wants to break it harder will have to wait in line for days - maybe WEEKS - for me to clear a space for them to even get a chance to get into line to break it.

heh

imagine believing that artist types don’t lean left as a general rule

its like being shocked that there are conservatives in the military
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Peace to all
@Mittsies  
Also this. It would be interesting to see as generally uproar has happened against censorship in the past. Though I’d be careful not to go Not True Scotsmen on them.
Background Pony #8E94
I’ll drop hardcore redpills about the ancient Hebrews before that happens.
Like the original shoah, their own innocence: They perpetrated the genocide of their own cousins the Canaanites so the Cult of Yah could make the world forget that Elyon, Asherah, and Ba’al Hadad ever existed. And thus, Jesus is the son of the equivalent of Ares, has a grandfather, and his convenant floats on an ocean of blood. And from that it stands to reason that Christianity, Judaism and Islam all are heresy.
Sure you want to go down that path? I can talk about it for hours.

And who knows how they butchered planetary magic?  
full
Afterrain
Artist -

Allow All Art or None
@Warrior_Kitten  
And then the definition of “political” gets changed around to suit things you like and don’t like. The last couple seasons of MLP have been very obvious in their hamfisted political message; should we ban the show?  
Either allow all pony content or allow none. No middle ground. Not hard.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Derpy Whooves
might be time for me to remaster that picture

It has an energy though that is really special. A roughness, like a gesture sketch, and that gives it a lot of life. I mean, yeah - better gooder funner. But there’s something gritty and naughty in a quick sketch that is sometimes hard to preserve in a finished work.

But I look forward to seeing what you do :)
Harmony Gladebloom
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
Hoo boy, there’s no way I’ll be able to read through this entire thread and get to sleep at a reasonable hour; I’m already up far too late as it is!  
Regardless, I’d like to say my piece in that what’s most important to me is that the community persists as one and doesn’t tear itself apart during these turbulent times.

@Blossomforth  
Any changes to the rules going forward will be announced and open to comments from the community before they are implemented.
Any decisions made going forward will be made with full community involvement. We want to hear from our community about what our rules should be, to ensure that any decisions made ware the best for the community. These decisions will no longer be made by a small group of staff members.

These are good to hear, and perhaps this clusterfyay might finally come to a close now.

@Parasprite  
I sincerely thank you for the role you surely played in helping to resolve this crazy debacle, alongside anybody else who may have contributed. My heart goes out to you and all the others who were caught up in this mess.

That being said, this thread looks like fun. Maybe I’ll join the fun tomorrow if possible, but I’ll be reading through then either way.
Potluck

stupid little brat
@Derpy Whooves  
I hate to say it, but that gives me both hope and encouragement that we’ll see better days soon. That’s a lot of very good people, who want the best for their community.

It shouldn’t have had to come to this point. I know I’m not the sort to back down when I feel I’m doing the right thing, and I know my words are likely dismissed as insincere, but I am sorry for all the headaches your team is getting over this. Running Manechat is a piece of cake compared to what running Derpibooru must be like.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
But does she really wanna  
But can’t stand to see me walk out the door  
Don’t try to fight the feeling  
Because the thought alone is killin’ me right now  
Thank God for Mom and Dad  
For sticking to together  
Like we don’t know how
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: That's all for now