Viewing last 25 versions of post by SC Orion in topic Concerned Users of Derpibooru

SC Orion
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"[@Moonatik":](/forums/meta/topics/concerned-users-of-derpibooru?post_id=4839331#post_4839331
)  
I can see the point you make, but I don't think it's the argument that's being used in support of censoring her.

The way I see it (and I'm not saying your view is wrong, mind you. This is just my opinion, and I would like to hear more of your thoughts) is that if it is solely trivializing what the Nazis did, then the same can be applied to the likes of Stalin, or any OCs (and granted, I cannot think of any) that could represent Stalinist supporters (and I am not saying Aryanne is supporting Hitler, either; her meaning is subjective as to the viewer's impressions), and would be an argument for more censorship, not less. Because I support freedom and liberty, the right to express ideas, and oppose authoritarianism and censorship, I do not believe this argument should be used.

I have heard it said that the best way to fight fear is with laughter, and based on this, what better way to strip power from an ideology that uses hate (and fear) than to laugh at wacky portrayals of them? There is, to my knowledge, nothing that say the two concepts that "Nazis did horrible acts" and "Mocking something steals its power" cannot both be true at the same time.

Granted, I may be misunderstanding what you are aiming for. I would agree that trivializing what the Nazis did is wrong, but putting them on a pedestal where you cower in fear at what there were, I would argue, is also wrong.

In the interests of keeping this discussion focused on what can be done on the topic of resisting censorship on derpibooru, and to refrain from political or ideological sides, do you have any suggestions on what could be done to fight against censorship? I feel that nearly every idea has been discussed already, as I see only a few options as I have said before, but I would welcome more ideas.

Thank you for your response.

"

[
@doloresbridge":](/forums/meta/topics/concerned-users-of-derpibooru?post_id=4839347#post_4839347
)  
I suppose one framework that could be used to argue against censorship is that, as is evidenced by the threads and visible backlash, that censoring any opinions is, in of itself, divisive. This then could be taken to show that it is directly counter to core values of the show, which does not promote divisiveness.

I will concede that this argument itself has flaws, as backtracking on the decision now would also be divisive as people would be upset by this revision of policy that they view as positive.

Likewise, Background Pony #89B9 has a decent point in that derpibooru has no obligation to host views with which they disagree. I likewise believe it has been pointed out in the past of this thread that artists have no obligation to upload here, either, if they disagree with their views. However, this seems to lead to escalation, which could lead to further division within the community.

Perhaps the best solution would be to create a decentralized version of derpiboou, hosting art over several nodes (with the ability for anyone to host a node). Likewise, this system should be immune from censorship, as if one party blocsk content, another party should still have said content. I do not know the technical details of this, but I am aware that there are methods to do this. Blockchains/cryptocurrencies could conceivably play a role in this as well.
Reason: Clarifications
Edited by SC Orion