Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

derpibooru's badges

RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Lunarchow  
it is a great idea, but it would be better for badges for approx. 99% of the people, the ones who post or comment stuff. Shall be fun to come up with interesting ways to give props to people :D
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

ᗡ: 📶 📡
Hey I have a legit suggestion.

How about a Milestone Badge? An artist with a verified user link gets the badge if, say, there are 500 of his or her pictures uploaded on the site? This is regardless of who uploaded them or their rating, but maybe have a score level of like 50 to prevent spamming to get the badge.

I just think some artists slip under the radar because their stuff isn’t popular enough or are things that don’t tend to score high (grimdark, sad, etc), and having that big of a gallery here should be worth something I think.
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fluffiest
@40kponyguy  
Something like ‘user has made 10k+ comments’ or something.  
(A number I totally did not pick because I would self-qualify of course.)  
(Though I may have checked my own comment count just for a benchmark because I comment way too much.)
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Keith Mowz

The problem is that if we went by numbers, it could be easily exploited by shitposters. a comment badge looks like a good idea, but we need to find a way to give them that disqualifies shitposters from having it.
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fluffiest
@Blissey1  
^ I thought that would have been obvious. I’m sure we already have rules against shitposting.  
The closest we have is stuff like the timewasting thread and whatnot, but forum posts are a different post count than image comments.
40kponyguy
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@Mildgyth  
I think the badge should be for anyone posting more than… say… 500 comments in under a month.

That actually disqualifies me, as I usually only post around 300 ish comments a month.

Edit: I think the badge should be given if someone nominates the recipient. That could stop spamming to get the Chatterbox badge.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Mildgyth  
a shitposter should still deserve it because they are indeed a “chatterbox”

I vote for this badge. I like rewarding people who put work into comments, regardless of how others view them!
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -

@RainbowDash69  
you know as opposed as I am to badges, at least uploading does deserve its credit, as uploading is not often the most enjoyable thing to do and uploading new images represents a positive effect on the site.

so, because commenting and posting is such a FFA that has no bars required the way image uploading does, I give a definitive No to this particular idea.. Awarding based on comment numbers presents a prospect of managing people from this badge, which will be an infernal task on the Staff members of this site, given how much work there already is with reports, Artists and their DNP policies, as well as Dupe reports, as there will no doubt be hundreds of comments going to sanitation at a time, it’s all an even worse idea because it also provides little to no benefit as a result of this Ridiculous chase for the Badge, all it does is it will add a lot of worse comments made for the sheer scope of getting the high count towards the badge and more headaches to mods when dealing with said comments and commenters..  
And worse off? If we actually had that implemented by the Staff members themselves, that would be on their hands as a serious fuck up, because the incentive is clear there, to create massive numbers of comments and that can be done by any means necessary, without having to be clever, or hone any writing, social, or linguistic skills..

to put it short, Image uploads require a shit ton of sanitation before they’re even allowed to stay, ranging from Rule #1 which can extend to a lot of things artists won’t appreciate being posted here, starting from the very images they made, to Rule #6, which has to do with you recognizing stolen art and this being one of the most serious offenses done here.

Rule #6 tidbit:  
Images with sources, watermarks or banners promoting websites which do not source their material (including deviantART or Tumblr accounts that repost/claim/trace artworks without credit) will be deleted and their posters banned if they are repeat offenders

alternatively, the only suggestion I can give is something akin to DTK’s exact Greatest poster on the Board.  
The only reason this badge makes sense to me is because it rewards something that Staff members are going to be very Specific and very selective about, throwing away the automated nightmare of awarding comments via numbers alone and sanitizing them as well. This kind of ridiculously high aim badge has a sanitation which is the kind that will help people reach Good rewards, while also helping others trying to reach it grow into more sociable people from what they may have been yesterday, or last week, or last month, depending on how much this badge has sometimes made them think, “it wouldn’t hurt at least trying”.

is it a perfect badge/idea? probably not as many people will get jealous because of it and of people who have it, so if aimlessly crap shooting in comments is what works better, which I Still think it does despite all I said in that earlier paragraph about DTK’s badge, as a better community almost always results in a better incentive towards anyone becoming a much more healthy poster on the site, then yes, we absolutely need that. Something aimed towards the vast majority of people is going to be the hardest of ideas to balance, as with them come a ton of undesirable side effects that no one wants.
40kponyguy
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@toxicitzi  
I can understand why trying to get a chatterbox badge could cause problems with people just spam posting to try to earn the badge. I also suggested a way around that, in that it should be awarded by nomination only.  
The mods here probably have enough to worry about, without keeping track of who’s doing a lot of typing.

Not even sure what badges there are here any more. I know a lot of them, but many are not clear on how they are earned.  
(Some deliberately so, such as the “Mystery Badge” scroll).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide