Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

derpibooru's badges

Blossomforth
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Flexible - Bendy Pony

The Flexible One
@toxicitzi

Rule #6 is actually pretty rare. Usually rules #1, #3, and #5 are the reason that most images get deleted.

Likewise, the forums are not the Wild West - site rules still apply here, and it’s pretty common to receive reports on posts in the forum.

Trust me, if someone tried shitposting and spamming their way to a high quantity of forum posts, they’d get reported (and banned) plenty of times in the process.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@Blossomforth  
this is why I never mentioned Rule #5 in there, because when referring to a majority of people frequenting a site like this, unsurprisingly, they will not even so much as browse content reflecting that rule.

as for Rule #6, the problem here like with the one with #5 isn’t that it happens less frequently, it’s that there’s less stolen art than there is original art, obviously you’re not going to get nearly as many examples of that as you would, say, exploitable memes, or dupes.

I still hold my point that, comments and sanitation of comments will present a greater problem than the ones we have of images, because if images are anything to go by, you can only imagine how much will come as a result of comments being contenders for Ye Olde “X Number of things, to get this tiny piece of metal on your chest”, as numbers don’t reflect well on quality and the quality of the community. That quality is going to be determined 100% by the Staff members, simply because that’s how the badge system will work, but it will also inadvertently create more problems within the comment sections.
The Smiling Pony
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@wenni  
By volume and off the top of my head, it’s: 3, 5.1, 5.2, 0, 1.4-5, 1.1-3, 6, 5.3, 4.

I’m generally opposed to comment/forum post count badges unless we know the quality is “good”. By which I mean more than “Nice!”, “Best Pony”, etc. comments (which are the bulk of mine…) or treating the forums like a chat channel. If someone’s known for certain types of comments, maybe; like being able to explain science, historical, artistic things consistently and clearly, being helpful to new users by explaining things about the site or answering questions, giving helpful constructive criticism on art, etc.

Kraus’s badge is not representative of a progression, but a simple binary: you’re either The Greatest Poster in the Board, or you’re not Kraus.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
there’s a “greatest person on the forum” badge? I thought we didn’t like opinionated statements like that. I don’t even know who would deserve such a badge. well, regardless of quality, I still think it is worthwhile to reward those who are dedicated on this website.

similar to the abolishment of “upvotes galore.”
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -

Kraus’s badge is not representative of a progression, but a simple binary: you’re either The Greatest Poster in the Board, or you’re not Kraus.

dully noted, still, that won’t stop me from becoming the 2nd, or others from taking the mantles of the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th and finally 11th. Just because there is a greatest one doesn’t mean others can’t follow in his footsteps.

anyway, what I would consider more sensible badges for comments/forums are more akin with the Speaking fancy and Responsible Disclosure, these badges imo deserve recognition as they offer an aim towards something helpful and productive, both for the person getting it and the site.
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fluffiest
I’d like to add a bit in defense of rewarding good commenters, and even just okay commenters; As an artist, whenever I post something here its because I want to see people react to it and give me feedback. I can get a hundred upvotes on a piece but if no one says anything about it I feel let down regardless.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
I think a badge for frequent critiques could be beneficial. As in something awarded to people who regularly provide constructive and useful criticisms and suggestions on how to improve their art (either in the forums or in comments of images).

Of course, that would be a very discretionary badge, as it’d be almost impossible to set a measurable criteria for such a thing. Instead it’d be just a thing where people would either have to be nominated, or a mod would have to notice someone providing useful critique, and then there’d have to be some judgement on if the critique is good, valid, and respectful or not. But it could also encourage people to contribute feedback as well.
40kponyguy
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@Joey  
That sounds like something I try to do a lot.

I’ve been trying (with a little success) to pull together a group of known artists that post here, offering each other suggestions, tossing ideas about, pointing out things which could be improved upon, that sort of thing.

Mostly the group so far aren’t great artists, but all have shown a big improvement over their time here.
And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Mildgyth

Weird, it’s totally fine for me. And if you can see the rest, there’s no reason why the first should be different. Hmmm…

It’s a shame, because that one is the most “clear” badge. The others are kind of pushing it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide