Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

derpibooru's badges

ÄrkÿNóîd
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Question stuff and enjoy
@Joey

Only if they want to be exposed as the weak cowardly di¢ks they are. I mean you guys know the IPs the garbage is coming from right? Again the thought here being that the people we are talking about are regular users who’d use BP for insults and trash talk.
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fluffiest
@DanielTepesKraus  
Well, yeah. I love all of those concepts. It’s just a matter of staring at my sketchbook for like fifteen minutes trying to think of anything specific to draw and then give up. :V

(Actually that’s a lie, I haven’t even gotten as far as picking up my sketchbook in like two months.)
Xeram

Wasp Attractor
@ArkyNoid

I could have sworn there was already a “sock-puppet” badge that was literally a sockpuppet.  
Or maybe I was just having a fever dream.

Anyway, in the cases of these kinds of people, I think it would be far more painful to them if all their anon posts were de-anon’d. There should be a button for that I think really. Abuse anon to be a dick or sock-puppet, you lose the right to use it and all your previous bullshit is linked back to you directly.

These kinds of people are usually marked with duck badges denoting the sockpuppeting, but from what I’ve seen, they just stop posting non-anon entirely to get around being labeled a shitposter.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
Ya’ll realize we do take privacy seriously here, right? Even if someone is using anon to be an ass, it would be a very rare occurrence for us to publicly out them.
Xeram

Wasp Attractor
@Joey

I of course mean it as no small thing. Those I have in mind for such an extreme treatment are those who are the worst of the worst. Spending more time banned than not, rarely if ever contributing anything except trying to shit on others via anon or many accounts, not learning and immediately starting their behavior the moment they can access the ability to comment again, etc. Basically, individuals who simply don’t care if they’re banned or not.

In instances as such, public humiliation and being held accountable publicly for the shit one has tried to fling after being continually told to stop would be a more fitting, and effective, punishment than trying to silence them I believe. This of course, coming after they have made it clear they will try to carry on being an issue no matter what branding or warnings they have been given otherwise.

Edit: I mean the above with the retroactive exposure for those scraping the literal bottom of the shitbucket. Like so deep in it you’re trying to pry it off the bottom of the outside. The more mild/sensible option being to simply disallow anon posting from IPs for those who abuse it, without the retroactive exposure.

Though this is a thread about silly badges, this should probably be discussed elsewhere if at all.
The Green Meanie

Weapon: Paddle
@ArkyNoid  
Most ducks are proud, card-carrying shitposters and trolls who’s activity is public (certain ones even brag about it and label those who use bp as intended (or don’t have accounts) “anonymous cowards”). There’s a difference between marking a person who is an asshole, and outright violating privacy which, as Joey said, we take extremely seriously.
Joey
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Blissey1  
Ringo is never really anonymous though. His style of shitposting is unique enough that whenever he is hiding behind anon, we get 3-5 reports saying “I think this is Ringo again”.
The Green Meanie

Weapon: Paddle
@Blissey1  
Every line can be crossed. Honestly we don’t even like banning people all that much (we’d much prefer they take the warning to “knock that shit off” and behave themselves), but when someone won’t quit or crosses a line we’re more than happy to konk ’em one with the banhammer.
ÄrkÿNóîd
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Question stuff and enjoy
@The Green Meanie

This site has a privacy policy? I’m bad at navigation apparently.

If even one person got a duck badge without realizing why then the whole “we don’t call people out and most ducks are proud of it” thing goes out the window.
Xeram

Wasp Attractor
@Joey  
To be fair, the way we usually find out it’s Ringo is that he habitually goes and removes every “death” tag he can find it seems and then goes on a shitpost spree all at once shortly after, matching up the times of the tag edits to the whiny shitposting is usually what reveals him, not the content itself sometimes. He’s been trying to vary his typing style we noticed once he started getting caught more often. Sometimes we wouldn’t have even guessed it was him (or indeed, have guessed that others who aren’t him were) occasionally.

Frankly, with him just removing his ability to post from anon from his IP(s) would probably curb his shit to nothing, but I could see him trying to circumvent that even to be a twat from anon more and that’s where the line gets crossed I believe.
ÄrkÿNóîd

Question stuff and enjoy
@liamwhite1

WHAT are you talking about? You come along and change the subject I guess and call me a straw-man arguer. Your associates were saying that the point isn’t to call out people then you basically say something that validates what I feel does indeed amount to a call out. Is there a problem here?

Please clarify.
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@ArkyNoid  
You seem to be pretty persistent that we either call out, publicly shame, or otherwise identify who is behind anon posting. Let me just clear this up so there’s no misunderstanding:

IT’S NOT HAPPENING

Duck badges are given to people who openly and ceaselessly stir up trouble. If someone occasionally shitposts as anon, but normally behaves themselves, they get banned for a day or three, and then no one cares afterwards.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Equestrian Stories 2024

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide